Skip to content

Crazy game

The Browns Board
44 12 1.2k
  • completely uninteresting football. Love the pro bowl in nov tho...?

  • completely uninteresting football. Love the pro bowl in nov tho...?

    @clevfan4life said:

    completely uninteresting football. Love the pro bowl in nov tho...?

    yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    completely uninteresting football. Love the pro bowl in nov tho...?

    yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

    @mark-o said:

    yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

    I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

    That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

  • @mark-o said:

    yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

    I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

    That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

    That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

    They were playing some defense...there were 3 defensive TD's. 

    The defenses don't have a chance against offenses like that and that is the future of the NFL. 

  • I had about a 400 point lead going into that game in my FFL, but the second best guy had both Mahomes and Gurley in the game. Thank God I had Tyreek Hill who scored me two TD's and 215 yards from Mahomes to counterbalance his 6 TD 468 yard night. I won by just over 300 points for the highest total for any other league member in all the weekends thus far. In addition to Hill I had Brees, Barkley, RB Lindsey of Denver and WR T.Smith of NO who had a breakout game for Brees in replacing Dez.

    But what a game those two QB's put on last night!! Mahomes is usually a lot more careful with the football.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I had about a 400 point lead going into that game in my FFL, but the second best guy had both Mahomes and Gurley in the game. Thank God I had Tyreek Hill who scored me two TD's and 215 yards from Mahomes to counterbalance his 6 TD 468 yard night. I won by just over 300 points for the highest total for any other league member in all the weekends thus far. In addition to Hill I had Brees, Barkley, RB Lindsey of Denver and WR T.Smith of NO who had a breakout game for Brees in replacing Dez.

    But what a game those two QB's put on last night!! Mahomes is usually a lot more careful with the football.

    Saw this (pretty amazing) stat from NFL.com- has a team ever committed five turnovers, and still scored 50 points?  Come to think of it- if the Chiefs had played a turnover free game, that long standing Bears record of 73 points is a game might have been in serious danger of being broken.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

    That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

    They were playing some defense...there were 3 defensive TD's. 

    The defenses don't have a chance against offenses like that and that is the future of the NFL. 

    @mark-o said:

    They were playing some defense...there were 3 defensive TD's. 

    That is true, and the defense set up a few more n'est ce pas?

    The defenses don't have a chance against offenses like that and that is the future of the NFL. 

    Big 12 football.   I guess its a good thing we have a Big 12 QB.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I had about a 400 point lead going into that game in my FFL, but the second best guy had both Mahomes and Gurley in the game. Thank God I had Tyreek Hill who scored me two TD's and 215 yards from Mahomes to counterbalance his 6 TD 468 yard night. I won by just over 300 points for the highest total for any other league member in all the weekends thus far. In addition to Hill I had Brees, Barkley, RB Lindsey of Denver and WR T.Smith of NO who had a breakout game for Brees in replacing Dez.

    But what a game those two QB's put on last night!! Mahomes is usually a lot more careful with the football.

    Saw this (pretty amazing) stat from NFL.com- has a team ever committed five turnovers, and still scored 50 points?  Come to think of it- if the Chiefs had played a turnover free game, that long standing Bears record of 73 points is a game might have been in serious danger of being broken.  

    @hoorta said:

    Saw this (pretty amazing) stat from NFL.com- has a team ever committed five turnovers, and still scored 50 points?  Come to think of it- if the Chiefs had played a turnover free game, that long standing Bears record of 73 points is a game might have been in serious danger of being broken.  

    Mahomes threw 6 TD passes....and had 5 turnovers.    That has never happened.

  • its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

  • its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

    Go watch the Lingerie League. You sound like the type if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl, we shoulda beat them by 20.   

  • its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

    Then stop watching.  No one is forcing you to be here for christs sake.  Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??    Fucks sakes....some of you will bitch about anything.   For what it's worth...you're in the minority on this one since it was the highest rated game of the season for MNF.    Don't think for a second the league doesn't see that and keep adjusting the rules for more offense.

  • @the-gipper said:

    That’s it 54 to 51 rams are going to win. They said this is the first game in NFL history in which both teams scored 50 or more points

    ^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  🙁 

    That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

    @hoorta said:

    ^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  🙁 

    That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  🙁 

    That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    @furnier said:

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

  • @furnier said:

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

    @mark-o said:

    Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

    Yeah, LA is currently sporting twin scumbag NFL owners. Spanos (the dead one and the living one) are equally culpable.

  • @mark-o said:

    Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

    Yeah, LA is currently sporting twin scumbag NFL owners. Spanos (the dead one and the living one) are equally culpable.

    @furnier said:

    Yeah, LA is currently sporting twin scumbag NFL owners. Spanos (the dead one and the living one) are equally culpable.

    I blame the Chargers owners more, the younger living one.  If the dad had been more involved and not 115 years old, the team never leaves San Diego. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

    Then stop watching.  No one is forcing you to be here for christs sake.  Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??    Fucks sakes....some of you will bitch about anything.   For what it's worth...you're in the minority on this one since it was the highest rated game of the season for MNF.    Don't think for a second the league doesn't see that and keep adjusting the rules for more offense.

    @mark-o said:

      Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??   

    you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  🙁 

    That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    @furnier said:

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    Yup Doug, I have several relatives and good friends who live in St. Louis, so ditto. Old Stan may even top Schmodell in being a Carpetbagger. St Louis had the best offer on the table, plus unlike New Yorker Artie- Kroenke is actually from Missouri. I can't root for the Rams (and their owner) under any circumstances.   

  • @mark-o said:

      Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??   

    you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

    @clevfan4life said:

    you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

    So I only like them when they're winning?  

  • @clevfan4life said:

    you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

    So I only like them when they're winning?  

    @hoorta said:

    So I only like them when they're winning?  

    no, when they're fighting. I have said that here for "years" now nothing new.

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  🙁 

    That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    @furnier said:

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    Kroenke is also hated by almost every Arsenal FC fan over here in England, seems to be a theme with him...

  • @furnier said:

    My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

    Kroenke is also hated by almost every Arsenal FC fan over here in England, seems to be a theme with him...

    @londonbrown said:

    Kroenke is also hated by almost every Arsenal FC fan over here in England, seems to be a theme with him...

    Why? Does he own that team?