"Raiders" may stay in Oakland?
-
I'd love it if Davis' team had to be called the Las Vegas Gamblers. You listening Ghoolie? Rattlesnakes or Scorpions would fit the Carpetbagger better.
But as to Using Levi Stadium (or some other NFL venue- the Colosseum is still going to be used by the Rams in 2019, Kroenke's pleasure palace won't be ready) it presents a near impossible logistics problem. It would be in use every week of NFL season, unless say the 49ers and Raiders had their bye the same week.
I'd love it if Davis' team had to be called the Las Vegas Gamblers. You listening Ghoolie? Rattlesnakes or Scorpions would fit the Carpetbagger better.
But as to Using Levi Stadium (or some other NFL venue- the Colosseum is still going to be used by the Rams in 2019, Kroenke's pleasure palace won't be ready) it presents a near impossible logistics problem. It would be in use every week of NFL season, unless say the 49ers and Raiders had their bye the same week.
Two teams can share the same field. The Jets and Giants have done it for years. The Coliseum problem is the Saturdays that USC plays and then there's an NFL game every Sunday. That field would be a shit show by November 1st.
-
I'd love it if Davis' team had to be called the Las Vegas Gamblers. You listening Ghoolie? Rattlesnakes or Scorpions would fit the Carpetbagger better.
But as to Using Levi Stadium (or some other NFL venue- the Colosseum is still going to be used by the Rams in 2019, Kroenke's pleasure palace won't be ready) it presents a near impossible logistics problem. It would be in use every week of NFL season, unless say the 49ers and Raiders had their bye the same week.
Two teams can share the same field. The Jets and Giants have done it for years. The Coliseum problem is the Saturdays that USC plays and then there's an NFL game every Sunday. That field would be a shit show by November 1st.
Two teams can share the same field. The Jets and Giants have done it for years. The Coliseum problem is the Saturdays that USC plays and then there's an NFL game every Sunday. That field would be a shit show by November 1st.
Yes, but that's artificial turf in New Jersey. All the California venues are natural grass, right?
-
Two teams can share the same field. The Jets and Giants have done it for years. The Coliseum problem is the Saturdays that USC plays and then there's an NFL game every Sunday. That field would be a shit show by November 1st.
Yes, but that's artificial turf in New Jersey. All the California venues are natural grass, right?
-
I've heard the San Diego option being discussed which would be hilarious when the Raiders play the Chargers next season and the Raiders are the home team in San Diego, not sure if it will really happen although I hope so for San Diego and I think it would give the fans some fun to stick it to the Chargers owners again.
The main issue with the UNLV stadium isn't just that its only 40k, is that it has no cover at all. It gets pretty toasty in Vegas in August and September and I don't see how they can schedule them for all night games. The NFL isn't going to want the responsiblity for players or fans dying because its 110 degrees outside for a September football game.
The Rose Bowl wants no part of the NFL playing in their stadium. It's a pain in the ass place to get to and its right in the middle of a ritzy neighborhood and they don't want or need it apparently. They seem good with their 5 or so UCLA games, a couple of concerts and the rose bowl each year.
I don't see how the Coliseum could handle the Raiders/Rams and USC all playing games there. Probably why the Chargers are playing in a soccer stadium to this point already.
Interesting thought on the auto racing venues but neither of those would work. The track in Fontana has a large enough infield area and grandstand but because of the shape and size of the track, the stands would be way too far away to see anything. Plus there's a shit ton of buildings in the infield of that track..not sure there's even enough room to have a field. The track in Sonoma is a road course so there's really no area to put it and the stands aren't all that big in each area. Bristol sort of worked because it's a small track with small infield area.
It will be interesting to see where they end up and what decisions are made for next season. Las Vegas Gamblers would be my choice.
I've heard the San Diego option being discussed which would be hilarious when the Raiders play the Chargers next season and the Raiders are the home team in San Diego, not sure if it will really happen although I hope so for San Diego and I think it would give the fans some fun to stick it to the Chargers owners again.
The main issue with the UNLV stadium isn't just that its only 40k, is that it has no cover at all. It gets pretty toasty in Vegas in August and September and I don't see how they can schedule them for all night games. The NFL isn't going to want the responsiblity for players or fans dying because its 110 degrees outside for a September football game.
The Rose Bowl wants no part of the NFL playing in their stadium. It's a pain in the ass place to get to and its right in the middle of a ritzy neighborhood and they don't want or need it apparently. They seem good with their 5 or so UCLA games, a couple of concerts and the rose bowl each year.
I don't see how the Coliseum could handle the Raiders/Rams and USC all playing games there. Probably why the Chargers are playing in a soccer stadium to this point already.
Interesting thought on the auto racing venues but neither of those would work. The track in Fontana has a large enough infield area and grandstand but because of the shape and size of the track, the stands would be way too far away to see anything. Plus there's a shit ton of buildings in the infield of that track..not sure there's even enough room to have a field. The track in Sonoma is a road course so there's really no area to put it and the stands aren't all that big in each area. Bristol sort of worked because it's a small track with small infield area.
It will be interesting to see where they end up and what decisions are made for next season. Las Vegas Gamblers would be my choice.
Like I said, I was simply coming up with any possible scenarios, no matter how far fetched. (What you are also saying, apparently, is that if they did play in Phoenix, it would have to be in that dome there, and not in the Sun Devil field)
-
I'd love for them to go to San Diego.
-
I'd love it if Davis' team had to be called the Las Vegas Gamblers. You listening Ghoolie? Rattlesnakes or Scorpions would fit the Carpetbagger better.
But as to Using Levi Stadium (or some other NFL venue- the Colosseum is still going to be used by the Rams in 2019, Kroenke's pleasure palace won't be ready) it presents a near impossible logistics problem. It would be in use every week of NFL season, unless say the 49ers and Raiders had their bye the same week.
I'd love it if Davis' team had to be called the Las Vegas Gamblers. You listening Ghoolie? Rattlesnakes or Scorpions would fit the Carpetbagger better.
But as to Using Levi Stadium (or some other NFL venue- the Colosseum is still going to be used by the Rams in 2019, Kroenke's pleasure palace won't be ready) it presents a near impossible logistics problem. It would be in use every week of NFL season, unless say the 49ers and Raiders had their bye the same week.
What is wrong with that? What purpose does Levi stadium serve except to host NFL games? They do it in New Jersey...and they are going to do it in LA.
-
The Coliseum definitely is natural grass because it always looks shitty for a Rams game the day after USC plays. Not sure about all the others.
Yes, again, the Coliseum was just one of those scatter gun options that I put up here, there was no talk in that article at all about anywhere in LA...it was just SA and SD.
I thought about them doing what the Chargers did...and playing in the local MLS stadium....but the one in San Jose has only an 18,000 capacity:
-
Or....maybe they can go play in Salt Lake City Utah. They have the Utah University stadium there that seats about 51,000. And Utah would be a natural location for a team in Las Vegas to try to attract from. I believe that is pretty much Bronco country now......but maybe the Raiders would want to usurp the loyalty of fans there. It is, after all, another major league market.
But....would the Raiders image appeal the the upright Mormons of Utah?
-
I've heard the San Diego option being discussed which would be hilarious when the Raiders play the Chargers next season and the Raiders are the home team in San Diego, not sure if it will really happen although I hope so for San Diego and I think it would give the fans some fun to stick it to the Chargers owners again.
The main issue with the UNLV stadium isn't just that its only 40k, is that it has no cover at all. It gets pretty toasty in Vegas in August and September and I don't see how they can schedule them for all night games. The NFL isn't going to want the responsiblity for players or fans dying because its 110 degrees outside for a September football game.
The Rose Bowl wants no part of the NFL playing in their stadium. It's a pain in the ass place to get to and its right in the middle of a ritzy neighborhood and they don't want or need it apparently. They seem good with their 5 or so UCLA games, a couple of concerts and the rose bowl each year.
I don't see how the Coliseum could handle the Raiders/Rams and USC all playing games there. Probably why the Chargers are playing in a soccer stadium to this point already.
Interesting thought on the auto racing venues but neither of those would work. The track in Fontana has a large enough infield area and grandstand but because of the shape and size of the track, the stands would be way too far away to see anything. Plus there's a shit ton of buildings in the infield of that track..not sure there's even enough room to have a field. The track in Sonoma is a road course so there's really no area to put it and the stands aren't all that big in each area. Bristol sort of worked because it's a small track with small infield area.
It will be interesting to see where they end up and what decisions are made for next season. Las Vegas Gamblers would be my choice.
Like I said, I was simply coming up with any possible scenarios, no matter how far fetched. (What you are also saying, apparently, is that if they did play in Phoenix, it would have to be in that dome there, and not in the Sun Devil field)
Like I said, I was simply coming up with any possible scenarios, no matter how far fetched. (What you are also saying, apparently, is that if they did play in Phoenix, it would have to be in that dome there, and not in the Sun Devil field)
I think a college and pro team can share. Chargers and SDSU did it for years. I just don't see how it works with 2 NFL teams and a college team also playing there unless it was one of those new fancy grass/turf fields that wouldn't get all torn to shit with that much usage on it.
I know you were throwing out all the ideas....I was just shooting down some of the most far fetched of your far fetched ideas.
-
Here is this map, produced in 2014....there may have been some changes since:

-
Updated some I believe:

Actually, here is a link to the full map:
https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/where-do-nfl-fans-live-mapping-football-fandom-across-the-u-s/
-
A couple of notes from the updated map (the link) :
A. Browns have taken back much of eastern Ohio.
B. Steelers have lost what foothold they had in South Carolina to the Panthers.
C. Texans have encroached on Cowboy territory in south and central Texas.
D. Rams have taken over Southern California.
E. Raiders have come back in parts of No Cal and Northern Nevada
F. The Broncos have already lost about half of Utah....to 49ers some, Seahawks, Cardinals. (so, as I said above...it is ripe to be picked)
G. Steelers have lost ground in Eastern KY and Western WVa....to the Bengals.
H. It looks like the Jets have taken over as the most popular team in the New York Metro area, over the Giants!
-
Like I said, I was simply coming up with any possible scenarios, no matter how far fetched. (What you are also saying, apparently, is that if they did play in Phoenix, it would have to be in that dome there, and not in the Sun Devil field)
I think a college and pro team can share. Chargers and SDSU did it for years. I just don't see how it works with 2 NFL teams and a college team also playing there unless it was one of those new fancy grass/turf fields that wouldn't get all torn to shit with that much usage on it.
I know you were throwing out all the ideas....I was just shooting down some of the most far fetched of your far fetched ideas.
I think a college and pro team can share. Chargers and SDSU did it for years. I just don't see how it works with 2 NFL teams and a college team also playing there unless it was one of those new fancy grass/turf fields that wouldn't get all torn to shit with that much usage on it.
I know you were throwing out all the ideas....I was just shooting down some of the most far fetched of your far fetched ideas.
That's OK. Some shotgun pellets miss, some hit the groin.....other get you in the teeth

-
I think a college and pro team can share. Chargers and SDSU did it for years. I just don't see how it works with 2 NFL teams and a college team also playing there unless it was one of those new fancy grass/turf fields that wouldn't get all torn to shit with that much usage on it.
I know you were throwing out all the ideas....I was just shooting down some of the most far fetched of your far fetched ideas.
That's OK. Some shotgun pellets miss, some hit the groin.....other get you in the teeth

That's OK. Some shotgun pellets miss, some hit the groin.....other get you in the teeth

Thankfully I'm quick and agile enough to dodge the bullets.
-
What a mess from start to finish this has been. Kroenke seems to blame for most of it.
Baffling the Raiders arent just now in LA and the Chargers were staying in SD until Vegas was ready.
-
Id be ok with them keeping the raiders name. As muvh as i cant stand raiders fans, they earned it to keep thst name there. Its also not a bad idea to start fresh in Vegas for that team.
-
Seems that the raiders, name and all have moved before. I wonder if that comes into play? Looks like they really thought this move through. Maybe their new name should just be The Idiots?
-
That's OK. Some shotgun pellets miss, some hit the groin.....other get you in the teeth

Thankfully I'm quick and agile enough to dodge the bullets.
-
You need some edumacation on pellets from shotguns vs bullets. Bullets are far easier to dodge individually than a shogun that spreads pellets in widening patterns.?
Whatever...
-
I'd laugh my dago ass off if the Davis family lost the Raiders name, logo, colors.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login