Skip to content

Browns vs Texans

The Browns Board
85 19 2.4k
  • Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    @comeonman said:

    Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    Ahem- Gipper has a frequent traveler discount. The Holiday Inn NRG is going to be the "Official" Browns hotel. Stayed there for the game last year, and it's great. If it was any closer- it literally would be in the stadium parking lot.  

    @comeonman said:

    Thank you Tour, missed that part on their website. I’ll be staying with the backers there, hope to see as many of you BrownsBoard guys there as I can. 

    Ditto, if the BBers don't have a Saturday night bash- we'll do a PM thing to figure out a place to meet. I'm sure Tour (who used to live in Houston) will give us some suggestions....  

  • I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

  • I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

    @mjp28 said:

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

    Two floors? Yeah, that's the one. 

  • Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

    @texasag1969 said:

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

    I have 4 sisters. All live within 10-12 miles. But my brother lives in Arizona 

  • Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    @mjp28 said:

    Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

    I think it's O'Donalds or something Irish like that.... ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    Texas to CLE is a hell of a trip, but I can’t wait to have a Buckeye Browns weekend. My father was born in Columbus and is a diehard/lifelong fan and has never seen a game in either home stadium, just like me. It’ll happen in the next couple of years. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

    Beats the hell outta golden shower burgers. Golden Arches, I mean. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    We all did that.   A lot of us out of town guys were in Cleveland for the Jets game.     Tribe game on Friday night.   I even made the drive to Columbus on Saturday for my first ever visit to the horseshoe for the OSU game.   Already planning opening weekend next year.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States
     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States
     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States