Brad Seely (the new ST coach)
-
Here's what new ST coach Brad Seely had to say about Josh Cribbs (per the Plain Dealer):
"It's been a pleasure to coach him. He's a real veteran professional, goes about his business, wants to be a great player and does the right things to prepare himself. Here's a guy you want to have the ball in his hands as much as you possibly can, and he makes a lot of plays on coverage teams, too."
You won't see Denver coaches saying this about Marshall.
If we trade Cribbs I think Seely would kill Kokinis. Seely is widely regarded as one of the best ST guys in the business. It seems like a perfect marriage with our ST being the only consistent unit in the past four or five years.
Look for a re-emergence of Cribbs as a top return man statistically and also expect fewer and fewer penalties on coverage/returns.
The whole article was encouraging. Check out what Rob Ryan says about his philosophy on D. It's a breath of fresh air.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ordinators.html
-
"It's been a pleasure..."
Sounds like Cribbs is gone and Seely knows it.
-
-
• On unlocking the potential of Kamerion Wimbley:
"We're playing Kamerion all over -- right, left and also in the "buck" [scheme], which moves him around. So he's had a lot of roles and we look forward to increasing his role. I think the young man has great ability to rush the passer ... he's a hard worker and he does what the coaches ask him to do. We ask him to concentrate on pushing the pocket and using more bull rush than speed rushing. You see him working on it every day. I believe he's only going to get better with great coaching. I think he's going to have a tremendous year for us."
FINALLY
-
• On unlocking the potential of Kamerion Wimbley:
"We're playing Kamerion all over -- right, left and also in the "buck" [scheme], which moves him around. So he's had a lot of roles and we look forward to increasing his role. I think the young man has great ability to rush the passer ... he's a hard worker and he does what the coaches ask him to do. We ask him to concentrate on pushing the pocket and using more bull rush than speed rushing. You see him working on it every day. I believe he's only going to get better with great coaching. I think he's going to have a tremendous year for us."
FINALLY
-
@jadbf said:
I said all along I thought it was scheme and coaching holding wimbley back...let's hope these changes make the difference we hope they can.I hope this is the case. I thought the last coaching staff never could coach up a player enough to get the very best out of them. Seems Ryan won't take no for an answer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login