Top PFF Grades Halfway Through
-
OK, that disconnect may come however as a result of expectations. Fans expect a highly touted first round draft pick to play at a Pro Bowl level.
And yes, fans CAN be deceived. I have said on here that I think the Troy Polamalu had been a highly overrated player, because fans saw the wild hair flying around, and him flying around (sometimes making a few spectacular plays when doing so...sometimes being wholly out of position).
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
Yes, I did stop to think about it. Having thought about it, I haven't changed my mind a lot. I don't buy that he was intuitive necessarily. No more than any other decent DB. I buy that he took risks and that half the time those risks paid off...and half the time they didn't...and I buy that that knack for making big plays is because he took those risks...and was successful enough... and his play was wacky and wild enough to get a lot of notice when it worked (and even when it didn't)
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
Probably....and he will be one of the few overrated players in there.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
I never said he didn't play hard. He did play hard. He took a lot of risks...and played hard doing so. I am just saying that I think he game was not all that when it came to the basics of playing his position. His tackling skills were OK, pretty good (he was not Tatum or Lott); his coverage skills were average....he didn't do much there that most decent SS could do. When he blitzed, he failed, and he either guessed right and made a big, seemingly spectacular play (because of that hair, you know)...or he guessed wrong. finger LeBeau coached a great defense, and when he made mistakes LeBeau's schemes were able to cover them up to a great extent.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
I would not go so far to say "really good player" yet. But I do hope that he grows into a really good player. This defense could certainly use it.
-
OK, that disconnect may come however as a result of expectations. Fans expect a highly touted first round draft pick to play at a Pro Bowl level.
And yes, fans CAN be deceived. I have said on here that I think the Troy Polamalu had been a highly overrated player, because fans saw the wild hair flying around, and him flying around (sometimes making a few spectacular plays when doing so...sometimes being wholly out of position).
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
Some users on here have some very strongly tinted orange and Brown glasses
-
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
Some users on here have some very strongly tinted orange and Brown glasses
Some users on here have some very strongly tinted orange and Brown glasses
On the other hand some of us have like 55 years worth of watching NFL games and are able to tell the difference between style and substance. While Polymotherfuyckyou was a good player, I think that his style got most people more enamored with him than there was substance to back it up. I would compare him to TJ Ward more than a Ronnie Lott, or Earl Thomas, or Willie Wood, or Emlen Tunnell, or Yale Lary or Paul Krause...or Kenny Easley, Larry Wilson, or Ken Houston....Steve Atwater, John Lynch, finger Anderson, Charlie waters, Jack Tatum, Not as good as old Steeler Donnie Shell. About on par with Carnell Lake. And certainly not as good as contemporary Ed Reed.
Good, not great. Enhanced by the system he played in and the coach he played for.
-
Manually searched annual totals for:
Hubbard 62.3 / Robinson 59.8 / Harrison 57.1
Kirksey 46.1
Collins 62.6
These guys.. are not living up to their contracts. Except for Robinson and Harrison, of course..
-
Manually searched annual totals for:
Hubbard 62.3 / Robinson 59.8 / Harrison 57.1
Kirksey 46.1
Collins 62.6
These guys.. are not living up to their contracts. Except for Robinson and Harrison, of course..
Manually searched annual totals for:
Hubbard 62.3 / Robinson 59.8 / Harrison 57.1
Kirksey 46.1
Collins 62.6
These guys.. are not living up to their contracts. Except for Robinson and Harrison, of course..
Kirksey has been a real disappointment, pretty much a ghost this season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last downs with the Browns.
-
Ugh, you ever stop to think... maybe it’s not Polamalu’s hair? Maybe as a fan of the game, I noticed that Polamalu had a knack for making big plays.. maybe he was “out of position” but he played instinctively. He was intuitive. That is an extremely important trait for a safety to have.
He’ll be on his way to Canton soon...anyways.
All I said about him anyways was that he played hard... and you’re still talking about it.
Peppers is a really good player who is still growing, like the other 99% of the current roster.
Some users on here have some very strongly tinted orange and Brown glasses
Some users on here have some very strongly tinted orange and Brown glasses
So what's wrong with that on TBB?
.........better than maize and blue ones.
Hey Mr. Wolverine I see where m opened as a 3' point favorite and went to 4 on many books and IN COLUMBUS! Easy money pal take the Bucks!
-
I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc).
I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc).
I try to keep my expectations of Garrett in check. I tell myself that he's in his second year, and he's almost always getting double teamed or chipped in some way. Additionally, Garrett impacts the play even when he doesn't get to the QB, and he's stout against the run. But....
When I watch a player like Khalil Mack, I can't help but want the same from Garrett. I want those "change the game" plays, and I know he's good enough to get them. Garrett should've won the game against the Steelers in week 1, but he was also responsible for one of the worst penalties I've ever seen that made the FG like 38 yards instead of 23.
If I was a betting man, I'd bet Garrett is going to help us win a game soon with a huge play. It's coming.
-
I think there is always a disconnect between what fans see (flash plays, obvious mistakes) vs what coaches/professional evaluators see (play by play breakdowns of off ball performance, what the player's responsibility actually is, etc).
I try to keep my expectations of Garrett in check. I tell myself that he's in his second year, and he's almost always getting double teamed or chipped in some way. Additionally, Garrett impacts the play even when he doesn't get to the QB, and he's stout against the run. But....
When I watch a player like Khalil Mack, I can't help but want the same from Garrett. I want those "change the game" plays, and I know he's good enough to get them. Garrett should've won the game against the Steelers in week 1, but he was also responsible for one of the worst penalties I've ever seen that made the FG like 38 yards instead of 23.
If I was a betting man, I'd bet Garrett is going to help us win a game soon with a huge play. It's coming.
I try to keep my expectations of Garrett in check. I tell myself that he's in his second year, and he's almost always getting double teamed or chipped in some way. Additionally, Garrett impacts the play even when he doesn't get to the QB, and he's stout against the run. But....
He's playing about where I expected this year given we don't really have any "twins" to go with him. I was thinking he would get close to 1 sack per game with multiple hurries of the QB and that's right about where he is now. I totally expected the double teams and chips. That will continue until we have another impact DL player to go with him. I fully expect to see that out of this year's draft or even an off-season deal.
-
Manually searched annual totals for:
Hubbard 62.3 / Robinson 59.8 / Harrison 57.1
Kirksey 46.1
Collins 62.6
These guys.. are not living up to their contracts. Except for Robinson and Harrison, of course..
Kirksey has been a real disappointment, pretty much a ghost this season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last downs with the Browns.
Kirksey has been a real disappointment, pretty much a ghost this season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last downs with the Browns.
I really think Kirksey belongs in the middle, and that is why he is struggling.
subpar line play up front could also make his job more difficult.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login