Skip to content

I think Denver is In big trouble Saturday Night..

The Browns Board
30 18 659
  • As to the game itself I look for them to study the Houston game with us, so I hope we are too.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @texasag1969 said:

    As to the game itself I look for them to study the Houston game with us, so I hope we are too.

    I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

    So, put the blame on me.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    As to the game itself I look for them to study the Houston game with us, so I hope we are too.

    I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

    So, put the blame on me.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

    So, put the blame on me.

    I would have to review the tape to see what you did. LOL!?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

    So, put the blame on me.

    I would have to review the tape to see what you did. LOL!?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would have to review the tape to see what you did. LOL!?

    Like Elvis, I was probably trying to stare at boobs. (you did see him in that video, no?)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I would have to review the tape to see what you did. LOL!?

    Like Elvis, I was probably trying to stare at boobs. (you did see him in that video, no?)

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    Like Elvis, I was probably trying to stare at boobs. (you did see him in that video, no?)

    My vision was distracted ?(.)(.).

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    The way I see it, IF we win, it’ll be an all out war.  I don’t see either team really dominating, as Denver’s offense is pretty banged up, but their defense really gets after the QB and I could see us piling up the holding penalties and stalling out.  If we’re going to win, we’re going to do it on the ground.  If Nick Chubb can bust a couple of big runs, and he can consistently keep us in 3rd and short, we have a chance to move the ball and milk the clock.  One of the other keys for us will be to continue our remarkable red zone streak that has us going for 14 touchdowns in our last 14 trips to the red zone.  Let that sink in for a moment, and then think back to last year.  *shiver*

    We’re also without Denzel Ward again, and that’s a colossal blow.  Although I’m not as scared of Denver’s passing attack, Case Keenum has all the confidence in the world, and he will definitely try to squeeze the ball in there.  It would’ve been a perfect game for Denzel, but we won’t have him, so we’ll have to adjust.  Even though we won last week, the Panthers really should’ve converted on that goal line trip.  Cam missed two passes that NFL QB’s HAVE to make, and while coverage was decent, the receivers were still open.  It’s unlikely that Case misses opportunities like that, so we’ll have to tighten up. 

    All that being said, make no mistake that the Broncos’ offense starts and ends with their RB Lindsay.  Our rushing defense hasn’t been great for several weeks, and if we can’t stop him, we’ll be in for a LONG DAY.  We’ll have to figure out ways to stuff the run, get them in 3rd and long, and make Case uncomfortable all night long.  He’s pretty decent under pressure, and I remember watching him last year when he’d somehow throw a ball with 2 linemen in his face and he’d complete down the field.  He’s a risk taker, so Myles will definitely have opportunities to strip the ball, and I know he’s focused on doing just that. 

    Our offense really should shine if we limit the penalties and turnovers.  Denver can get to the QB, but if they don’t get home, they are not good in the secondary.  They’ve given up a bunch of passing TD’s, and they’re also not great against the run.  The weather is expected to be PERFECT, and this could be a game where we hand it to Chubb 30 times.  It’s imperative that we don’t get down early so we can continue to pound the rock.  If you have Chubb in fantasy, I’d start him for sure this week (duh).  We’ll have to keep throwing quick passes and take calculated deep shots with added protection, but since the Broncos’ secondary is so banged up, I see our receivers winning on their routes and getting open for Baker.  Don’t be shocked to see us punt once or twice early as we feel them out.  I don’t believe we’ll see the very early aggressiveness like we did last week.  But hey, what do I know?  Their secondary is weak and Freddie might decide to go for the jugular.  However, the vision in my head has us playing more ball control, draining the clock, running the ball, moving the rock with precision, short passes to neutralize that vaunted QB rush. 

    I’m old school, so I have a VERY difficult time picking the Browns to beat the Broncos, ESPECIALLY at Denver.  We just don’t ever seem to beat them, no matter WHAT year it is, LOL.  HOWEVER…it’s a new day in Cleveland, and what better way to prove it than vanquishing a historical rival, right?  I’m 3 for my last 3 picking Browns games, so I’m flying high, LOL.  I’m going with the Browns in this game, on national TV, in a rather ugly game.  We’re down 7 at half time, but we rally in the second half behind the arm of Baker, the hands of Jarvis, and the legs of Nick Chubb.  Myles Garrett finally gets another strip-sack, and it sets up the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. 

    Browns – 26

    Broncos - 24

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #21

     I just want to watch good complimentary football like in the Atlanta and Carolina games.

    27-20 Browns.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Browns 33...Broncos 31....this is a new team with a new attitude. They don't know...don't care... about the history in Denver.

  • yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

    If the 49er game is the only one you saw, you might not know the real Broncos' team.  This team has a habit of turning it on and off.  I can promise you they will be ready for us.  Baker will need some magic to win this one.  

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #24

    broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

  • broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #25

    @atom said:

    broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

    We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

    Injury report for both teams.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

  • @atom said:

    broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

    We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

    Injury report for both teams.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @texasag1969 said:

    We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

    Injury report for both teams.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

    I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

    Injury report for both teams.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

    I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @atom said:

    I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

    Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

  • @atom said:

    I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

    Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

    You are sure sucking on Miller’s schmekel a lot 

  • yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

    2 worries......stopping the run and von miller......can we ever stop the opposing team for smacking us in the mouth on the opening drive....just once  i'd like to see us defer the opening kickoff and stop the other team on a 3 and out....just once....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

    You are sure sucking on Miller’s schmekel a lot 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    You are sure sucking on Miller’s schmekel a lot 

    Superbowl MVP? Yes, he has a load of talent that must be accounted for. He terrorizes RTs. Ask Cam Newton how that works.