Skip to content

Would You Shut Down Denzel Ward or Baker Mayfield?

The Browns Board
104 34 3.2k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    The only one I could find here is the Carol Shelton OV Zin Wild Thing.

    However at that abhorrent Xmas party I got drug to and felt a need to get drugged at, they had a great drug to try that turned out to be quite good. It was a bottle of 2014  7 Deadly Zins. 

    I had a couple of deep wide-bodied glasses that I could keep breathing in and liked it so much I went home and looked it up. Unbelievably it not only got a 91 rating from Wine Enthusiast, but only costs $10.99 + tax locally. However the store I go to has a 10% discount to all veterans if you pay cash. Dropping by there today because I know my son-in-law loves Zins better than any other red wine and I want to serve it for him (& me) for Xmas dinner along with the sweet white swill I got for the rest of the in-laws.??

    Yup, I consider 7 Deadly Zins a  "best buy".  Now if your ever want to spend a lot of money- Michael- David who make the former- name their top end zinfandels after the seven deadly sins. Lust, sloth, gluttony, ect. Maybe worth it.  When you get into that price stratosphere,  beside those I like the Ridge Lytton Springs, and Elyse Morosholi vineyard. 

    BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours.  🙂  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @hoorta said:

    Yup, I consider 7 Deadly Zins a  "best buy".  Now if your ever want to spend a lot of money- Michael- David who make the former- name their top end zinfandels after the seven deadly sins. Lust, sloth, gluttony, ect. Maybe worth it.  When you get into that price stratosphere,  beside those I like the Ridge Lytton Springs, and Elyse Morosholi vineyard. 

    BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours.  🙂  

    Same to you Larry.......................................Bill?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Never been a fan of 7 Deadly, but it's been a while.

    For a long time Brazin was my go to Zin, but even it faded in its last vintage and I shifted to Cline Old Vines.

    Merry Christmas from one wine-o to a couple others...

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    FWIW, ward is for sure concussed again in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game for all intents and purposes.

    I really hope this isnt the start of something.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #72

    He sure looked dizzy...and that was dumb by ward.  Make sure the fans know your name...not the medical staff

  • FWIW, ward is for sure concussed again in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game for all intents and purposes.

    I really hope this isnt the start of something.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @jrb12711 said:

    FWIW, ward is for sure concussed again in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game for all intents and purposes.

    I really hope this isnt the start of something.

    Yeah but what if that one makes him decide to retire. I love the kid but i rather him get a concussion now if he decides to retire than in week 1 next year and he decide to retire. We know CB is an issue if he does and even if he comes back depth is a concern. Like i said love him he's probably my favorite defensive player on the team but he needs to practice rugby style tackling if he is going to keep playing and if he hangs it up due to concussions I don't blame him.

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    Ward, for sure! Worried about his future...

  • @jrb12711 said:

    FWIW, ward is for sure concussed again in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game for all intents and purposes.

    I really hope this isnt the start of something.

    Yeah but what if that one makes him decide to retire. I love the kid but i rather him get a concussion now if he decides to retire than in week 1 next year and he decide to retire. We know CB is an issue if he does and even if he comes back depth is a concern. Like i said love him he's probably my favorite defensive player on the team but he needs to practice rugby style tackling if he is going to keep playing and if he hangs it up due to concussions I don't blame him.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @bjh2130 said:

    Yeah but what if that one makes him decide to retire. I love the kid but i rather him get a concussion now if he decides to retire than in week 1 next year and he decide to retire. We know CB is an issue if he does and even if he comes back depth is a concern. Like i said love him he's probably my favorite defensive player on the team but he needs to practice rugby style tackling if he is going to keep playing and if he hangs it up due to concussions I don't blame him.

    How may ccs does he have?  He doesnt strike me as the retiring type.  I think you need a xanax.  Your jumpin the gun.  Don Beebe is still alive...relax

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Yeah but what if that one makes him decide to retire. I love the kid but i rather him get a concussion now if he decides to retire than in week 1 next year and he decide to retire. We know CB is an issue if he does and even if he comes back depth is a concern. Like i said love him he's probably my favorite defensive player on the team but he needs to practice rugby style tackling if he is going to keep playing and if he hangs it up due to concussions I don't blame him.

    How may ccs does he have?  He doesnt strike me as the retiring type.  I think you need a xanax.  Your jumpin the gun.  Don Beebe is still alive...relax

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @kvoethe said:

    How may ccs does he have?  He doesnt strike me as the retiring type.  I think you need a xanax.  Your jumpin the gun.  Don Beebe is still alive...relax

    I thought this was his third this year. But here he says that last one was his first

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/20/denzel-ward-glad-to-be-back-from-his-first-concussion/amp/

    As far as the Xanax comment. When you are under 25 like he is your brain is still developing and one concussion is bad but having another on the first shot to your head after sitting out for two weeks due to a concussion is absolutely awful and scary. He's a smart kid and already has enough wealth don't be surprised if he doesn't really consider retirement.

  • W WinnipegClevelandBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #77

    The more Baker plays the better off this team will be.  He needs to gain experience as a QB and with the talent on the field with him.  The only reason I would have given him the week off is if the team had won the division.  Weighing injury vs. experience I would prefer the experience.  He appears to be getting better each week.

    As for Ward, sitting him if he is not 100% post concussion would be in the best interest of all parties.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #78

    I wouldnt let Ward back on to the field until he knows how to properly tackle and protect himself...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #79

    And what was wrong with the tackle?

    I'm going to go with I told you so. The hit did not even involve his head. His head just snapped to the side and that was enough.

  • I wouldnt let Ward back on to the field until he knows how to properly tackle and protect himself...

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @nickers said:

    I wouldnt let Ward back on to the field until he knows how to properly tackle and protect himself...

    all i thought was that there was no reason why Randell did not wrap up and make the tackle

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    The head snap did it. 

    Love the toughness but Ward shouldn't have been out there today. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #82

    There probably is no choice with Ward next week

  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #83

    PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

  • And what was wrong with the tackle?

    I'm going to go with I told you so. The hit did not even involve his head. His head just snapped to the side and that was enough.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @tour2ma said:

    And what was wrong with the tackle?

    I'm going to go with I told you so. The hit did not even involve his head. His head just snapped to the side and that was enough.

    Yep. I think he took a forearm to the chin or a shoulder. Head snapped back and goodnight. I'm officially worried. Why he continues to go high, I don't know. 

  • PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @alporcini said:

    PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    Not that I'm HAPPY if it's a shoulder, but I certainly don't want another concussion. 

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Is he another haden?  Can't stay on the field.

  • Is he another haden?  Can't stay on the field.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @lbc-mike said:

    Is he another haden?  Can't stay on the field.

    Completely different players

  • PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @alporcini said:

    PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    I'd be shocked, but very happy if that was the case. He looked like he was counting to potato after that hit in the face