Skip to content

I don't get all the Baker hate

The Browns Board
51 26 2.1k 2
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Baker should just do his job and avoid the media hype.  Action speaks a hell of a lot louder than words.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #4

    I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #5

    They’ll only be able to keep up the charade for so long. Every QB, rookie or vet, has good games and bad games. The good QBs have more good games than bad. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #6

    Funny.  I'm not hearing the 'Baker hate'.    I guess I'm not looking in the right places.  

    ...and D Woody hated ALL of the Browns for being happy after they halted a 20+ game road losing streak.  As for Sharp saying Baker is mediocre, that's great!  Most rookies look pretty bad in their first year.

    I WILL say that I wasn't overly pleased in him mentioning receivers not running routes the right depth and not contesting for balls hard enough during his post game press conference.  I mean, what if a receiver tweets out, "I run routes  correctly"?  -  You've gotta have a filter when talking to the media.  Hopefully, someone in authority has a quick chat with him.  -  Obviously it's perfectly fine to talk to the receive(s) about it, but not with a microphone.  At practice, "Hey man, interceptions look bad on my stat sheet.  How come you ran so far before breaking?"   -  This is a problem that Tyrod Taylor doesn't have.  Taylor won't throw it until you make your break.  Baker will throw you open, but you can't leave him hanging by running the route two or three yards deeper.  

    Baker is young, our receivers are young,  It's still a work in progress.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Haters gonna hate , FCK em

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Yeah right. Go back and watch some of the throws he had yesterday. Not everyone can do that. Screw those idiots. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #9

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

  • Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mark-o said:

    Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @stillmotion said:

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

    Don't turn on ESPN unless they're showing a live sporting event or if SVP is on.   Otherwise don't watch.    Problem solved.  🙂

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And you know he’s a fucking rookie so he’s gonna look like a rookie sometimes like yesterday’s first half. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Most rookies throw 3 picks and fold. Baker did it with 397 yards passing

  • @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

    I hope they do hate baker Mayfield for a couple reasons one for the fact that he doesn’t take any shit from them 2. because he beat their ass and 3. because he can be a douche bag and then get some off their game so let them worry about Trying to fuck with him rather than worrying about their game. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #16

    He might be a jerk.  But he’s our jerk

    Reminds me of Albert Belle. Belle was an a-hole. And one if the biggest jerks of all-time. But he played for us. And he was great. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #17

    He’s entitled to his own opinion. Just like the media. He’s a stand up guy, it appears he never saw eye to eye with Hue and if you think about it... 

    Hue signing an ex divisional rival OC who has been an OC forever and then leaves Cleveland to go to another divisional rival. Who knows what else went on behind the scenes.

    ...We all know the “Baker you’re the back up” on Hard Knocks. Probably could’ve and should’ve been avoided.

    The media is entitled to their opinion as well, and at the end of the day... Mayfield can say whatever the F he wants

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #18

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I hope they all keep it up. Baker runs on hate fire. Just let them keep fanning the flames. 

  • @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

    That's why i made the thread dude. I didn't want to, but a Colin Baker video started autoplaying on youtube when I was working. I listened and got agitated, and had to speak out against it.

  • I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

    This exactly. Keep telling him he's no good please ?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #22

    This is why i wanted the browns to air at least a semblance of the dirty laundry baker "clearly" and explicitly alluded to when they asked him about the postgame with hue. 

     I agreed to an extent thst baker shouldnt have jumped in this, but the fact he did and the whole team looks diff now......speaks to his point about some shit going on "in house". I wish they'd let him talk about it so that the rest of the league would understand where he was coming from