Skip to content

Browns vs Texans

The Browns Board
85 19 2.4k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

    @mjp28 said:

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

    Two floors? Yeah, that's the one. 

  • Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

    @texasag1969 said:

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

    I have 4 sisters. All live within 10-12 miles. But my brother lives in Arizona 

  • Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    @mjp28 said:

    Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

    Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

    I think it's O'Donalds or something Irish like that.... ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    Texas to CLE is a hell of a trip, but I can’t wait to have a Buckeye Browns weekend. My father was born in Columbus and is a diehard/lifelong fan and has never seen a game in either home stadium, just like me. It’ll happen in the next couple of years. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

    Beats the hell outta golden shower burgers. Golden Arches, I mean. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    We all did that.   A lot of us out of town guys were in Cleveland for the Jets game.     Tribe game on Friday night.   I even made the drive to Columbus on Saturday for my first ever visit to the horseshoe for the OSU game.   Already planning opening weekend next year.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite. 

    Whatta burgers?

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatta burgers?

     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States
     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States
     
    Photo of Whataburger - Georgetown, TX, United States
  • Ya'll don't know what burgers are?

  • Ya'll don't know what burgers are?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Ya'll don't know what burgers are?

    Sad thing is that this nationwide and even worldwide franchise thing which really got steam in the 1970s and 1980s has really taken over pushing out a LOT of really good ma & pa restaurants.you can go from Maine to Texas to California or even the USA to China to Africa and get basically the same food, napkins, stores....how boring.

    Go to sites like  https://www.franchise.com/list-of-franchises/?src=google_desktop_FranGen-Main_RA_LOF&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-smi3NLe3gIVh1mGCh0P2gpmEAAYBCAAEgLEkvD_BwE  and see that almost anything is available, for a price.

    A better one  https://www.franchiseopportunities.com/find-a-franchise/results/industry/food-franchises/state/ohio/investment/1000000

    I still love finding the good hidden gems, still some good ones in NE Ohio.  

    ~~~~~~~~~~ oh from top 500:

    Screenshot_2018-11-18-14-35-06.png

  • In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business.... 

    OTOH,  a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.  

  • In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business.... 

    OTOH,  a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.  

    @hoorta said:

    In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business.... 

    OTOH,  a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.  

    That's from the Entrepreneur *website  on their top 500 franchises *as determined by them using 5 big factors, I was a bit surprised maybe at #5 & 6 a little bit but that's everywhere not just Ohio.  (* edited)

    #1 McD no surprise there I remember in the 1980s when I was in grad school you could have got into one for maybe $100k to 300k and up now $1 to 2M plus other details. The business world is really now ready to go out of the box franchises. Oh jack in the box..... got an extra million or two lying around?  https://www.entrepreneur.com/franchise500

    Screenshot_2018-11-19-02-59-41.png

  • Whataburger? Count me in... Patti Melt here...

  • Heard back from Jay...

    On Saturday, November 17, 2018, 5:37:18 PM CST, Tour wrote:
     
    Hey Jay,
     
    There will be a few BrownsBoard types coming into town for the weekend of the game.
     
    Is there a gathering Saturday nite as there was at BWW last year?
     
    Tour
     
    ===============================================================================================================================================
     
    We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.
     
    Our Tailgate/BBQ will be our social event to meet and visit with Browns fans. 
     
    Note that several deadlines are rapidly approaching:
     
    Nov 23rd - preferred group rate for Browns Backers expires at the Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center
     
    Nov 25th - Last day to purchase Tailgate BBQ tickets
     
    GO BROWNS!
     
    Jay