Skip to content

"Raiders" may stay in Oakland?

The Browns Board
53 13 1.8k 1
  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Las Vegas Mirages

    Las Vegas Sands

    Las Vegas Fremont Streeters

    Las Vegas Open Containers

    That's all folks...my creativity isn't real good lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    By my title, I do NOT mean that the team we know as the Oakland Raiders, owned by Mark Davis, coached for the next 9 years by Jon Gruden, would be staying in Oakland....BUT....the City of Oakland has filed a lawsuit against the Raiders, asking for damages for a variety of reasons.  

    And....one of the remedies that the city apparently is asking?    That the Raiders franchise REMAIN in Oakland....with his history, records, colors, etc. etc. etc. remaining there as well.   In other words...they are asking, apparently, for a Cleveland Browns type solution to their suit.

    One big difference of course is that, unlike the Browns, who had a specific performance lease that required the Browns to play in Cleveland Muni. Stad. for another 3 years, there is no such lease on the Raiders.   But that may not mean that the Raiders may not be liable for other damages of sorts.  

    So, let's ask this first question.....What would you think if the Raiders franchise ended up staying in Oakland....and not moving to Vegas (it could be an indefinite suspended franchise)......and the NFL creating  a NEW franchise to play in Las Vegas, to be owned by the Davis family? 

    Alternately....these Raiders have vowed to not play in Oakland in 2019 ...because of this lawsuit.

    So....be it this "Raiders" franchise....or some new  Las Vegas franchise.....they must have a place to play in 2019.    It will NOT be in Las Vegas.  They do not really have a facility.  The only stadium there is UNLV's 40,000 seat stadium, but apparently Davis does not want to "half ass" his arrival in Vegas. He wants to go there only when the new, fancy stadium is completed....so that he can arrive as if he were Julius Caesar coming back to Rome after triumph over the Gauls.  

    Where else is possible?  The article which I will link hereafter talks about a number of possible sites since the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum will no longer be an option.

    I.  Bay area options: 

    A. Preferred by NFL maybe is Levi Stadium...home of the 49ers.  But, apparently the 49ers want nothing to do with them, and Davis wants nothing to do with that stadium.

    B. San Jose State stadium?  Has same issues as  UNLV stadium

    C. AT&T park...baseball stadium in downtown San Fran?   Giants don't want them there to muck up their field.

    D. Either the Cal Bears Stadium or the Stanford Cardinal Stadium?  No real joy being given over these options by any side.

    II.  Non Bay area options:

    A. Play in the (abandoned by the Chargers)  fka Jack Murphy/Qualcomm...wtfever Stadium....still being used by San Diego State (Holiday Bowl)

    B. Play in the LA Coliseum....where they played for some years while in LA.   (per MarkO...they would still be the most popular team in that town).  Or they could play in the Rose Bowl?

    C. Play in San Antonio Alamodome.   Apparently Davis wants no part of that....because its field is old artificial turf, which he hates.

    D. Play in Phoenix area....either in Glendale in the Dome there where the Cardinals play....or in Sun Devil Stadium, home of ASU.

    E. Derek  Carr says he wants the team to play in Fresno at the Fresno State stadium where he went to college, capacity of about 41,000.

    F. I thought about Sacremento...but the biggest stadium there is a 26,000 college stadium......about what the Chargers are playing in now though.

    G. There are some decent sized Auto Racing Venues....which has been done before for college games...specifically Bristol International Speedway in Tenn. There is one in Fontana CA and in Sonoma,  both not far from the Bay area.

    But....no matter where they play for now.....what would their new name  be if in fact the "Raiders" franchise were to stay located in Oakland?

    The Las Vegas_________________________?

    http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/22263/where-will-the-raiders-play-in-2019-and-why-isnt-anyone-freaking-out

    Who gives a shit?

    I mean, it will be my new hometown team. I would like to see a new name, Vegas - Whales,  High Rollers, etc,, but really, who gives a shit?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @ghoolie said:

    Who gives a shit?

    I mean, it will be my new hometown team. I would like to see a new name, Vegas - Whales,  High Rollers, etc,, but really, who gives a shit?

    They are a natural for Vegas Vaginas they way they lay down for everybody right now.?‍♀️

  • Las Vegas Mirages

    Las Vegas Sands

    Las Vegas Fremont Streeters

    Las Vegas Open Containers

    That's all folks...my creativity isn't real good lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @bob806 said:

    Las Vegas Mirages

    Las Vegas Sands

    Las Vegas Fremont Streeters

    Las Vegas Open Containers

    That's all folks...my creativity isn't real good lol

    Las Vegas Losers.......because they didn't build all those beautiful buildings from letting people win.

  • @bob806 said:

    Las Vegas Mirages

    Las Vegas Sands

    Las Vegas Fremont Streeters

    Las Vegas Open Containers

    That's all folks...my creativity isn't real good lol

    Las Vegas Losers.......because they didn't build all those beautiful buildings from letting people win.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by Ghoolie
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    Las Vegas Losers.......because they didn't build all those beautiful buildings from letting people win.

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

  • @ghoolie said:

    Who gives a shit?

    I mean, it will be my new hometown team. I would like to see a new name, Vegas - Whales,  High Rollers, etc,, but really, who gives a shit?

    Apparently the city of Oakland gives a shit. And the Raiders apparently give a shit because they have Declared they will not play in Oakland again

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently the city of Oakland gives a shit. And the Raiders apparently give a shit because they have Declared they will not play in Oakland again

    Yeah the city of Oakland gives a shit. But outsode that....who gives a shit?

  • broganreynikB broganreynik wrote on last edited by broganreynik
    #32

    So are they proposing a new team, or just retaining the rights to the franchise name? I wonder if a move from Jacksonville would appease them.

    But then who the fuck would Goodell ship to London? I guess they could add a new team in both places, but that messes with the current division set-up. I guess if the NFL is okay with going away from the four teams per division, they can figure out the logistics.

    Hell, one of the mayoral candidates here in Omaha is pushing hard for an NFL team. There’s no fucking way that happens. The TD Ameritrade Park where they host the College World Series has a max capacity of 35,000. There’s nowhere left for them to build unless they want to go out of downtown into one of the surrounding cities, like the AAA Royals team does. I can’t imagine the city would be willing to give up that commerce.

    That leaves the ghetto. Considering the gang wars that have tons of shootings every night (when it’s above freezing. Gangbangers can’t handle the cold, apparently), I can’t imagine that going well.

    Not to mention Omaha isn’t exactly a lucrative market. 

    I guess this all amounts to me saying jack shit just to see my thoughts written out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Las Vegas Losers.......because they didn't build all those beautiful buildings from letting people win.

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @ghoolie said:

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    After how many hundreds of pulls

  • @the-gipper said:

    Apparently the city of Oakland gives a shit. And the Raiders apparently give a shit because they have Declared they will not play in Oakland again

    Yeah the city of Oakland gives a shit. But outsode that....who gives a shit?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @ghoolie said:

    Yeah the city of Oakland gives a shit. But outsode that....who gives a shit?

    The Davis family I’m sure. They will fight tooth and nail to keep the raider name. 

  • So are they proposing a new team, or just retaining the rights to the franchise name? I wonder if a move from Jacksonville would appease them.

    But then who the fuck would Goodell ship to London? I guess they could add a new team in both places, but that messes with the current division set-up. I guess if the NFL is okay with going away from the four teams per division, they can figure out the logistics.

    Hell, one of the mayoral candidates here in Omaha is pushing hard for an NFL team. There’s no fucking way that happens. The TD Ameritrade Park where they host the College World Series has a max capacity of 35,000. There’s nowhere left for them to build unless they want to go out of downtown into one of the surrounding cities, like the AAA Royals team does. I can’t imagine the city would be willing to give up that commerce.

    That leaves the ghetto. Considering the gang wars that have tons of shootings every night (when it’s above freezing. Gangbangers can’t handle the cold, apparently), I can’t imagine that going well.

    Not to mention Omaha isn’t exactly a lucrative market. 

    I guess this all amounts to me saying jack shit just to see my thoughts written out.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @broganreynik said:

    So are they proposing a new team, or just retaining the rights to the franchise name? I wonder if a move from Jacksonville would appease them.

    But then who the fuck would Goodell ship to London? I guess they could add a new team in both places, but that messes with the current division set-up. I guess if the NFL is okay with going away from the four teams per division, they can figure out the logistics.

    Hell, one of the mayoral candidates here in Omaha is pushing hard for an NFL team. There’s no fucking way that happens. The TD Ameritrade Park where they host the College World Series has a max capacity of 35,000. There’s nowhere left for them to build unless they want to go out of downtown into one of the surrounding cities, like the AAA Royals team does. I can’t imagine the city would be willing to give up that commerce.

    That leaves the ghetto. Considering the gang wars that have tons of shootings every night (when it’s above freezing. Gangbangers can’t handle the cold, apparently), I can’t imagine that going well.

    Not to mention Omaha isn’t exactly a lucrative market. 

    I guess this all amounts to me saying jack shit just to see my thoughts written out.

    Way too small of a market now. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    After how many hundreds of pulls

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @the-gipper said:

    After how many hundreds of pulls

    Reminds me of a time I was walking across one of the casinos 20 or so years ago in Vegas and this woman was screaming, "I won, I won, I won, I won" jumping up and down in front of a 1$ machine. I saw she had hit the jackpot for $1000 so I asked her how long it took. Her answer was several hours. So I said that it must have taken a lot of coins to finally win and she told me she had lost about $1600 and then started yelling "I won, etc" again. Doing the math I figured she was actually a $600 loser. But she won. LOL! Vegas was built by the 1$ machines and now it profits big time by the $5 machines. You're better off using you brain and counting cards as you play perfect blackjack.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Las Vegas Losers.......because they didn't build all those beautiful buildings from letting people win.

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @ghoolie said:

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    Is that a $25 machine I see? Not 25 cents. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Suicide capital of the usa.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #39

    The LV Sharks!

  • @ghoolie said:

    Yeah the city of Oakland gives a shit. But outsode that....who gives a shit?

    The Davis family I’m sure. They will fight tooth and nail to keep the raider name. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @the-gipper said:

    The Davis family I’m sure. They will fight tooth and nail to keep the raider name. 

    I never thought the "Raiders" was all that cool.. Marauders would sound cool!

  • @the-gipper said:

    After how many hundreds of pulls

    Reminds me of a time I was walking across one of the casinos 20 or so years ago in Vegas and this woman was screaming, "I won, I won, I won, I won" jumping up and down in front of a 1$ machine. I saw she had hit the jackpot for $1000 so I asked her how long it took. Her answer was several hours. So I said that it must have taken a lot of coins to finally win and she told me she had lost about $1600 and then started yelling "I won, etc" again. Doing the math I figured she was actually a $600 loser. But she won. LOL! Vegas was built by the 1$ machines and now it profits big time by the $5 machines. You're better off using you brain and counting cards as you play perfect blackjack.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @texasag1969 said:

    Reminds me of a time I was walking across one of the casinos 20 or so years ago in Vegas and this woman was screaming, "I won, I won, I won, I won" jumping up and down in front of a 1$ machine. I saw she had hit the jackpot for $1000 so I asked her how long it took. Her answer was several hours. So I said that it must have taken a lot of coins to finally win and she told me she had lost about $1600 and then started yelling "I won, etc" again. Doing the math I figured she was actually a $600 loser. But she won. LOL! Vegas was built by the 1$ machines and now it profits big time by the $5 machines. You're better off using you brain and counting cards as you play perfect blackjack.

    JImmy Kimmel grew up in Vegas, and in an interview he was asked if he liked going to the casinos because he grew up there. He told the interviewer that he and his brother were brought to a casino by their uncle when they were teenagers. "See this place? See these big pillars, these marble floors? This is a beautiful building, isn't it?" Jimmy and his brother nodded enthusiastically. 

    "These places aren't this nice because people win." 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    The Las Vegas Strip-pers

  • @ghoolie said:

    I beg to differ. Here are a few from our recent trips

    Resized_20181030_170847.jpg

    After how many hundreds of pulls

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    <<After how many hundreds of pulls<< Gip....these jackpots, my wife's, came from our last two Vegas trips, Not shown are the countless NON- HAND PAYS that you garner along the way. ANything less than 1,200, you don't have to pay tax on. 1,200 or more, it is a hand pay and the slot host comes to get your signature, and allows you to withold tax at that point, which she, and I both do. 

    Your question about HOW MANY PULLS..............seems to have the attitude of...yeah you won $6,750....but you probably put $15,000 in. So let me give you the realistic answer.  As you know, I am a Christian. I believe in the parable that the Lord loves a cheerful giver, and blesses those who give. My wife is a voluminous giver. Bicycles, coats, pajams to poor kids at Christmas, camp tuition for many in the summer. She is the President of several boards and gives tens of thousands to saving dogs. She tips ridiculously, and lives to make people feel good.

    With that said, Vegas/Casinos with her, is nothing like you, or I, or really, anyone else has likely seen. 2 years ago at the Beau Rivage, as got is my judge, she hit 27 hand pays on one day, a Sunday. Herjackpots were 80,000, 25,00 twive, 20,000, 12, 500, 10,000 twice and a ton of 1,500, 2000, and 4,000.  She won well over $200,000 of hand pay jackpots that day. She took $105,000 MORE than she brought with her. How many pulls? Don't know, BUT............she pulled a value of $817,000 worth of spins. SO YES, absolutely, you have to spin a hell of a lot, and be willing to sometimes got 5 K even 10 K deep before you hit even a small hand pay.

    The Jackpots below represent a culmination of 2 different days in vegas, and a short cruise ship casino excursion of and hour, in which she hit 6 smaller hand pays of 2,000 or less, and the 10K triple gold sevens. We came home from our Alaska Cruise with $13,000 more than we brought, PLUS, we purchased two Breitling watches.

    The jackpots shown total $65,2000 from 2 Vegas trips, and again show NEITHER the many 500 - 1100 non-hand pay hits along the way. Nonetheless, on those trips, in addition to building a LOT of Tier Credts, he spun over a $million in spins, and on those 2 trips came home with about $33,000 more than we arrived with.

    Now, I will tell you, all the doubts and caveats you cast on Vegas gambling? Brother, I am living proof of it. I play small, and i wins shit. $800 is the most I ever hit for, and while I will go maybe $1,000 in over a 4 day Vegas trip, I have never hit a single hand pay. Cathy? She sits in the Hi ROller area, nobody is winning shit....and her machines pop off like crazy. 

    There is a 25,000 jackpot here that she took after 5 minutes sitting down at The Wynn. But what I didn't post was the 9,000 that she hit just 3 minutes BEFORE this one. While she was waiting for her 9 K, she decided to play the machine next to it, and book... 25K. Not. She took 80$ of that money home.

    We have 7 star status at Caesars and Noir at MGM. Thye fly us, send limos, feed us, give her tons of free play, sauna, shows, and honestly, for me being a simple dickhead, the attention is over the top ridiculous. Dude, the Wynn gave us a villa with a swimming pool INSIDE the room. Absolutely nuts. But, it is what it is.

    I can tell you this, IF you play $1 machines or less. you might as well wipe youe butt with your money. Downtown or Strip? Dollar machines rate equal b oth places. pennies, nickels, quarters and 50 cent macines play better downtown. $5 and up? You have to play the strip, and you have to play the top casinos.....Forget Paris, Harras, Ballys, Cromwell, NY NY, MGM, and most ofhters. Bellagio, Manday Bay, Caesars, Cosmo and Aria. I hve a file of oer 400 of my wifes hand pay jackpots. What a ride life is with her.

    26

    1776928990_20180309_154828(1).thumb.jpg.50954105d9026f8fb80e4552322ebb6b.jpgd20141227_182130.jpg.337512ad8373229557cc552cfe2473e3.jpg20140628_234529.jpg.15c345d4e0cfa871f4929211b371bb2f.jpg1261722604_20180217_193142(1).thumb.jpg.8151d03a8dc5585ccd0f6eb9b47154dc.jpg1_2K.thumb.jpg.bc2e2c2f75728b468658c471ccfd7a83.jpg1_2K.thumb.jpg.bc2e2c2f75728b468658c471ccfd7a83.jpg1_2K.thumb.jpg.bc2e2c2f75728b468658c471ccfd7a83.jpg

    4K.jpg

    8K.jpg

    10K Number 2.jpg

    25K.jpg

    6750.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Crazy I could never handle that sort of thing

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #45

    The Las Vegas Hookers

  • Crazy I could never handle that sort of thing

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    Crazy I could never handle that sort of thing

    Handles are a thing of the past.?