Skip to content

Kosar - Filing for Bankruptcy...

The Browns Board
32 20 2.9k
  • Goes to show one guy can keep Anheuser-Busch afloat for only so long.

  • Recessions even effects Gods.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Recessions even effects Gods.

    We should take up a collection. theres no way he has enough beer now.

  • My cousin delivered a pizza to him when he lived in the Penthouse of the Pink Building in Rocky River. The pizza was like $16. Kosar gave him a $50.

  • My cousin delivered a pizza to him when he lived in the Penthouse of the Pink Building in Rocky River. The pizza was like $16. Kosar gave him a $50.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    My cousin delivered a pizza to him when he lived in the Penthouse of the Pink Building in Rocky River. The pizza was like $16. Kosar gave him a $50.

    So maybe he's not great at handling money.

    Bernie, I would love to be your personal finance manager... when you get some more money, call me.

  • Women can bankrupt you, physically, and mentally, I hope he keeps stake in the Gladiators, they were doing very well with him on board. The stoppage of the league probably has something to do with this, he had probably planned to rake in some cash from it this year.

  • @brownskidd said:

    http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=116257

    That's too bad - I hope things turn around for Bernie. ANYTHNG I ever read about him was he was WELL liked by teammates and coaches. Just think: TODAY or TOMORROW, this could be any one of us. We're all just a curveball or a changeup away from something like this.

    - Tom F.

  • Here's what I don't understand. . . why in the world would he owe the Cleveland Browns money??? I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

  • @brownskidd said:

    http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=116257

    That's too bad - I hope things turn around for Bernie. ANYTHNG I ever read about him was he was WELL liked by teammates and coaches. Just think: TODAY or TOMORROW, this could be any one of us. We're all just a curveball or a changeup away from something like this.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    That's too bad - I hope things turn around for Bernie. ANYTHNG I ever read about him was he was WELL liked by teammates and coaches. Just think: TODAY or TOMORROW, this could be any one of us. We're all just a curveball or a changeup away from something like this.

    - Tom F.

    True enough, but I would point to two things: first, it has been any one of us in recent years (well, not me, since I'm a grad student and lenders would be foolish to give me anything more than a quarter for a parking meter), and second, here's a selection from the story:

    >>Kosar's Chapter 11 filing Friday lists assets between $1 million and $10 million and liabilities of between $10 million and $50 million.

    Kosar owes almost $1.5 million to the Cleveland Browns, the team he quarterbacked from 1985 to 1993. Kosar also owes his ex-wife Babette $3 million and $725,000 to the owner of the Cleveland Gladiators team in the Arena Football League. He owes a bank more than $9 million for bad real estate deals.<<

    Alimony isn't cheap, but it's nothing compared to bad investments.

    Dennis

  • Here's what I don't understand. . . why in the world would he owe the Cleveland Browns money??? I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

    @fooleeze said:

    Here's what I don't understand. . . why in the world would he owe the Cleveland Browns money??? I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

    He probably took a loan from Lerner

  • Keep in mind that a "chapter 11" bankruptcy is a BUSINESS bankruptcy (restructuring) as opposed to "chapter 7" & "chapter 13" bankruptcies, which are personal. Bernie is a pretty smart guy & my bet is that he has protected assets out there.

    I'm sure there are Attornies on this board who could shed more light on this.

    Mike

  • @brownshirt said:

    Damn you lead the most interesting life I've ever heard of. You surpass Forest Gumpf. Your on ESPN, your mother did this, your brother did

    that, your aunt had a gazillion DUI's and did life for DUI manslaughter. Now your cousin blew BK! Man your AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

    Dud, I mean dude, if this shit ain't flashbacks, lay off the mushrooms.

    It's weird when I was young it seems I was always in the right place at the right time. Shit happened to me weekly. Here's another one I am particullary proud of.

    Many people know I used to live in England and am a citizen of England, Ireland, and the US. Anyways in 1992 I was the United Kingdom Sega Champion Runner Up. I lost in the finals in front of 80,000 drunks at Old Trafford in Manchester, England.

    What is funny about this story is before we went out at half time and played on the field we played in front of say 500 dignitaries in a back room (some English Prince xxxx was there, he was an asshole). So, I was playing the guy in soccer on the Genesis and I used Team England as my team. In the game at half time I subbed out a guy on the team named Bobby Charlton (dude is like Babe Ruth in England, scored a hat trick in 1960 World Cup). He was also the MC of the event and part owner of Sega in England. He puts the mic up to my face while I was playing and asked "why I subbed him out", I said "because your too slow". The whole room erupted in laughter because I just subbed out Babe Ruth.

    I tell my girl, that I can die a happy person tomorrow from some of the shit that already has happened to me.

    I have more stories is anyone is interested....

  • @flugel said:

    That's too bad - I hope things turn around for Bernie. ANYTHNG I ever read about him was he was WELL liked by teammates and coaches. Just think: TODAY or TOMORROW, this could be any one of us. We're all just a curveball or a changeup away from something like this.

    - Tom F.

    True enough, but I would point to two things: first, it has been any one of us in recent years (well, not me, since I'm a grad student and lenders would be foolish to give me anything more than a quarter for a parking meter), and second, here's a selection from the story:

    >>Kosar's Chapter 11 filing Friday lists assets between $1 million and $10 million and liabilities of between $10 million and $50 million.

    Kosar owes almost $1.5 million to the Cleveland Browns, the team he quarterbacked from 1985 to 1993. Kosar also owes his ex-wife Babette $3 million and $725,000 to the owner of the Cleveland Gladiators team in the Arena Football League. He owes a bank more than $9 million for bad real estate deals.<<

    Alimony isn't cheap, but it's nothing compared to bad investments.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    True enough, but I would point to two things: first, it has been any one of us in recent years (well, not me, since I'm a grad student and lenders would be foolish to give me anything more than a quarter for a parking meter), and second, here's a selection from the story:

    >>Kosar's Chapter 11 filing Friday lists assets between $1 million and $10 million and liabilities of between $10 million and $50 million.

    Kosar owes almost $1.5 million to the Cleveland Browns, the team he quarterbacked from 1985 to 1993. Kosar also owes his ex-wife Babette $3 million and $725,000 to the owner of the Cleveland Gladiators team in the Arena Football League. He owes a bank more than $9 million for bad real estate deals.<<

    Alimony isn't cheap, but it's nothing compared to bad investments.

    Dennis

    That's very true and an excellent analysis Dennis. Relating this toward the average Joe or Missy, I read where ALOT of foreclosures on homes stemmed from the unplanned and serious injuries or illnesses that exceeded health insurance coverages. I ALSO realize there's been alot of shadey mortgages but the insurance world can be just as brutal when there's some REALLY tricky underwriting going on that companies don't want to be UPFRONT about when they're selling their disability policies to various employers. It coats their proit margins at the end of each year.

    People gag at the sound of healthcare for all because they PREFER to think of it as Communism or Socialized Med. HOWEVER, capitalism in something that should be a RIGHT instead of a priviledge OPENS the gates to SCREWING people in need. BEFORE somebody wants to correct me about the GOVT intervening with healthcare - there's quite a FEW countries in this world that weren't as wealthy as the US ranking higher in their delivery of Healthcare in the eyes and criteria of the World Health Organization. It does NOT have to be the GOVT footing the entire bill or takigng the eniire LEAD but it sure would be nice if LEADERS worked together instead of against each other because 1 side of bipartisonship doesn't want the OTHER side getting more credit. NONE of them come from the hard working middle class either. Again, there's creative ways to get HMOs tagteaming with employers AND the govt as well as the individuals pursuing the healthcare coverage. That's 4 responsibles parties in the formula that should chip in to make the coverage doable and affordable not JUST the govt. If a sweat like me can open up for an idea - I'm guessing people that are better at financials and medicine can plan this out. It start s with an idea that requires COOPERATION and maturity from the leaders of this country.

    It CAN be done because it SHOULD be done. I'm so sick and disappointed of 1 side pointing a finger at the other and trying to deceive people into thinking that IMPROVING everyone's ability to get healthcare means the President wants us to be a Communist Country. The forefathers of THIS nation that picked up a gun and put their lives on the line didn't do that so just a small percentage of future Americans could enjoy the quality of life that coinscides with residing in America. "Liberty and justice for ALL" doesn't sound like percentages. If your wide has a cancer diagnosis and you're one of the guys from that plant in Ohio that loses COBRA benefits when it's time to battle to keep your life alive is THAT justice? And when COBRA ends, what health insurance will accept someone with a pre-existing condition like Cancer? When does ANYONE recall worrying about this type of thing growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s?

    - Tom F. (Time to change the mindset about Healthcare delivery or bear witness to some unthinkable atrocities that could visit ANY one of us)

  • @dencyguy said:

    True enough, but I would point to two things: first, it has been any one of us in recent years (well, not me, since I'm a grad student and lenders would be foolish to give me anything more than a quarter for a parking meter), and second, here's a selection from the story:

    >>Kosar's Chapter 11 filing Friday lists assets between $1 million and $10 million and liabilities of between $10 million and $50 million.

    Kosar owes almost $1.5 million to the Cleveland Browns, the team he quarterbacked from 1985 to 1993. Kosar also owes his ex-wife Babette $3 million and $725,000 to the owner of the Cleveland Gladiators team in the Arena Football League. He owes a bank more than $9 million for bad real estate deals.<<

    Alimony isn't cheap, but it's nothing compared to bad investments.

    Dennis

    That's very true and an excellent analysis Dennis. Relating this toward the average Joe or Missy, I read where ALOT of foreclosures on homes stemmed from the unplanned and serious injuries or illnesses that exceeded health insurance coverages. I ALSO realize there's been alot of shadey mortgages but the insurance world can be just as brutal when there's some REALLY tricky underwriting going on that companies don't want to be UPFRONT about when they're selling their disability policies to various employers. It coats their proit margins at the end of each year.

    People gag at the sound of healthcare for all because they PREFER to think of it as Communism or Socialized Med. HOWEVER, capitalism in something that should be a RIGHT instead of a priviledge OPENS the gates to SCREWING people in need. BEFORE somebody wants to correct me about the GOVT intervening with healthcare - there's quite a FEW countries in this world that weren't as wealthy as the US ranking higher in their delivery of Healthcare in the eyes and criteria of the World Health Organization. It does NOT have to be the GOVT footing the entire bill or takigng the eniire LEAD but it sure would be nice if LEADERS worked together instead of against each other because 1 side of bipartisonship doesn't want the OTHER side getting more credit. NONE of them come from the hard working middle class either. Again, there's creative ways to get HMOs tagteaming with employers AND the govt as well as the individuals pursuing the healthcare coverage. That's 4 responsibles parties in the formula that should chip in to make the coverage doable and affordable not JUST the govt. If a sweat like me can open up for an idea - I'm guessing people that are better at financials and medicine can plan this out. It start s with an idea that requires COOPERATION and maturity from the leaders of this country.

    It CAN be done because it SHOULD be done. I'm so sick and disappointed of 1 side pointing a finger at the other and trying to deceive people into thinking that IMPROVING everyone's ability to get healthcare means the President wants us to be a Communist Country. The forefathers of THIS nation that picked up a gun and put their lives on the line didn't do that so just a small percentage of future Americans could enjoy the quality of life that coinscides with residing in America. "Liberty and justice for ALL" doesn't sound like percentages. If your wide has a cancer diagnosis and you're one of the guys from that plant in Ohio that loses COBRA benefits when it's time to battle to keep your life alive is THAT justice? And when COBRA ends, what health insurance will accept someone with a pre-existing condition like Cancer? When does ANYONE recall worrying about this type of thing growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s?

    - Tom F. (Time to change the mindset about Healthcare delivery or bear witness to some unthinkable atrocities that could visit ANY one of us)

    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until it is free.

    @flugel said:

    That's very true and an excellent anlysis Dennis. Relating this toward the average Joe or Missy, I read where ALOT of foreclosures on homes stemmed from the unplanned and serious injuries or illnesses that exceeded health insurance coverages. I ALSO realize there's been alot of shadey mortgages but the insurance world can be just as brutal when there's some REALLY tricky underwriting going on that companies don't want to be UPFRONT about when they're selling their disability policies to various employers. It coats their proit margins at the end of each year.

    People gag at the sound of healthcare for all because they PREFER to think of it as Communism or Socialized Med. HOWEVER, capitalism in something that should be a RIGHT instead of a priviledge OPENS the gates to SCREWING people in need. BEFORE somebody wantsd to correct me about the GOVT intervening with healthcare - there's quite a FEW countries in this world that weren't as wealthy as the US rankign higher in their delivery of Healthcare in the eyes and crtieria of the World Health Organization. It does NOT have to be the GOVT footing the bill or takign the LEAD but it sure would be nice if LEADERS worked together instead of against each other because 1 side of bipartisonship doesb't want the OTHER side gettign more credit. Again, there's creative ways to get HMOs tagteaming with employers AND the govt as well as the individuals pursuing the healthcare coverage. That's 4 responsibles parties in tyeh formula that should chip in to make the coverage doable and affordable not JUST the govt. If a sweat like me can open up for an idea - I'm guessing people that are better at financials and medicine can plan this out. It start s with an idea that requires COOPERATION and maturity from the leaders of this country.

    It CAN be done because it SHOULD be done. I'm so sick and disappointed of 1 side pointing a finger at the other and trying to deceive people into thinking that IMPROVING everyone's ability to get healthcare means the President wants us to be a Communist Country. The forefathers of THIS nation that picked up a gun and put their lives on the line didn't do that so just a small percentage of future Americans could enjoy the quality of life that coinscides with residing in America. "Liberty and justice for ALL" doesn't sound like percentages. If your wide has a cancer diagnosis and you're one of the guys from that plant in Ohio that loses COBRA benefits when it's time to battle to keep your life alive is THAT justice? And when COBRA ends, what health insurance will accept someone with a pre-existing condition like Cancer? When does ANYONE recall worrying about this type of thing growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s?

    - Tom F. (Time to change the mindset about Healthcare delivery or bear witness to some unthinkable atrocities that could visit ANY one of us)

  • If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until it is free.

    @flugel said:

    That's very true and an excellent anlysis Dennis. Relating this toward the average Joe or Missy, I read where ALOT of foreclosures on homes stemmed from the unplanned and serious injuries or illnesses that exceeded health insurance coverages. I ALSO realize there's been alot of shadey mortgages but the insurance world can be just as brutal when there's some REALLY tricky underwriting going on that companies don't want to be UPFRONT about when they're selling their disability policies to various employers. It coats their proit margins at the end of each year.

    People gag at the sound of healthcare for all because they PREFER to think of it as Communism or Socialized Med. HOWEVER, capitalism in something that should be a RIGHT instead of a priviledge OPENS the gates to SCREWING people in need. BEFORE somebody wantsd to correct me about the GOVT intervening with healthcare - there's quite a FEW countries in this world that weren't as wealthy as the US rankign higher in their delivery of Healthcare in the eyes and crtieria of the World Health Organization. It does NOT have to be the GOVT footing the bill or takign the LEAD but it sure would be nice if LEADERS worked together instead of against each other because 1 side of bipartisonship doesb't want the OTHER side gettign more credit. Again, there's creative ways to get HMOs tagteaming with employers AND the govt as well as the individuals pursuing the healthcare coverage. That's 4 responsibles parties in tyeh formula that should chip in to make the coverage doable and affordable not JUST the govt. If a sweat like me can open up for an idea - I'm guessing people that are better at financials and medicine can plan this out. It start s with an idea that requires COOPERATION and maturity from the leaders of this country.

    It CAN be done because it SHOULD be done. I'm so sick and disappointed of 1 side pointing a finger at the other and trying to deceive people into thinking that IMPROVING everyone's ability to get healthcare means the President wants us to be a Communist Country. The forefathers of THIS nation that picked up a gun and put their lives on the line didn't do that so just a small percentage of future Americans could enjoy the quality of life that coinscides with residing in America. "Liberty and justice for ALL" doesn't sound like percentages. If your wide has a cancer diagnosis and you're one of the guys from that plant in Ohio that loses COBRA benefits when it's time to battle to keep your life alive is THAT justice? And when COBRA ends, what health insurance will accept someone with a pre-existing condition like Cancer? When does ANYONE recall worrying about this type of thing growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s?

    - Tom F. (Time to change the mindset about Healthcare delivery or bear witness to some unthinkable atrocities that could visit ANY one of us)

    @farang said:

    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until it is free.

    Did I say it would be FREE? That's what I'm talking about with tunnel vision. I said COMBINING HMOs with consumer with employer with GOVT for afforable healthcare for all. That's a 4 way split where GOVT helps the OLD way of HMO + consumer + employer. I NEVER said I would put a novice GOVT at running healthcare in 100% CHARGE of it's coverage mostly because I did not HAVE to. I said healthcare for all which just means affordable for all before a narrow view threw restrictions on this. I DO think somebody needs to at least prove there's a GROWING need to improve upon the wealthiest nation in the world ranking 38th behind 6 nations that have Health Care for all deliveries (according to the World Health Organization criteria in 2007). There's some UNIQUE systems to study that do it different ways. The more we see downsizing

    I'm not MAKING UP how many people have LOST homes due to unplanned lengthy hospitalization stays. I saw a show that listed healthcare coverage as the biggest reason besides shadey mortgage companies for the massive increase in foreclosures. You think one of the LEADING causes of foreclosures in this country isn't expensive? If so, I've got quick sand for sale in Florida. This bites us in the ass in more ways than you're willing to let yourself see. Sorry. Open your mind and reseacrh different National health plans and then count HOW MANY of them are Communist Nations. Let me know what you find.

    - Tom F.

  • @farang said:

    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until it is free.

    Did I say it would be FREE? That's what I'm talking about with tunnel vision. I said COMBINING HMOs with consumer with employer with GOVT for afforable healthcare for all. That's a 4 way split where GOVT helps the OLD way of HMO + consumer + employer. I NEVER said I would put a novice GOVT at running healthcare in 100% CHARGE of it's coverage mostly because I did not HAVE to. I said healthcare for all which just means affordable for all before a narrow view threw restrictions on this. I DO think somebody needs to at least prove there's a GROWING need to improve upon the wealthiest nation in the world ranking 38th behind 6 nations that have Health Care for all deliveries (according to the World Health Organization criteria in 2007). There's some UNIQUE systems to study that do it different ways. The more we see downsizing

    I'm not MAKING UP how many people have LOST homes due to unplanned lengthy hospitalization stays. I saw a show that listed healthcare coverage as the biggest reason besides shadey mortgage companies for the massive increase in foreclosures. You think one of the LEADING causes of foreclosures in this country isn't expensive? If so, I've got quick sand for sale in Florida. This bites us in the ass in more ways than you're willing to let yourself see. Sorry. Open your mind and reseacrh different National health plans and then count HOW MANY of them are Communist Nations. Let me know what you find.

    - Tom F.

    I'm just saying when you get the government involved in business it screws everything up. Government is already too involved in the healthcare business.

    But I thought this was a Cleveland Browns forum, why did you lead us down this tangent?

    @flugel said:

    Did I say it would be FREE? That's what I'm talking about with tunnel vision. I said COMBINING HMOs with consumer with employer with GOVT for afforable healthcare for all. That's a 4 way split where GOVT helps the OLD way of HMO + consumer + employer. I NEVER said I would put a novice GOVT at running healthcare in 100% CHARGE of it's coverage mostly because I did not HAVE to. I said healthcare for all which just means affordable for all before a narrow view threw restrictions on this. I DO think somebody needs to at least prove there's a GROWING need to improve upon the wealthiest nation in the world ranking 38th behind 6 nations that have Health Care for all deliveries (according to the World Health Organization criteria in 2007). There's some UNIQUE systems to study that do it different ways. The more we see downsizing

    I'm not MAKING UP how many people have LOST homes due to unplanned lengthy hospitalization stays. I saw a show that listed healthcare coverage as the biggest reason besides shadey mortgage companies for the massive increase in foreclosures. You think one of the LEADING causes of foreclosures in this country isn't expensive? If so, I've got quick sand for sale in Florida. This bites us in the ass in more ways than you're willing to let yourself see. Sorry. Open your mind and reseacrh different National health plans and then count HOW MANY of them are Communist Nations. Let me know what you find.

    - Tom F.

  • SoupDawg said:

    People lost homes because they wanted the damn loans and live outside of their means. That's the plain and simple truth. They wanted the money, they signed it, they got it. You can't blame anyone or anything else on that. that's just dumb liberalism sideshow at it's best.

    It was a REALESTATE show that did NOT have a political agenda so STOP with that nonsense. I'm not a liberal or a conservative - I'm just telling you what the show revealed about foreclosures and the TOP reasons FOUND via survey from people that lost homes. I'm guessing when the incidence of empty homes increases in volume - someone BETTER start finding answers WHY or we've got a financial epidemic spinning out of control on our hands.

    I SAID shadey mortgages was #1 and #2 wasn't convenient at all for you so you labelled ME for being the mailman for the show's conclusions. Are you going to be worthy of intelligent conversation or do I expect more shallow name calling in return from you?

    The POINT is anyone with little to NO healthcare at all can enter financial ruins EVEN if they are HARD working people if thewy have encountered the misfortunes of corporate buzzsaw and/or the untimely/unplanned diagnosis of a spourse or dependent. Nobody PLANS car accidents or cancer diagnoses but they happen daily. Nobody SEES corporate buzzsaws and downsizes BUT when they live on maintence drugs for heart/diabetes/etc - the reality that COBRA only last so long and future insurers PROTECT themselves from taking in consumers with pre-existing conditions. Are we ready to discuss or are we just deep enough for namecalling Soup?

    - Tom F. (MAYBE I'm getting the reminder I need as to why there is no reason to re-vist the political board. My bad!)

  • I'm just saying when you get the government involved in business it screws everything up. Government is already too involved in the healthcare business.

    But I thought this was a Cleveland Browns forum, why did you lead us down this tangent?

    @flugel said:

    Did I say it would be FREE? That's what I'm talking about with tunnel vision. I said COMBINING HMOs with consumer with employer with GOVT for afforable healthcare for all. That's a 4 way split where GOVT helps the OLD way of HMO + consumer + employer. I NEVER said I would put a novice GOVT at running healthcare in 100% CHARGE of it's coverage mostly because I did not HAVE to. I said healthcare for all which just means affordable for all before a narrow view threw restrictions on this. I DO think somebody needs to at least prove there's a GROWING need to improve upon the wealthiest nation in the world ranking 38th behind 6 nations that have Health Care for all deliveries (according to the World Health Organization criteria in 2007). There's some UNIQUE systems to study that do it different ways. The more we see downsizing

    I'm not MAKING UP how many people have LOST homes due to unplanned lengthy hospitalization stays. I saw a show that listed healthcare coverage as the biggest reason besides shadey mortgage companies for the massive increase in foreclosures. You think one of the LEADING causes of foreclosures in this country isn't expensive? If so, I've got quick sand for sale in Florida. This bites us in the ass in more ways than you're willing to let yourself see. Sorry. Open your mind and reseacrh different National health plans and then count HOW MANY of them are Communist Nations. Let me know what you find.

    - Tom F.

    @farang said:

    I'm just saying when you get the government involved in business it screws everything up. Government is already too involved in the healthcare business.

    But I thought this was a Cleveland Browns forum, why did you lead us down this tangent?

    I happened to like what Dennis added to the conversation because he pointed out what happens to Americans of all socioeconomic statuses. Their spending exceeds their income and in this case - he showed what Kosar owes. My comment before that was something to the effect of what happened to Bernie could happen to any of us TODAY or TOMORROW - we're all just a curve ball or changeup away from that in life. I think THIS conversation of bankruptcy is VERY relevant when I bridge Bernie to so MANY people that have encountered financial ruins, losing their homes along with the inability to maintain healthcare coverages for their families.

    Sorry about getting short with you Farang. I don't have a problem with you at all - I just get frustrated when people don't want to look a littler deeper than the book cover for something as vital as healthcare. There is some validity to what you say about HOW the GOVT has messed up things like SS & Medicare. That said, I just want to point there's some GREAT financial and health minds in this country that we could have researching this instead of staying content with "that won't work." If the NFL rewards innovative minds and creative leaders - why would ANYTHING else be so different? We're using an OLD idea and plans for SS and Medicare/Medicaid in the new millenium. It's outdated and requires new thinking and problem solving.

    If I'm just an average squid, saying we should look into the Govt contributing SOME to backing the employer paid health care insurances with the employees paying a portion like I pay. It's affordable. I SAY the GOVT's help meaning they can chip in 25% of the coverage needs, which considerably helps COUNTLESS employers who cannot afford to cover their employees at this time. It CAN be done. Am I overrating America in thinking we STILL can change and progress with the times? NO, but this might be a time America needs a kick in the fanny because we're reaching epic lows with foreclosures, uninsured while corporate chainsaws are producing national highs in unemployment rates. We either meet this head on or stick with the Ostrich pose until we hit the point of no return.

    - Tom F.

  • Well I think this is much ado about nothing really, Bernie probably has all kinds of different structures IE partnerships/llc's/inc/personal etc.... chapter 11 is giving Bernie much more flexibility than 13 and he is not filing a dissolution of all his debt in a chapter 7 which means his attorney's feels he can pull out of it.

    IF he was heavily vested with real estate than he got his arse kicked like everyone else and obviously credit to operate in the midst of a loss with all of his different ventures is probably impossible.

    Its not like he is getting kicked out of his house and he has zero money, pensions are usually protected so I am sure he is doing ok.

    Much ado about nothing, his team is probably taking advantage of lenient overloaded BK courts to get out of payments/interest and force better terms on the money he owes in different ventures.

  • I think Bernies problems go far deeper than what the average fan is led to believe...

    A lot of trash came out in the divorce proceedings and Bernie wasn't lilley white....

    Rumor has it that Bernie got in over his head with some addictive substances which led to his marital split...

    A few years ago he appeared pretty spacey while doing his game analysis during the pre-season games for the Browns...

    I know his father on a social and business basis and wish nothing but the best for the kid....

    I guess it just proves that no one is immune from the pitfalls of life....

    peace

    T.Dawg

  • @brownshirt said:

    Good morning BfP. I just got back from breakfast wth EM & GK, they wanted to ask my recomendations on any last minute FA pickups

    before the start of T camp. ( Yeah that's the ticket).

    I sincerely apologize for doubting your veracity. I am now totally convinced that everything you say has actually happened, the only

    question is where? Well off to lunch with Billary for some confabbing about how to deal with those pesky N Koreans & those rowdy Iranian

    rable! (Yeah that's the ticket).

    Got to run, the big "O" is on hold and we're trying to hash out a good time to meet. Sorry Bernie you truly are AMAZING! my mistake.

    "YEAH THAT"S THE TICKET" By the way your sitting on a best seller when you publish your memoirs!

    No need to hate Brownshirt. Does everybody have to be a Herb around here?

    And I'm down for more vignettes Kos-maybe pm. I'll ante up.

    On Topic: I'm sure Bernie's just fine and simply insulating himself as he welches on Lerner and his other obligations. Reaal nice for your legacy Bern Dawg.