Maybe?
-
Haven't seen most of them. We'll have to get on the stick. Black klansman is on pay-per-view now and widows is playing in the theaters. I would imagine it's up there to serve the politically correct crowd. Assuming there will be more in that category. Never even heard of most of these. Thought Star is Born was okay. And that black panther was a mediocre superhero movie no more deserving of an Oscar than the Avengers.
WSSis
-
Haven't seen most of them. We'll have to get on the stick. Black klansman is on pay-per-view now and widows is playing in the theaters. I would imagine it's up there to serve the politically correct crowd. Assuming there will be more in that category. Never even heard of most of these. Thought Star is Born was okay. And that black panther was a mediocre superhero movie no more deserving of an Oscar than the Avengers.
WSSis
Haven't seen most of them. We'll have to get on the stick. Black klansman is on pay-per-view now and widows is playing in the theaters. I would imagine it's up there to serve the politically correct crowd. Assuming there will be more in that category. Never even heard of most of these. Thought Star is Born was okay. And that black panther was a mediocre superhero movie no more deserving of an Oscar than the Avengers.
WSSis
It was better than the Avengers because I thought that the (original) Avengers was awful. But..sure, no more deserving than 100 other Superhero movies. I still liked it OK....but Oscar worthy? No.
On the other hand, is it any more silly than a movie about a fishman fuycking a chick?
-
Haven't seen most of them. We'll have to get on the stick. Black klansman is on pay-per-view now and widows is playing in the theaters. I would imagine it's up there to serve the politically correct crowd. Assuming there will be more in that category. Never even heard of most of these. Thought Star is Born was okay. And that black panther was a mediocre superhero movie no more deserving of an Oscar than the Avengers.
WSSis
It was better than the Avengers because I thought that the (original) Avengers was awful. But..sure, no more deserving than 100 other Superhero movies. I still liked it OK....but Oscar worthy? No.
On the other hand, is it any more silly than a movie about a fishman fuycking a chick?
It was better than the Avengers because I thought that the (original) Avengers was awful. But..sure, no more deserving than 100 other Superhero movies. I still liked it OK....but Oscar worthy? No.
On the other hand, is it any more silly than a movie about a fishman fuycking a chick?
Actually I loved the shape of water. If you didn't oh, oh well.
WSS
-
It was better than the Avengers because I thought that the (original) Avengers was awful. But..sure, no more deserving than 100 other Superhero movies. I still liked it OK....but Oscar worthy? No.
On the other hand, is it any more silly than a movie about a fishman fuycking a chick?
Actually I loved the shape of water. If you didn't oh, oh well.
WSS
Actually I loved the shape of water. If you didn't oh, oh well.
WSS
Actually, I did like it fine. I am just not sure that it was "Best Picture" material. The problem is that I am not sure that the competition was any better:
Superficial treatment of the event.....there was a much better BBC miniseries on it a few years back...........even though Tom Hardy portrayed my cousin, essentially in this movie
You know how I feel about this....great performances.....but one of the most boring/stupid movies ever.
If any this is the one that could have perhaps taken it instead, even though I didn't think overall that it was a tour de force.

Never saw it....heard that its only basic appeal was to LBGTers
Pretty much hated this one. Got it on video...and didn't finish it. -
As I said, the Tom Hardy role based roughly on the exploits of my cousin: Alan Deere:
-
Actually I loved the shape of water. If you didn't oh, oh well.
WSS
Actually, I did like it fine. I am just not sure that it was "Best Picture" material. The problem is that I am not sure that the competition was any better:
Superficial treatment of the event.....there was a much better BBC miniseries on it a few years back...........even though Tom Hardy portrayed my cousin, essentially in this movie
You know how I feel about this....great performances.....but one of the most boring/stupid movies ever.
If any this is the one that could have perhaps taken it instead, even though I didn't think overall that it was a tour de force.

Never saw it....heard that its only basic appeal was to LBGTers
Pretty much hated this one. Got it on video...and didn't finish it.Actually, I did like it fine. I am just not sure that it was "Best Picture" material. The problem is that I am not sure that the competition was any better:
loved it. Completely different and outstanding.Great performance by Oldham.....but not Best PictureOldham is great movie was OKSuperficial treatment of the event.....there was a much better BBC miniseries on it a few years back...........even though Tom Hardy portrayed my cousin, essentially in this movietoo slow but respectableYou know how I feel about this....great performances.....but one of the most boring/stupid movies ever.well-crafted but I hated itIf any this is the one that could have perhaps taken it instead, even though I didn't think overall that it was a tour de force.not the same old shitt. Loved it.Never saw it. Heard it was just another minority story.B-movie garbage with the race cardA warmed over All the Presiden'ts men.everybody hates the Catholic Church These Days.Never saw it....heard that its only basic appeal was to LBGTersafter all their bitching the critics loved an underage kid getting boned buy a grown up.Pretty much hated this one. Got it on video...and didn't finish it.teenage angst the got extra credit from critics for adding homosexuality. -
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/19/deadpool-2-best-picture-oscars/
To be honest I found this to be the most enjoyable superhero flick in a long time. Probably won't get props because it's a comedy and all the f-bombs but it really did go Way Beyond shock humor.
WSS
-
A warmed over All the Presiden'ts men.everybody hates the Catholic Church These Days.
Are you confusing this movie with the one about the Boston Newspaper that investigated the priest abuses? Spotlight, from a couple of years back? This was about the Washington Post releasing the Pentagon Papers.
-
A warmed over All the Presiden'ts men.everybody hates the Catholic Church These Days.
Are you confusing this movie with the one about the Boston Newspaper that investigated the priest abuses? Spotlight, from a couple of years back? This was about the Washington Post releasing the Pentagon Papers.
A warmed over All the Presiden'ts men.everybody hates the Catholic Church These Days.Are you confusing this movie with the one about the Boston Newspaper that investigated the priest abuses? Spotlight, from a couple of years back? This was about the Washington Post releasing the Pentagon Papers.
Yes I am, and I stand corrected. Should have gone back and read my summary from that Oscar season.
I should have said liberals always love to press when it does their bidding.
?
WSS
-
A warmed over All the Presiden'ts men.everybody hates the Catholic Church These Days.
Are you confusing this movie with the one about the Boston Newspaper that investigated the priest abuses? Spotlight, from a couple of years back? This was about the Washington Post releasing the Pentagon Papers.
Yes I am, and I stand corrected. Should have gone back and read my summary from that Oscar season.
I should have said liberals always love to press when it does their bidding.
?
WSS
Yes I am, and I stand corrected. Should have gone back and read my summary from that Oscar season.
I should have said liberals always love to press when it does their bidding.
?
WSS
And conservatives love to suppress the truth and love to lie in order to do their bidding. So, I guess it is all even.
-
Yes I am, and I stand corrected. Should have gone back and read my summary from that Oscar season.
I should have said liberals always love to press when it does their bidding.
?
WSS
And conservatives love to suppress the truth and love to lie in order to do their bidding. So, I guess it is all even.
And conservatives love to suppress the truth and love to lie in order to do their bidding. So, I guess it is all even.
That's true but it has nothing to do with the context of this Oscar nomination. Very similar to the scene in the verdict when the bad guys lawyer instructed his cronies in the press to write a puff piece about dr. Tarnower. With the Press Under Fire I don't have much. That this film was made to show them in a good light.
And it got more attention because for the most part liberal filmmakers are better than conservative filmmakers. Not always but in general.
WSS
-
And conservatives love to suppress the truth and love to lie in order to do their bidding. So, I guess it is all even.
That's true but it has nothing to do with the context of this Oscar nomination. Very similar to the scene in the verdict when the bad guys lawyer instructed his cronies in the press to write a puff piece about dr. Tarnower. With the Press Under Fire I don't have much. That this film was made to show them in a good light.
And it got more attention because for the most part liberal filmmakers are better than conservative filmmakers. Not always but in general.
WSS
That's true but it has nothing to do with the context of this Oscar nomination. Very similar to the scene in the verdict when the bad guys lawyer instructed his cronies in the press to write a puff piece about dr. Tarnower. With the Press Under Fire I don't have much. That this film was made to show them in a good light.
And it got more attention because for the most part liberal filmmakers are better than conservative filmmakers. Not always but in general.
WSS
Are you saying that Bedtime for Bonzo starring the so called conservative Ronald Reagan was not a fine piece of film making?
On the other hand, you have Clint Eastwood. I think that he, and everyone else would think of him as conservative, and he has acted in, directed, produced many great films.....Oscar worthy.
-
That's true but it has nothing to do with the context of this Oscar nomination. Very similar to the scene in the verdict when the bad guys lawyer instructed his cronies in the press to write a puff piece about dr. Tarnower. With the Press Under Fire I don't have much. That this film was made to show them in a good light.
And it got more attention because for the most part liberal filmmakers are better than conservative filmmakers. Not always but in general.
WSS
Are you saying that Bedtime for Bonzo starring the so called conservative Ronald Reagan was not a fine piece of film making?
On the other hand, you have Clint Eastwood. I think that he, and everyone else would think of him as conservative, and he has acted in, directed, produced many great films.....Oscar worthy.
Are you saying that Bedtime for Bonzo starring the so called conservative Ronald Reagan was not a fine piece of film making?
On the other hand, you have Clint Eastwood. I think that he, and everyone else would think of him as conservative, and he has acted in, directed, produced many great films.....Oscar worthy.
I never said that there were none. I just said for the most part liberals seem to be better in that particular instance.
WSS
-
Are you saying that Bedtime for Bonzo starring the so called conservative Ronald Reagan was not a fine piece of film making?
On the other hand, you have Clint Eastwood. I think that he, and everyone else would think of him as conservative, and he has acted in, directed, produced many great films.....Oscar worthy.
I never said that there were none. I just said for the most part liberals seem to be better in that particular instance.
WSS
I never said that there were none. I just said for the most part liberals seem to be better in that particular instance.
WSS
I haven't been keeping score....nor have I even much an inkling of What writers/producers/directors etc. of who is liberal/conservative etc. Other than someone like Michael Moore.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
