***Official Browns @ Broncos Game Night Thread***
-
Well the answer to that question is pretty obvious. But we were also explaining what a Sam linebacker was to you before so maybe it's not so obvious.
Yeah the obvious answer is that he sucked up to this point. No maybe it was not so obvious as to how and why he was deployed.
Yeah the obvious answer is that he sucked up to this point. No maybe it was not so obvious as to how and why he was deployed.
"The obvious" isn't your strong suit. I'll let this go.
-
Yeah the obvious answer is that he sucked up to this point. No maybe it was not so obvious as to how and why he was deployed.
"The obvious" isn't your strong suit. I'll let this go.
"The obvious" isn't your strong suit. I'll let this go.
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
-
Don't listen to those UM bashers. Credit where credit is due.Like Landry said- "the past don't matter". Peppers played the sort of game you'd expect out of a first round draft pick. LOL, he keeps it up, and I might even have to stop calling him Gerbil.
-
"The obvious" isn't your strong suit. I'll let this go.
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
That's just incorrect but that's ok.
-
"The obvious" isn't your strong suit. I'll let this go.
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
Its not often a player stands out "this" much on def....peppers has been foing his job and doing it well, which means he's often not on the screen at all as the ball isnt going at him. But u see it on replays
-
Peppers has been playing some VERY physical football the last 3 or 4 games.. He is finally coming into his own at the PERFECT time.. Just in time for a playoff run

..
-
What is obvious is that the this is the very first game that It can be said that he had any real impact on the game.
That's just incorrect but that's ok.
That's just incorrect but that's ok.
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
-
That's just incorrect but that's ok.
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
No. What you said is just factually incorrect. But it is a strain on you to say anything positive.
-
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
No. What you said is just factually incorrect. But it is a strain on you to say anything positive.
No. What you said is just factually incorrect. But it is a strain on you to say anything positive.
Name any game where he made a positive impact on that is discernible. Beyond this one that is
-
And dumb mother fuckers harassed him at CVS
It's the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Peppers, next....
-
That's just incorrect but that's ok.
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
It is OK but it is also very correct despite your shaded jaded view point of things. I wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a fan of whatever Michigan schmo we might have on the team
You wanna see Mrs. Nude Santa again Gip??
-
No. What you said is just factually incorrect. But it is a strain on you to say anything positive.
Name any game where he made a positive impact on that is discernible. Beyond this one that is
Name any game where he made a positive impact on that is discernible. Beyond this one that is
God damn you're a fucking idiot. It just pains you so much to say something positive haha.
Let's go with the Saints game where he was our highest graded defender.
We've done all of this before. I think the problem is you want "discernable" impact but you can't discern much...
-
You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that this board needed at least three different threads talking simultaneously about the same strong safety.
-
You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that this board needed at least three different threads talking simultaneously about the same strong safety.
You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that this board needed at least three different threads talking simultaneously about the same strong safety.
It was the will of the people
-
You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that this board needed at least three different threads talking simultaneously about the same strong safety.
It was the will of the people
It was the will of the people
If I was you I'd want to believe that too.
-
Random thoughts
Pregame on NFL network two of three talking heads picked the Browns
Post game - saw Baker w/o pads sitting next to Terrel Davis, Guess whose shoulders looked broader?
Post came, kinda funny that Baker was trading Jerseys with #30 from Denver....
-
Not so great:
- Like I said earlier, game plan for the opposing defenses was blueprinted by the Steelers and Chargers, we've seen it duplicated with the last couple defenses that have a pulse.
- Baker missed some things early, and that INT right before the half was him locking onto his #1 realizing he missed the open post the series before on a similar concept. Denver was ready and capitalized.
- Going along the lines of things Baker missed, he did take them (the pivot and underneath return routes we saw late half) when the defense was giving them. Those reads were there earlier but sometimes Mayfield really gets happy driving the ball downfield. 2 times in the last 3 weeks he has gotten a little trigger happy going that. Fortunately the Broncos offense is in no condition to make us pay for those mistakes like Houston did. IIRC that little scramble and trying to fit the ball in to Calloway could have been thrown shorter for near guaranteed yards. The smart and consistent little plays make a difference youngin'.
- Jamie Collins being targeted in coverage.
- Avery in coverage
- Coach Williams on the 4th down timeout and then the 4th down playcall.
- Coach Williams on the 4th &2 in the final drive and electing to NOT use a timeout to get his defense set.
- Williams attempting to blitz himself out of trouble on the final drive. BALLSY strategy, Cotton. But in the end it did pay off.
- Myles gets frustrated when he can't make too much of that 'sack' impact. Easy, youngblood. Remember that pressures and knock downs over the course of a game go a long way. When you jump offsides that tackle then doesn't expect you to keep up with the outside speed, so he isn't worried about locking down that corner as much. Negates your inside rip move. That is a two fold monster.
- The backside square/slant to Chubb. I mean, I get WHY... but at the same time it's an oddball call given that with the cushion some of the CB's were giving - that should have been Duke's role.
- Njoku being underthrown or not trusted to win his assignment. I'll elaborate on that latter part after I re-watch and confirm what I saw live.
- Flags. Flags everywhere, Jesus tap dancing Christ.
Things I liked:
- The defense making Lindsay the priority to the tune of 1.7ypc. The kid is warrior and great feel good story, but 180lb RB's don't shoulder the load for long. Especially on interior runs. We've beaten the team we should beat. Which is saying this young team is getting better. But superior offenses will still put us in a bind.
- Perriman. Kid has made some great strides since joining this organization and if he keeps this up can be retained as a quality contributor on the cheap.
- Pep Pep. Career day, kid. Showing some of the potential he has, provided he puts it all together mentally. The light isn't "on", but then again I don't ever believe that happens with anyone. The light simply grows brighter and that's the direction he is trending.
- Schobert flying around in man and tracking running backs is fun to watch.
- TFL and TFNG. We had quite a few tonight and some of them were big.
- The backend. Overall they played quite well despite missing arguably our best DB. Having Ward out there with Mitch, Pep, Calhoun and Carrie is a respectable secondary.
- Interior Oline. Another solid game for the most part. The holding on Chubbs big run from Robinson hurt but didn't cost us a dub. Hubbard did some ok work on Von when he was over on that side. But the Denver pass rush from Chubb and Miller is pretty impressive.
- Winning. I'm told this has happened before. Feels pretty great to be completely honest. Browns and playoff hunt isn't something I've heard much of in a long while.
- Baker checking protections and making some audibles at the line. For what I said at the top of this post, there are also signs of some growth that keep me from being too pessimistic. It starts by having a rookie QB with the right attitude. If anyone ever tells you that attitude doesn't mean something, point to Manziel for me. Right now Baker is playing like many here expected Johnny to be. Which in and of itself is bittersweet in a way.
Random thoughts:
- Man, I was really hoping Roby would be a quality NFL DB but he has been about average so far.
- Did anyone else know Phillip Lindsay was undrafted? The way they repeated it time and time again last night I could hear it in my fucking sleep.
- Vance McDonald might not be a good coach but with a QB like Keenum we may never know.
- That said, when it comes to GM's I like seeing make overpayment type mistakes, Horse Face Elway is at the top.
-
That pass rush obviously got home a few times, but overall our o line "won" the day agaibst the texans and broncos. Im not unimpressed by that given what was going on early in the season. May robinson should be thankful he has myles to practice against....
-
Leaving points off the board had to kill Baker at halftime. I saw a guy that kept his cool & let Freddie, Duke and Chubb get us to a lead at 11 mins. left.Perriman,Landry,Njoke,Callaway got there's too. We made "the drives" this time with under 8 mins. left..Than the whole 46 active balled out into a ball'in unit doing good stuff..Team Win..this was a awesome growing up win to the future. One man's opinion, but Those were properly mostly sooners fans filling up downtown Denver? maybe..but The Land deserves a full house next Sunday..I don't care if Haslam has to drop a dime to get public schools in those seats..His team deserves at least that much..Go Browns!!
Leaving points off the board had to kill Baker at halftime. I saw a guy that kept his cool & let Freddie, Duke and Chubb get us to a lead at 11 mins. left.Perriman,Landry,Njoke,Callaway got there's too. We made "the drives" this time with under 8 mins. left..Than the whole 46 active balled out into a ball'in unit doing good stuff..Team Win..this was a awesome growing up win to the future. One man's opinion, but Those were properly mostly sooners fans filling up downtown Denver? maybe..but The Land deserves a full house next Sunday..I don't care if Haslam has to drop a dime to get public schools in those seats..His team deserves at least that much..Go Browns!!
It's the 3rd time this year Baker forced a pass before half time that resulted in a pick. I'd REALLY like to see him LEARN from those mistakes and not go for the homerun there. This was the type of game where a FG could mean the difference between winning and losing. I absolutely love his aggressive approach to the game, but he really needs to understand game flow and situations. But hey, we freaking won and it feels amazing!
-
Name any game where he made a positive impact on that is discernible. Beyond this one that is
God damn you're a fucking idiot. It just pains you so much to say something positive haha.
Let's go with the Saints game where he was our highest graded defender.
We've done all of this before. I think the problem is you want "discernable" impact but you can't discern much...
God damn you're a fucking idiot. It just pains you so much to say something positive haha.
Let's go with the Saints game where he was our highest graded defender.
We've done all of this before. I think the problem is you want "discernable" impact but you can't discern much...
When are you going to become a fan of this team and not a fan of just one guy on it. I can discern plenty but I’ve never discerned him being more than below average maybe one or two games he’s done all right but this is the first time he’s done anything significant to contribute to a win
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login