Skip to content

Clay Mathews named semi finalist for HOF

The Browns Board
29 14 797 1
  • Sorry to some of the young fans around here, but you will see your time..But for some of us, We have had our good days!! 

        https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/11/22/cleveland-browns-clay-matthews-jr-pro-football-hall-of-fame/    Fix your HOF committee..Than put Clay Matthews Jr in your Halls.. at 1:51 that would be one gumby in the white #57 Clay Matthews jersey..A time never forgotten..  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Long overdue, imho. GOOD ! Hope he gets in.

    I've always said if Clay had played for the Steelers, he'd have been in long ago... 

    @hoorta said:

    I've always said if Clay had played for the Steelers, he'd have been in long ago... 

    While he played 19 years and is 3rd on the all-time tackles list. He only made 4 pro bowls and was never first team all-pro. ( 1 second team all-pro) 

    Like most have said , he would be in already had he played for championship teams. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Two-time Super Bowl winning champion. Plus I think he lost one so he was in it three times   you have guys in it that didn’t win a single Super Bowl

    He reminds me of a homo. Sorry, but the guy is a lightweight. Didn't he inherit Madden's great team? He had sissy hair. If I was on the HOF committee, it would be a lot tougher to get voted in.

    @ghoolie said:

    He reminds me of a homo. Sorry, but the guy is a lightweight. Didn't he inherit Madden's great team? He had sissy hair. If I was on the HOF committee, it would be a lot tougher to get voted in.

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

  • @ghoolie said:

    He reminds me of a homo. Sorry, but the guy is a lightweight. Didn't he inherit Madden's great team? He had sissy hair. If I was on the HOF committee, it would be a lot tougher to get voted in.

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

    @the-gipper said:

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

    I am never wrong.

    1) He isn't a Browm

    2) I don't give an Adam Schitt about homo Flores.

    3) See #1

  • Love clay, but I wouldnt vote him into the HOF.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

    I am never wrong.

    1) He isn't a Browm

    2) I don't give an Adam Schitt about homo Flores.

    3) See #1

    @ghoolie said:

    I am never wrong.

    1) He isn't a Browm

    2) I don't give an Adam Schitt about homo Flores.

    3) See #1

    What does any of that have to do with his qualifications or the Hall of Fame

  • @ghoolie said:

    He reminds me of a homo. Sorry, but the guy is a lightweight. Didn't he inherit Madden's great team? He had sissy hair. If I was on the HOF committee, it would be a lot tougher to get voted in.

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

    @the-gipper said:

    No. You are wrong on all counts 

    That's not exactly earth shattering news...  

  • On the Flores thing.   I suspect that he has as much cred as a few coaches who are in:

    He had 97 career wins  (Madden had 103....Tony Dungy had 139 in more seasons)

    He was  8-3 in postseason play and won 2 Super Bowls........Dungy was 9-10, with 1SB.  

    Compare him to the other two coaching semifinalists:

    Don Coryell  had 111 wins....was 3-6 in postseason....and none of his teams ever made a Super Bowl

    Jimmy Johnson had 80 wins....was 13-9 in postseason play.....with 2 SB wins.

    And look at these guys, two of the most successful ever:

    Marty Schottenheimer,   one of only 7 coaches with 200 career wins....but was 5-13 in the postseason (clearly held against him)

    Dan Reeves has  190 wins  10th best all time......took 2 different teams to the Super Bowl  4 times....but lost them all.    Should losing the SB 4 times  be held against him ?   Marv Levy is in...and he did the same   0-4.

    Chuck Knox  186 career wins....no Super Bowls.

    And what about Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan...and even Bill Cowher.  Are they considered retired, ergo HOF eligible.  I think so.  They both won or were in multiples SBs....and have more career victories than any of the three that are being considered....and more career wins than Levy, Dungy,...and a number of others already in.  Why no consideration yet for them?

    And...oh, yes,  Flores was the first Hispanic  HC to win a Super Bowl.   Does/should that count?  It CERTAINLY counted for Dungy that he was a minority.

  • Flores not a HoFer in my book, but the hair is...

    Cqvl-4YXEAA5bzw.jpg

    Z

  • Flores not a HoFer in my book, but the hair is...

    Cqvl-4YXEAA5bzw.jpg

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Flores not a HoFer in my book, but the hair is...

    https://goo.gl/images/txc7Tz

    Z

    You are probably right but then like I said Dungee shouldn’t be either. He’s in because he was the first black coach to win the Super Bowl. So equity being equity shouldn’t the first Hispanic coach to win a Super Bowl not just one but 2.