Browns vs Texans
-
Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was: 730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611
Back then the best deep dish pizza in ChicagolNot to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was: 730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611
Back then the best deep dish pizza in ChicagolThen tell us where in Houston to go eat.
-
Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was: 730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611
Back then the best deep dish pizza in ChicagolThen tell us where in Houston to go eat.
Then tell us where in Houston to go eat.
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
-
Then tell us where in Houston to go eat.
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
Whatta burgers?
-
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
Whatta burgers?
Whatta burgers?
I think it's O'Donalds or something Irish like that.... ?
-
I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.
Here's a crazy idea...
You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??
Here's a crazy idea...
You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??
Texas to CLE is a hell of a trip, but I can’t wait to have a Buckeye Browns weekend. My father was born in Columbus and is a diehard/lifelong fan and has never seen a game in either home stadium, just like me. It’ll happen in the next couple of years.
-
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
Whatta burgers?
Whatta burgers?
Beats the hell outta golden shower burgers. Golden Arches, I mean.
-
I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.
Here's a crazy idea...
You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??
Here's a crazy idea...
You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??
We all did that. A lot of us out of town guys were in Cleveland for the Jets game. Tribe game on Friday night. I even made the drive to Columbus on Saturday for my first ever visit to the horseshoe for the OSU game. Already planning opening weekend next year.
-
There's these buildings with yellow arches that sell hamburgers down there. Exquisite.
Whatta burgers?
-
Ya'll don't know what burgers are?
-
Ya'll don't know what burgers are?
Ya'll don't know what burgers are?
Sad thing is that this nationwide and even worldwide franchise thing which really got steam in the 1970s and 1980s has really taken over pushing out a LOT of really good ma & pa restaurants.you can go from Maine to Texas to California or even the USA to China to Africa and get basically the same food, napkins, stores....how boring.
Go to sites like https://www.franchise.com/list-of-franchises/?src=google_desktop_FranGen-Main_RA_LOF&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-smi3NLe3gIVh1mGCh0P2gpmEAAYBCAAEgLEkvD_BwE and see that almost anything is available, for a price.
I still love finding the good hidden gems, still some good ones in NE Ohio.
~~~~~~~~~~ oh from top 500:
-
In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business....
OTOH, a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.
In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business....
OTOH, a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.
That's from the Entrepreneur *website on their top 500 franchises *as determined by them using 5 big factors, I was a bit surprised maybe at #5 & 6 a little bit but that's everywhere not just Ohio. (* edited)
#1 McD no surprise there I remember in the 1980s when I was in grad school you could have got into one for maybe $100k to 300k and up now $1 to 2M plus other details. The business world is really now ready to go out of the box franchises. Oh jack in the box..... got an extra million or two lying around? https://www.entrepreneur.com/franchise500
-
Heard back from Jay...
On Saturday, November 17, 2018, 5:37:18 PM CST, Tour wrote:Hey Jay,There will be a few BrownsBoard types coming into town for the weekend of the game.Is there a gathering Saturday nite as there was at BWW last year?Tour===============================================================================================================================================We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.Our Tailgate/BBQ will be our social event to meet and visit with Browns fans.Note that several deadlines are rapidly approaching:Nov 23rd - preferred group rate for Browns Backers expires at the Holiday Inn NRG/Med CenterNov 25th - Last day to purchase Tailgate BBQ ticketsGO BROWNS!Jay -
I got my tickets to the Sunday Tailgate....Orange lot, naturally.
-
We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.
If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me. My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant. Just keep me advised if that is the plan. Larry has my cell phone info.
-
We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.
If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me. My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant. Just keep me advised if that is the plan. Larry has my cell phone info.
We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.
If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me. My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant. Just keep me advised if that is the plan. Larry has my cell phone info.
LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.
I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....
-
We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.
If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me. My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant. Just keep me advised if that is the plan. Larry has my cell phone info.
LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.
I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....
LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.
I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....
We’re staying there as well. Anyone know if it’s close enough to walk to the stadium from there or should I pay for parking?
-
LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.
I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....
We’re staying there as well. Anyone know if it’s close enough to walk to the stadium from there or should I pay for parking?
We’re staying there as well. Anyone know if it’s close enough to walk to the stadium from there or should I pay for parking?
I stayed there last year. LOL, you will not need to pay for parking.
As I mentioned- if the hotel was any closer it would be in the stadium Red Lot. There's a fence with a gate to let you through gameday. It's so close, Holiday Inn makes a few extra bucks selling off parking when the Texans are playing. So don't forget to stop at the front desk and get your guest parking tag to put in your car either the night before or before you head over to the Tailgate and game.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


