Skip to content

Browns vs Texans

The Browns Board
85 19 2.4k
  • Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

  • Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    @comeonman said:

    Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    Me. Hampton 

  • Here's the last update I received...

    Fellow Browns Backers,
     
    Tickets
    Space City Dawg Pound (SCDP) is encouraging all Browns fans to purchase their tickets in Sections 637 or 638.  Let's turn these 2 sections into BrownsTown USA!  Tickets are available from any of the secondary ticket markets, be sure to compare the total price including ALL FEES.
     
    Hotel
    Special Backer room rates and a Booking Link for the Official Browns Backer hotel can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 GAME HOTEL".
     
    Tailgate & BBQ
    SCDP is also hosting a pre-game Tailgate and optional BBQ in NRG Stadium’s Orange Lot.  Full details including a map, driving directions and NRG Stadium FAQ's can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 TAILGATE BBQ".
     
     
     
    Kindly share this information with anyone who might be interested in coming to Houston for the game.
     
    We look forward to meeting you and your family when the Browns exact revenge on the Texans.
     
    GO BROWNS!
     
    Jay Salzer
    President, Space City Dawg Pound
  • Thank you Tour, missed that part on their website. I’ll be staying with the backers there, hope to see as many of you BrownsBoard guys there as I can. 

  • Here's the last update I received...

    Fellow Browns Backers,
     
    Tickets
    Space City Dawg Pound (SCDP) is encouraging all Browns fans to purchase their tickets in Sections 637 or 638.  Let's turn these 2 sections into BrownsTown USA!  Tickets are available from any of the secondary ticket markets, be sure to compare the total price including ALL FEES.
     
    Hotel
    Special Backer room rates and a Booking Link for the Official Browns Backer hotel can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 GAME HOTEL".
     
    Tailgate & BBQ
    SCDP is also hosting a pre-game Tailgate and optional BBQ in NRG Stadium’s Orange Lot.  Full details including a map, driving directions and NRG Stadium FAQ's can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 TAILGATE BBQ".
     
     
     
    Kindly share this information with anyone who might be interested in coming to Houston for the game.
     
    We look forward to meeting you and your family when the Browns exact revenge on the Texans.
     
    GO BROWNS!
     
    Jay Salzer
    President, Space City Dawg Pound

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's the last update I received...

    Fellow Browns Backers,
     
    Tickets
    Space City Dawg Pound (SCDP) is encouraging all Browns fans to purchase their tickets in Sections 637 or 638.  Let's turn these 2 sections into BrownsTown USA!  Tickets are available from any of the secondary ticket markets, be sure to compare the total price including ALL FEES.
    I have 4 tickets in section 637!
     
    Hotel
    Special Backer room rates and a Booking Link for the Official Browns Backer hotel can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 GAME HOTEL".
    I am staying at a nearby Hampton via a friends/family discount.....much better rate and not too far away
     
    Tailgate & BBQ
    SCDP is also hosting a pre-game Tailgate and optional BBQ in NRG Stadium’s Orange Lot.  Full details including a map, driving directions and NRG Stadium FAQ's can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 TAILGATE BBQ".
     
     
    I will check these out.
     
    Kindly share this information with anyone who might be interested in coming to Houston for the game.
     
    We look forward to meeting you and your family when the Browns exact revenge on the Texans.
     
    GO BROWNS!
     
    Jay Salzer
    Thanks for the info.
  • Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

    Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

  • Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

    Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

    @the-gipper said:

    Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

    Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

    I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

  • ic single game sack records may go down in flames 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

    Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

    I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

    @comeonman said:

    I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

    Tried to PM you.....your PM was either full or not set up.

  • @comeonman said:

    I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

    Tried to PM you.....your PM was either full or not set up.

    @the-gipper said:

    Tried to PM you.....your PM was either full or not set up.

    I cleared them out, good to go 

  • I believe that the BBQ is a catered deal... as opposed to grilling, thus the charge.

    As for Saturday nite... I've written Jay asking if there will be a gathering as there was last season. http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/2017-backer-bash/

  • Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    @comeonman said:

    Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

    Ahem- Gipper has a frequent traveler discount. The Holiday Inn NRG is going to be the "Official" Browns hotel. Stayed there for the game last year, and it's great. If it was any closer- it literally would be in the stadium parking lot.  

    @comeonman said:

    Thank you Tour, missed that part on their website. I’ll be staying with the backers there, hope to see as many of you BrownsBoard guys there as I can. 

    Ditto, if the BBers don't have a Saturday night bash- we'll do a PM thing to figure out a place to meet. I'm sure Tour (who used to live in Houston) will give us some suggestions....  

  • I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

  • I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a crazy idea...

    You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... ??

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.?

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

    I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

    On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.