Skip to content

Top PFF Grades Halfway Through

The Browns Board
29 13 650
  • Showing us how these grades compare with the rest of the league would be far more illuminating.

  • Hue Jackson 0.00

  • Tretter in the too 3. Love that shìt.

  • So basically one "elite" (Chubb), two "high quality" (Schobert and Garrett) and a handful of "above average".

  • Hue Jackson 0.00

    @browns149 said:

    Hue Jackson 0.00

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

  • @browns149 said:

    Hue Jackson 0.00

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    Oh I get that...... I thinkl 😐

  • @texasag1969 said:

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    Oh I get that...... I thinkl 😐

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh I get that...... I thinkl 😐

    I shoulda put this on it.....................$0.02.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh I get that...... I thinkl 😐

    I shoulda put this on it.....................$0.02.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I shoulda put this on it.....................$0.02.

    Oh not 0.02%?  I thought maybe he had a JFF/Flash problem. Nevermind.

  • Not overly impressed with some of these grades but that is about where our team stands.  Another year of drafting and development along with proper coaching should go a long way.

  • @browns149 said:

    Hue Jackson 0.00

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    Bungles 21

    Rat Birds 24

    I see Hue is having his presence felt in Cincy already! 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    There's a new version now in Cincy, Huey 0.02.?

    Bungles 21

    Rat Birds 24

    I see Hue is having his presence felt in Cincy already! 

    @canton-dawg said:

    Bungles 21

    Rat Birds 24

    I see Hue is having his presence felt in Cincy already! 

    Rumor has it that at a key point in the game he gave Marvin his 2 cents worth and it paid off in .............................................0.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I think a lot of us, myself included, didn't realize just how important Joe Schobert is to our team.  Homeboy is about to get PAID in the near future, and props to Gregg Williams for moving Joe to his new position, and he's the kind of LB I've been wanting for quite some time.  It's obvious to me how hard Joe works, and there's no better proof than how he's gotten better in coverage.  I remember his first year, he was JUST out of position.  I mean, he'd be THIS close to touching the ball, but the TE would get a first down or TD instead.  Now, he's almost always in position, and he's generally responsible for getting us in the correct defensive formation.  

    There are no big surprises on this list to me, OTHER than Peppers.  I've always been tough on the guy, that's no secret.  But I have noticed him playing better this year, by a wide margin.  Yeah, I'm a little ticked he fumbled that punt in OT, but really...he's been very solid.  His other big mistake came on 4th down last week when he didn't make the tackle on Hooper, and Hooper then went in for the TD.  It didn't end up costing us, but that's the EXACT kind of play he needs to make.  I think Peppers was confused for a second, and didn't know whether to go for the ball or the man, and ended up missing both.  He's got to understand down and distance there, and all he had to do was cut Hooper's legs.  That being said, I'm proud of the guy.  He was placed in an awful position last year, he kept his head up, and he's been a tough, gritty player for us.

    I'm ALWAYS tough on Garrett, in part because he was the #1 overall pick, and also because I know just how talented he is.  I would like to see a FEW more game-changing plays, but I'm not sure how fair that is to him.  I realize he gets double teamed constantly, RB chipped, TE chipped, and whatever else....but I want a couple of those "Wow" plays, ya know?  Again, I'm NOT hating on Garrett.  Please don't think that.  I just want to see more!  He's going to be a great one for quite some time, and I think he's due for a multi-sack game.

  • I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc). 

  • And I'll agree with you on Schobert. I didn't see it last year. Figured it was mainly just about how bad a lot of other positions on our D were and his ability to clean up. This year it's been apparent how good he is based on our performance with and without him. 

  • I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc). 

    @mld-woody said:

    I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc). 

    OK, that disconnect may come however as a result of expectations.   Fans expect a highly touted first round draft pick to play at a Pro Bowl level. When he plays shittily...like last year, the fans see the shite.   When they see mere average competence, like this year, they still expect Pro Bowl caliber performance.  I think fans can..for the most part... tell excellence when they see it...and mediocrity when they see it.

    And yes, fans CAN be deceived.  I have said on here that I think the Troy Polamalu had been a highly overrated player, because fans saw the wild hair flying around, and him flying around (sometimes making a few spectacular plays when doing so...sometimes being wholly out of position). 

    So...maybe Peppers needs to grow his hair down to his arse, and fly around like a grasshopper in heat.  Then people will think he is playing great (instead of exceedingly mediocre) 

  • @mld-woody said:

    I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc). 

    OK, that disconnect may come however as a result of expectations.   Fans expect a highly touted first round draft pick to play at a Pro Bowl level. When he plays shittily...like last year, the fans see the shite.   When they see mere average competence, like this year, they still expect Pro Bowl caliber performance.  I think fans can..for the most part... tell excellence when they see it...and mediocrity when they see it.

    And yes, fans CAN be deceived.  I have said on here that I think the Troy Polamalu had been a highly overrated player, because fans saw the wild hair flying around, and him flying around (sometimes making a few spectacular plays when doing so...sometimes being wholly out of position). 

    So...maybe Peppers needs to grow his hair down to his arse, and fly around like a grasshopper in heat.  Then people will think he is playing great (instead of exceedingly mediocre) 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, that disconnect may come however as a result of expectations.   Fans expect a highly touted first round draft pick to play at a Pro Bowl level.

    And yes, fans CAN be deceived.  I have said on here that I think the Troy Polamalu had been a highly overrated player, because fans saw the wild hair flying around, and him flying around (sometimes making a few spectacular plays when doing so...sometimes being wholly out of position). 

    Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.

    He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways. 

    All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.

    Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.