The truth
-
To each their own, I suppose. I'm way past using my turntable for anything. I don't even have it hooked into my system anymore. I had an extensive collection of vinyl from the '70s and 80s that I gave away. (It happens when you get old, and haven't listened to any of it in years)
And should I add um sort of hard to produce true lossless 5.1 sound on a turntable. Impressive having those fireworks in Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Rings zooming over your head.
Well, now you're going from CD talk to purely DVD (or better yet, Blu) 5.1 Audio talk. And yes, you are correct with those points.
I was just getting technical with dynamic range.
It's all preference, really, at this point with 2.0 music listening. Personally, I don't keep records that have hiss and pops.
You gave away your vinyl!? Yikes! I hate to think what some lucky bastard got for free.
Well, now you're going from CD talk to purely DVD (or better yet, Blu) 5.1 Audio talk. And yes, you are correct with those points.
I was just getting technical with dynamic range.
It's all preference, really, at this point with 2.0 music listening. Personally, I don't keep records that have hiss and pops.
You gave away your vinyl!? Yikes! I hate to think what some lucky bastard got for free.
It was my former boss- he's in his early 40s. The collection was from Aerosmith, AC\DC to Zappa. + most MOR rock (Fleetwood Mac) and guys\ groups like Pink Floyd, Hendrix, SRV, and metal-Ozzie. Believe it or not- I really don't miss it. The stuff I really like- I went out and bought DVDs or Blu-Rays of their concerts. The equity line and car are paid off in April, so the Man Cave is getting upgraded from the plasma to a Samsung Q9 4k.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login