Greg Robinson
-
It’s kinda shocking how a 4th year bust can come in and play at such a surprisingly high level for what is expected.
Makes me wonder why Harrison was starting off rip.
We all saw Myles pushing him backwards like a TE trying to hold the edge on hard knocks.
-
It’s kinda shocking how a 4th year bust can come in and play at such a surprisingly high level for what is expected.
Makes me wonder why Harrison was starting off rip.
We all saw Myles pushing him backwards like a TE trying to hold the edge on hard knocks.
It’s kinda shocking how a 4th year bust can come in and play at such a surprisingly high level for what is expected.
Makes me wonder why Harrison was starting off rip.
We all saw Myles pushing him backwards like a TE trying to hold the edge on hard knocks.
Don't remind me. I'm afraid that's what Clowney is about to do to him. But at least he's gotten to practice against a similar sized guy with similar speed and quickness. That's a plus.
-
The future picture seems pretty clear once the QB of the future is in place. Protect & expand his weapons..Prepare to draft a Tackle early & late in this upcoming draft.There's some good ones coming out. Good Tackles don't hang out on FA boards..Watch Robinson on tape. He was getting killed on drop steps. Bob Wylie impressed me by making Robinson be the first guy to make contact on pass pro & don't let go. Holding only matters when ya get caught and seeing thru big body ga-lutes ain't easy. Baker & Freddie have done a great job designing plays to get ball out of Bake's hands..Am totally excited to see the first 10 mins. this Sunday..The flag beggars will come out..
-
It’s kinda shocking how a 4th year bust can come in and play at such a surprisingly high level for what is expected.
Makes me wonder why Harrison was starting off rip.
We all saw Myles pushing him backwards like a TE trying to hold the edge on hard knocks.
Don't remind me. I'm afraid that's what Clowney is about to do to him. But at least he's gotten to practice against a similar sized guy with similar speed and quickness. That's a plus.
Don't remind me. I'm afraid that's what Clowney is about to do to him. But at least he's gotten to practice against a similar sized guy with similar speed and quickness. That's a plus.
Myles>Clowney. I’m more worried about the other guy(#99)
-
Agreed. I want to make sure he doesn’t get totally victimized by Clowney before ruling out a LT in the draft.
I plan to focus a lot of my attention on isolation of how that is going throughout the game. I'm hoping our resident OL guy Tour does so as well and posts after the game his thoughts. I already know how hard it will be for the other side of the line to handle Watt, so I'll just watch the L side.
I plan to focus a lot of my attention on isolation of how that is going throughout the game. I'm hoping our resident OL guy Tour does so as well and posts after the game his thoughts. I already know how hard it will be for the other side of the line to handle Watt, so I'll just watch the L side.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought...don't Clowney and Watts victimize just about everyone they face? Lol. I guess there's a difference in "getting beat a few times" and "getting victimized", hahaha. I fully expect to see some holding calls, and that's fine as long as they call it for Myles, too.
-
Helps that we’re no longer running so many plays where the route takes loooooong to develop.
Haley/Hue really were giving Harrison very little chance along with Baker
-
I plan to focus a lot of my attention on isolation of how that is going throughout the game. I'm hoping our resident OL guy Tour does so as well and posts after the game his thoughts. I already know how hard it will be for the other side of the line to handle Watt, so I'll just watch the L side.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought...don't Clowney and Watts victimize just about everyone they face? Lol. I guess there's a difference in "getting beat a few times" and "getting victimized", hahaha. I fully expect to see some holding calls, and that's fine as long as they call it for Myles, too.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought...don't Clowney and Watts victimize just about everyone they face? Lol. I guess there's a difference in "getting beat a few times" and "getting victimized", hahaha. I fully expect to see some holding calls, and that's fine as long as they call it for Myles, too.
and i also do not mind holding as long as it is to keep Baker alive
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
SEC football
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
That guy Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State is a BALLER
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
SEC football
SEC football
a.k.a. NFL Jr - There's a reason so many players translate directly into the NFL from the SEC - a lot of great play from both teams today.
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
Bama's was injured and not playing up to his usual game. Hard to throw off of one good leg. They did Bama a favor by knocking him out with injury to the other leg.
-
enjoy reading Scott Petrak, mostly cause he gets the players quotes and not the media's opinion. Heres Petrak with Greg Robinson this week. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/11/29/left-tackle-greg-robinson-determined-not-to-blow-third-chance-ready-to-seize-moment/
-
Anybody watch Bama/Georgia? Some good stuff coming out of them trenches from both sides..My 1st look at Bama's LT Jonah Williams. I can see why he wears #73..I was shocked at the size of both tackles on Georgia.#71 Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320..#79 Isaiah Wilson 6'7" 345lbs..Both them 2 farm animals are only sophomores..good game,than bama does bama things..on to the buckeyes
SEC football
SEC football
The most successful performance-enhancing drug program this side of East Germany
-
I was dipping in and out. I liked the Georgia QB more than the Bama one
That guy Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State is a BALLER
That guy Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State is a BALLER
He was OSU-bound from the crib, considered no other school. There's actually family home video of him acting like a QB as a little kid wearing an OSU jersey and saying he wanted to play for the buckeyes.
The last 2 games he's been absolutely unreal.. he's hit multiple 40-yard bombs in perfect stride to the WR outside shoulder with the DB in perfect position. Watch him tear through UW on the 29th.. they have a good D but Haskins just took every big10 single season passing record from someone named Drew Brees.
-
That guy Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State is a BALLER
He was OSU-bound from the crib, considered no other school. There's actually family home video of him acting like a QB as a little kid wearing an OSU jersey and saying he wanted to play for the buckeyes.
The last 2 games he's been absolutely unreal.. he's hit multiple 40-yard bombs in perfect stride to the WR outside shoulder with the DB in perfect position. Watch him tear through UW on the 29th.. they have a good D but Haskins just took every big10 single season passing record from someone named Drew Brees.
He was OSU-bound from the crib, considered no other school. There's actually family home video of him acting like a QB as a little kid wearing an OSU jersey and saying he wanted to play for the buckeyes.
The last 2 games he's been absolutely unreal.. he's hit multiple 40-yard bombs in perfect stride to the WR outside shoulder with the DB in perfect position. Watch him tear through UW on the 29th.. they have a good D but Haskins just took every big10 single season passing record from someone named Drew Brees.
And while he'll never be a great runner, of late he's gotten to the level of Cardale Jones, which in Urban's offense helps soooooo much. Just taking what the defenses give him makes this offense so much more dynamic.
-
I'll be the first to admit that when we brought Robinson to the team, I kind of rolled my eyes. Here was a guy who was drafted #2 overall, as an offensive lineman from a major school, and he struggled MIGHTILY. For those who aren't familiar with WHY he struggled, I'll give you a quick breakdown. Auburn ran an incredibly simple offensive scheme, and it was far from the traditional "pro style" offenses that we tend to see in the NFL. Lots of RPO stuff, tackle-mobile run plays, and not as much of "drop back" passing. In short, Greg didn't do the things in college that he was going to do in the pros (as much, anyway).
So why would he get drafted so early? Well, because Greg did the things he was asked to do in college incredibly well, and he possesses extraordinarily rare athletic talent. As big as he is, the man can flat out MOVE. It's not uncommon to see Greg running with the tight ends on a screen play, or running down the field blocking on running plays. I know a few times I was like, "Whoa" when I saw him running, and last week Greg jumped over a player on the ground at full speed like a deer. It's not something you generally see from a gigantic man (6'5 and 330 btw). At the combine, Greg ran a sub 5 second 40, and then put up 32 reps on bench press. Yo.
You guys remember the beginning of the year when Desmond Harrison and Chris Hubbard were just abused by bull-rushes? They'd get their azzes walked like a labradoodle in Manhattan whenever playing against physically dominant opponents. Greg Robinson isn't a perfect player, and has faults, but if you think you're going to drop the hammer on him and push him back to the QB, you're in for some unpleasant news. I went back and watched the Bengals game, but focused primarily on the LT position. The ONLY mistake he made was the first play of the game where he held a defender on Chubb's nice catch, but it wasn't called (somehow). If you don't have the entire game to watch, go back and watch the 10 minute condensed game on YouTube. Greg was phenomenal.
So what's the problem? For one, confidence. Greg didn't catch on quickly to the pro game, and while devastating as a run blocker at times, he was not able to hold his own on passing downs. I also think playing for Jeff Fisher's offense didn't do him any favors, and once his confidence was shot, he lost that edge that competitors need to excel. Greg often panicked and held the opponent, and once you get that reputation, the refs will be looking at you. Greg has great athletic ability, but struggles with lateral movements at times and some of the more elite pass rushers. Again, he's not perfect, but coaching can help. How?
Freddie Kitchens immediately knew that he had to protect his QB. Baker was getting KILLED too many games in a row. Kitchens installed his version of plays that relied on getting the ball out quickly, varied running plays, and maximized protection by using multiple TE sets. This takes so much pressure off the OL, and they aren't asked to block for 4-5 seconds anymore. We played bad defenses the past 3 games, I get it. But don't act like the Bengals don't have a very solid defensive line. Greg handled his business, and you know what else? Baker likes him. Greg's confidence is soaring, and I'm really rooting for him this weekend in the toughest test he'll face all year.
Don't be surprised if he's our starting LT for a while. We also have depth with Harrison, who could develop into a REAL stud once he gets stronger. Best part? We possibly solidified a VERY expensive position with an undrafted player and someone we picked up on waivers. How's THAT for efficiency?
Don't be surprised if he's our starting LT for a while. We also have depth with Harrison, who could develop into a REAL stud once he gets stronger. Best part? We possibly solidified a VERY expensive position with an undrafted player and someone we picked up on waivers. How's THAT for efficiency?
The future picture seems pretty clear once the QB of the future is in place. Protect & expand his weapons..Prepare to draft a Tackle early & late in this upcoming draft.There's some good ones coming out. Good Tackles don't hang out on FA boards..Watch Robinson on tape. He was getting killed on drop steps. Bob Wylie impressed me by making Robinson be the first guy to make contact on pass pro & don't let go. Holding only matters when ya get caught and seeing thru big body ga-lutes ain't easy. Baker & Freddie have done a great job designing plays to get ball out of Bake's hands..Am totally excited to see the first 10 mins. this Sunday..The flag beggars will come out..
Playcalling has helped, but chipping has done even more. If you take away the DE's speed rush, then Greg has a shot. Problem is you cannot do this every play.
Take the holding call on Greg that negated Callaway's long TD catch... pure speed move by Clowney... pure choke hold by Robinson.
Robinson is a functional OT. He'll make great depth at OT and OG for years to come, but in his 5th year in the Pros he's yet to display any of the technique you'd want to see in your starting LT.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login