Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Panthers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
126 35 3.9k 1
  • There are some important takeaways, in my opinion....................

    1) This team has a solid, workable talent base now. The real challenge for Dorsey and company now is to make good, educated choices about the few players who show signs of real contribution but who are holding the team back because of mistakes. Higgins and Peppers for instance. 

    2) I hate run-first QBs. I mentioned that you need to blitz these QBs because they cannot beat you running, and they can't beat you with their arm. Now, I am NOT saying a guy like Cam is not going to hurt you with his running and on occasion make a great play with his legs. That would be a stupid assumption. However, day-in and day-out the way to make a Tarkenton fall apart is to cause a bunch of his passes to be made under pressure.  You saw it today, at the end of the game Williams went after Newton, AND in true Tarkenton fashion, he threw garbage, lost the game and we intercepted. For this reason, I LOVE Greg Williams. Garrett is impressing, but forget another edge rusher, we don't need it. We need one of those - Brenston Buckner_ type Defensive tackles to fahk up the interior of the opposing OL. We get that and Williams will absolutely have us feating on opposing QBS.

    Takeaway - PLEASE HASLAM, DO NOT FAHK THIS UP....DO NOT DISRUPT THIS MOMENTUM. THIS....IS YOUR REBUILD. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. There is no candidate out there who is a better HC prospect than Greg Williams. These players play for the guy. WILLIAMS IS THE GUY.  Kichens? How do you not love this tricky, inventive, aggressive bastard?

    3) As smart as we are, reading our posts during the game shows just what emotional knuckleheads we are. Seriously, during this game we must have hired, fired, and rehired the entire team.

    Two weeks ago was a great win because we banged on all cylinders. I think this one is even better because we made a crap-load of mistakes and overcame them. Goal line stand, eat some clock before punting, and then an int? This was a win founded in persistence, character and some agressive...." UH UH...AZZHOLEs..............THIS IS OUR GAME.....GTFOOH   WE WIN.

    THings to fix, but a hell of a lot to hold on to. Great win.

    @ghoolie said:

    THings to fix, but a hell of a lot to hold on to. Great win.

    Yup.  Great win.

    One thing I like about Baker is, if a play breaks down and he has to get out of the pocket, he looks to pass, NOT to RUN.  And if there's nothing open underneath (that he can see) then he'll go for the Looong one.  What the heck?  Could be incomplete, could be intercepted (perhaps like a punt), but it could be complete and there could be a pass interference.

    I'm so proud of the way the team has responded after losing a HC and an OC.  It certainly looks like the team has jettisoned the anchors that were holding the team back.  Perception is reality, as they say.

  • Great game, loved being able to see the game in person.

  • The Bengals just lost to the Chargers, which means....

    THE BROWNS ARE NOT IN LAST PLACE! 

    I'm so happy for the few Browns players who have been on the team for somewhat of an extended run. They deserve to enjoy this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Bengals just lost to the Chargers, which means....

    THE BROWNS ARE NOT IN LAST PLACE! 

    I'm so happy for the few Browns players who have been on the team for somewhat of an extended run. They deserve to enjoy this. 

    That's because the Bengals have Hue Jackson helping them, the worst coach in NFL history.

    With Hue coaching, we very well could've lost this game. Thank god he's gone. It's a blessing. Thank you Haley for helping with the Hue firing.

  • Nothing like a dude getting taken down by the face mask and getting called for a mediocre hold instead. Obvious what they're looking for today.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Nothing like a dude getting taken down by the face mask and getting called for a mediocre hold instead. Obvious what they're looking for today.

    Oh and a couple phantom holding calls, and being at the game that PI looked like total BS.   

  • look at landry.....holding the damn ball with one hand in traffic.....I knew that was a crap signing

    @tacosman said:

    look at landry.....holding the damn ball with one hand in traffic.....I knew that was a crap signing

    And if you think that was a crap signing, you're full of crap. Jarvis = one of the primary reasons we won today. Hands of stone Coleman would have dropped that TD pass....   

  • Great game, loved being able to see the game in person.

    @runyon27 said:

    Great game, loved being able to see the game in person.

    You picked a great game to be at. Safe travels back south...  🙂  

  • Playing .600 ball since the coaching change...... or what Hue would call, impossible. 

    @d-bone said:

    Playing .600 ball since the coaching change...... or what Hue would call, impossible. 

    If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

    PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

    PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

  • Oh will this Dawgs ? Victory Monday be Sweet in Carolina! ? Enjoy! 

    @gumby73 said:

    Oh will this Dawgs ? Victory Monday be Sweet in Carolina! ? Enjoy! 

    Please c/p the links rather than the videos.. you've posted them for a while but they're not playable outside of youtube due to rights restrictions

  • Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

  • @tacosman said:

    look at landry.....holding the damn ball with one hand in traffic.....I knew that was a crap signing

    And if you think that was a crap signing, you're full of crap. Jarvis = one of the primary reasons we won today. Hands of stone Coleman would have dropped that TD pass....   

    @hoorta said:

    And if you think that was a crap signing, you're full of crap. Jarvis = one of the primary reasons we won today. Hands of stone Coleman would have dropped that TD pass....   

    Landry is top shelf. If we add a big sky WR, look out. He guy is impressive and he gives it everything, He was born to be a Brownie.

  • Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    @tour2ma said:

    Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

    @ghoolie said:

    They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

    I can't believe the season is almost done...  But yeah... Landry has proved his worth,,, a real keeper in my view... We need a physical game breaker type....

  • @ghoolie said:

    They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

    I can't believe the season is almost done...  But yeah... Landry has proved his worth,,, a real keeper in my view... We need a physical game breaker type....

    @nickers said:

    I can't believe the season is almost done...  But yeah... Landry has proved his worth,,, a real keeper in my view... We need a physical game breaker type....

    Time passes far too fast my brother.

  • @d-bone said:

    Playing .600 ball since the coaching change...... or what Hue would call, impossible. 

    If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

    PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

    PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

    @hoorta said:

    If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

    PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

    PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

    I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

  • @hoorta said:

    If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

    PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

    PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

    I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

    @ghoolie said:

    I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

    Paxton Lynch will be doing time behind bars.. Forget about that loser.. He ain't got nothing on Baker...

  • @ghoolie said:

    I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

    Paxton Lynch will be doing time behind bars.. Forget about that loser.. He ain't got nothing on Baker...

    @nickers said:

    Paxton Lynch will be doing time behind bars.. Forget about that loser.. He ain't got nothing on Baker...

    I think he’s making a joke dude 

  • Random Observations from yesterday:

    Did Duke Johnson look really slow? I noticed Hilliard took over third down duties later in the game.

    Luke Kuechly is the best MLB I have seen a long time, and one of the best football players I have seen all year.

    Myles Garrett is a lion.

    Avery is a big beast of a linebacker in the Pittsburgh/New England tradition of LBs .. Dorsey stole one under their noses.

    Mayfield is good at football.

    Zombo

  • The running game was not efficient against Carolina. Holes were not there for long. (Duke had a personal matter on his mind as well)

    Breshad Perriman cited the energy of this team as a reason why he can come out and just play football. Great story for a player who didn’t work out after being selected in the first round.

    Baker is THE MAN

  • Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    @tour2ma said:

    Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    I dunno. I guess l can only speak for me personally, but the sense of impending doom that seemed to be ever present at every Browns game for a long long time has dissipated for me.

    Sure, we lost to the Texans, but that was just a “we got beat by the better team” thing for me. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Very nice game by our Brownies.

    I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

    We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

    I dunno. I guess l can only speak for me personally, but the sense of impending doom that seemed to be ever present at every Browns game for a long long time has dissipated for me.

    Sure, we lost to the Texans, but that was just a “we got beat by the better team” thing for me. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I dunno. I guess l can only speak for me personally, but the sense of impending doom that seemed to be ever present at every Browns game for a long long time has dissipated for me.

    Sure, we lost to the Texans, but that was just a “we got beat by the better team” thing for me. 

    I get that big time. What about this week? I mean the butteeth seem to have our number. That place is a true black hole when it comes to the Browns winning. Sure would be nice to see that change. Hell, I’ll start believing in Santa Claus again⛄️??