Skip to content

Another NFL owner dies

The Browns Board
16 5 594
  • Air Mcnair

  • Air Mcnair

    @kvoethe said:

    Air Mcnair

    Wrong McNair but he’s dead too 

  •  There are currently seven NFL owners who are over the age of 75 the oldest been Virginia Mccaskey owner of the Bears age 95, then Martha Ford owner of the lions 93, Bill Bidwill owner of the cardinals age 87 , Mike Brown owner of the Bengals age 83, Stephen Ross owner of the dolphins age of 78, Bob Kraft owner of the patriots age 77 and Arthur Blank owner of the Falcons age 76.  I believe the teams like the Bears Lions and Cardinals are actually run by children of the owners even though the owner is still actually own the stock

  • The youngest listed owner of an NFL team is Jed York of the 49ers though I’m not sure about that considering his parents are you still alive

  • Also missed the fact that Jerry Jones is also 76 years old.

  • Also remember Tom Benson owner of the New Orleans saints just died in March of this year

  • They cant stand the look of the new nfl and the defensive handicaps

  • The youngest listed owner of an NFL team is Jed York of the 49ers though I’m not sure about that considering his parents are you still alive

    @the-gipper said:

    The youngest listed owner of an NFL team is Jed York of the 49ers though I’m not sure about that considering his parents are you still alive

    He's married to Marie DeBartolo York who is a billionaire.....and daughter of the ol' man E. J. DeBartolo Sr.

  •  Just saw that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair died today. That makes at least the second NFL owner who is died this year. Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks died earlier. So they could be some changes going on there. My understanding is that Alan’s family will Probably not to continue ownership, however I don’t know about McNear’s family obviously too early

    @the-gipper said:

     Just saw that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair died today. That makes at least the second NFL owner who is died this year. Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks died earlier. So they could be some changes going on there. My understanding is that Alan’s family will Probably not to continue ownership, however I don’t know about McNear’s family obviously too early

    Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

    McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

    Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

  • @the-gipper said:

     Just saw that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair died today. That makes at least the second NFL owner who is died this year. Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks died earlier. So they could be some changes going on there. My understanding is that Alan’s family will Probably not to continue ownership, however I don’t know about McNear’s family obviously too early

    Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

    McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

    Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

    @mjp28 said:

    Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

    McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

    Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

    But I believe part of it was the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) along with like minded fellow AFL carpetbagger Al Davis thought the Houston Astrodome- when built "the 8th wonder of the world"- had just gotten too shabby for his liking and moved on to greener pastures in Tennessee.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    The youngest listed owner of an NFL team is Jed York of the 49ers though I’m not sure about that considering his parents are you still alive

    He's married to Marie DeBartolo York who is a billionaire.....and daughter of the ol' man E. J. DeBartolo Sr.

    @mjp28 said:

    He's married to Marie DeBartolo York who is a billionaire.....and daughter of the ol' man E. J. DeBartolo Sr.

    No actually he is the son of Marie. 38 years old

  • @mjp28 said:

    Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

    McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

    Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

    But I believe part of it was the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) along with like minded fellow AFL carpetbagger Al Davis thought the Houston Astrodome- when built "the 8th wonder of the world"- had just gotten too shabby for his liking and moved on to greener pastures in Tennessee.  

    @hoorta said:

    But I believe part of it was the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) along with like minded fellow AFL carpetbagger Al Davis thought the Houston Astrodome- when built "the 8th wonder of the world"- had just gotten too shabby for his liking and moved on to greener pastures in Tennessee.  

    Houston did not have the hold contractually over the Oilers the way Cleveland did over the Browns in respect to their stadium lease. People don’t understand it that’s the only reason we kept the Browns. 

  • And when the millennials take over the game, they’ll change the name to Grabbutt and eliminate the shoulder pads and helmets. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    He's married to Marie DeBartolo York who is a billionaire.....and daughter of the ol' man E. J. DeBartolo Sr.

    No actually he is the son of Marie. 38 years old

    @the-gipper said:

    No actually he is the son of Marie. 38 years old

    Yes Jed is the son of John but I've always heaad it is really the DeBartolo money that has bankrolled the 49ers.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No actually he is the son of Marie. 38 years old

    Yes Jed is the son of John but I've always heaad it is really the DeBartolo money that has bankrolled the 49ers.

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes Jed is the son of John but I've always heaad it is really the DeBartolo money that has bankrolled the 49ers.

    Of course that’s true but he is a DeBartolo.