Skip to content

Where will Flacco end up

The Browns Board
31 20 785 1
  • @londonbrown said:

    Not many seem to be high on this QB class and if they do take one they’re going to have to play him immediately. They’ll got the easier vet route with someone like Flacco 

    Jameis Winston will end up in Cincinnati 

    Curious....why do you think that?

    @the-gipper said:

    Curious....why do you think that?

    Nothing more than a hunch. I can just see Marv and his sidekick keeping their jobs so it’ll be the end of Dalton 

    There’ll be a change at either HC or QB. Or both. 

  • Jags

  • There are plenty of good Canadian teams looking for a QB.

  • Zombo said:

    Jags will be drafting fairly high, so they may take the top draft prospect.

    Maybe the Deadskins if Alex Smith cant return?

    Z

    But what about this:    it is/was presumed that the Jags are a ready to win now team....(until they collapsed this year).  With the talent they do have on that team (despite this year's performance), they still think they are a ready to win now team...IF they have a ready to win now QB.  That would dictate against taking a rookie and expecting that rookie to take them to the promised land.   So, maybe they get an Eli or a Flacco....and draft a QB for another year of so hence.

    Make sense?

    @the-gipper said:

    But what about this:    it is/was presumed that the Jags are a ready to win now team....(until they collapsed this year).  With the talent they do have on that team (despite this year's performance), they still think they are a ready to win now team...IF they have a ready to win now QB.  That would dictate against taking a rookie and expecting that rookie to take them to the promised land.   So, maybe they get an Eli or a Flacco....and draft a QB for another year of so hence.

    Make sense?

    Eli going anywhere makes no sense Gip. He'll retire first. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Nothing more than a hunch. I can just see Marv and his sidekick keeping their jobs so it’ll be the end of Dalton 

    There’ll be a change at either HC or QB. Or both. 

    I'll give you the SW Ohio take London. I'm just up the road, and have plenty of Bengal fans- including season ticket holders, to give me input. Should the Bengals lose out- and there's a good chance they will- the uproar from the Peanut Gallery will be too loud for Mike Brown to ignore. If that doesn't get Marvin fired, nothing will. 

    Dalton is a tougher call. He's already been paid his guaranteed money, so the Bengals can cut him- but the question is can they find anyone better? If Winston is on the market- Cinci won't be interested- guaranteed. More likely they'd look at Tyrod Taylor- and it's odds on the Browns are going to let TT walk. Flacco to Bengal Land? Har, if anyone remembers when El Cheapo Grande Mikey has brought in a big buck FA, refresh my memory- because I can't think of one. 

  • Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

  • Joe Flacco?  That guy sucks.

  • Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

    @sd_tom said:

    Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

  • @sd_tom said:

    Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    I don't think he'll be a starter for long either. I just don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB.

    Mike

  • @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    I don't think he'll be a starter for long either. I just don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I don't think he'll be a starter for long either. I just don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB.

    Mike

    Running for more yards than you pass for as a QB is bad for your longevity.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I don't think he'll be a starter for long either. I just don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB.

    Mike

    Running for more yards than you pass for as a QB is bad for your longevity.

    @mark-o said:

    Running for more yards than you pass for as a QB is bad for your longevity.

    "There are no old running quarterbacks in the NFL". LOL, he's a better runner than some running backs, certainly faster. At the Combine, some teams thought so little of his quarterbacking skills, they wanted him to do the wide receiver drills. 

    With Ozzie retiring, remains to be seen how well- or not the Ravens can draft. 

  • @sd_tom said:

    Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    I guess we'll find out. I doubt anybody cares if he becomes a pure pocket passer or not. 

    We'll see firsthand how easy he is to defend

  • @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    I guess we'll find out. I doubt anybody cares if he becomes a pure pocket passer or not. 

    We'll see firsthand how easy he is to defend

    @sd_tom said:

    I guess we'll find out. I doubt anybody cares if he becomes a pure pocket passer or not. 

    We'll see firsthand how easy he is to defend

    Did you ever see his throwing motion?.. He looks like a girl with a stiff wing...

  • @sd_tom said:

    Lamar Jackson is far better than most people seem to give him credit for.  

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    818 yards passing, 566 rushing. The definition of a running QB. You have to wonder how long he can keep it up until he winds up getting shelved like RG III.  

  • @nickers said:

    Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in 2 years.. Hes another run first Black Tarkenton... He'll get his ass killed.. Just watch.. His accuracy.. if you could call it that.. is putrid... He'll never be a quality pocket passer by any stretch.. Trust me when I tell ya.. Hes pure shit...

    818 yards passing, 566 rushing. The definition of a running QB. You have to wonder how long he can keep it up until he winds up getting shelved like RG III.  

    @hoorta said:

    818 yards passing, 566 rushing. The definition of a running QB. You have to wonder how long he can keep it up until he winds up getting shelved like RG III.  

    Eventually Defenses will stack 8 and 9 in the box.. And challenge him to win out of the pocket.. Therefore exposing his weaknesses.. He looks like another Vince Young to me.. No brains for the game...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Curious....why do you think that?

    Nothing more than a hunch. I can just see Marv and his sidekick keeping their jobs so it’ll be the end of Dalton 

    There’ll be a change at either HC or QB. Or both. 

    Who'd you rather face Sunday-week with a Browns playoff appearance on the line??? Flacco or Jackson?

    @londonbrown said:

    Nothing more than a hunch. I can just see Marv and his sidekick keeping their jobs so it’ll be the end of Dalton

    Interesting... if it came true Dalton just might be the most coveted FA QB of 2019. Nice fit in WSH or JAX...

  • Now that we're talking about Jackson, I thought that he is easily defendable if you put a spy on him. Not that I like ''wasting'' a player like that, but I'd say it would take half of the positive plays he makes. Good runner but not a good passer. 

    I think that we can trust Schobert to be that kind of guy that keeps an eye on the QB while not necessarily completely neglecting other duties. Or maybe Collins who I believe has a better closing speed than Schobert. Takes?

    EDIT: I don't want to completely disrupt the thread, so I'll add that I'd see Flaco in Jacksonville, but I believe they are in cap hell so I don't know which team will be up for the bidding... Maybe he becomes one of those QBs that get signed in August when a contending team losses his QB? 

  • If I'm going to "spy' Jackson, I'd use a DB... and I can't think of a better option than Peppers in a Hybrid, 5-DB set with Kindred stepping into the SS role.

  • Who'd you rather face Sunday-week with a Browns playoff appearance on the line??? Flacco or Jackson?

    @londonbrown said:

    Nothing more than a hunch. I can just see Marv and his sidekick keeping their jobs so it’ll be the end of Dalton

    Interesting... if it came true Dalton just might be the most coveted FA QB of 2019. Nice fit in WSH or JAX...

    @tour2ma said:

    Who'd you rather face Sunday-week with a Browns playoff appearance on the line??? Flacco or Jackson?

    Given that he is coming off injury and we have piles of tape and time on him - Flacco.  

    Ask me that question next year after Lamar starts (and takes a full beating) a season...?    I'll say Jackson.