Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
106 25 2.5k
  • What did baker do? I.left as soon as the the kneeldowns started

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @clevfan4life said:

    What did baker do? I.left as soon as the the kneeldowns started

    Was right before kneel downs. Stared down hue for probably 10 seconds.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Mayfield thanked the crowd for showing up and being vocal. 

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't share your feelings on the matter. 

    Yea, being a dick for no reason is a good thing... He already made his point in the 1st meeting. Hue may hire Burfict next year...

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @falcon7 said:

    Yea, being a dick for no reason is a good thing... He already made his point in the 1st meeting. Hue may hire Burfict next year...

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #83

    So, Falcon,

    it's HUE that was being a dick.

    ttps://dawgpounddaily.com/.../cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-throws-baker-mayfield...

    " Jackson cocked his verbal rifle and shot Mayfield down on Friday morning, when he appeared on ESPN’s midday show, First Take. The hubris, or rather Hue-bris, of this man seems to know no bounds. Despite going 3-36-1 in his tenure with the Browns, Jackson blamed Mayfield’s performance this season as a part of why he got fired. "

  • @falcon7 said:

    Yea, being a dick for no reason is a good thing... He already made his point in the 1st meeting. Hue may hire Burfict next year...

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    I wondered at times if hue was intentionally making us bad. Like sabotage. I think he tried helping his buddy Marv. Only real explanation short of mrdd issues

  • @falcon7 said:

    Yea, being a dick for no reason is a good thing... He already made his point in the 1st meeting. Hue may hire Burfict next year...

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #86

    It gives the fans another reason to get behind him. That's the only reason there needs to be. 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Baker Mayfield sounds like the football version of Audie Murphy. I’ve listened to his post game a few times and that’s it. We got Audie Murphy for QB.  Strap em up tight kids, this is gonna be one helluva ride. Say what you want but Baker’s a winner 

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @falcon7 said:

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

    I kinda thought the same thing.  I'm hoping this team improves and we go on a long run of success but I don't to be like the Steelers fanbase as well.  I get that Baker was sore at Hue and he got his shot in at the last game. 

    Here's hoping Ward isn't concussion prone and we beat the Ravens next week.

  • C'mon Bake, be better than that...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @falcon7 said:

    C'mon Bake, be better than that...

    I said the same thing. We all knew Baker would have moments like this, and while I don't agree with it, he's definitely himself. My thing is, why give the media anything to talk about besides the game, ya know? It's in the past, so let it go. 

    But Jesus, can Baker Mayfield throw a football or what? And how about our receivers? Suddenly we have the best receivers in the world? Lol. I felt bad for Callaway. He was open a few times and didn't connect. 

    Baker is extremely deadly, and I'm so happy to have him. Some of those throws today were next freaking level. Just look at his numbers today. Yeesh. I predicted 27-17 Browns I think. Pretty close! Man I love this team. 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Good way to rekindle a rivalry that went south

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Just watched Baker's presser, glad he didn't fuel the fire...on to Baltimore

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #92

    While the commercial break was happening all they had to do was show Baker on the sidelines raising his hands and the place went nuts.

    Reminded me of games at tOSU when Troy was running the show.  That is the impression Baker is making on this fanbase. 

  • @falcon7 said:

    C'mon Bake, be better than that...

    Nope. Hueie blewis blew the Browns' chances to get to the playoffs. After he left, the Browns took off.

    Addition by subtraction (including the former OC). Bakers' happy staredown is absolutely justified, and really funny.

    I LOL'd, and so did my Wife. It was GREAT.

    Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson throws Baker Mayfield under bus

    Nov 2, 2018 - Not even a week after being fired, Hue Jackson has already thrown countless members of the Cleveland Browns organization under the bus. The last target on his Blame Bus hit list is Baker Mayfield, as the former Browns coach attacked his rookie quarterback on ESPN’s First Take.
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @calfoxwc said:

    Nope. Hueie blewis blew the Browns' chances to get to the playoffs. After he left, the Browns took off.

    Addition by subtraction (including the former OC). Bakers' happy staredown is absolutely justified, and really funny.

    I LOL'd, and so did my Wife. It was GREAT.

    Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson throws Baker Mayfield under bus

     
    Nov 2, 2018 - Not even a week after being fired, Hue Jackson has already thrown countless members of the Cleveland Browns organization under the bus. The last target on his Blame Bus hit list is Baker Mayfield, as the former Browns coach attacked his rookie quarterback on ESPN’s First Take.

    Those are old links.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Some of y’all are weenies. I’m only middle aged so l barely remember the time when foes were foes and enemies were enemies, and everything in between was bullshit and fun.

    I mean, you do get that gamesmanship is at play here right? Attitude, competitiveness, sportsmanship.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not for no reason. Hue did his level best to kill the browns. Mayfield is doing everything in his power to revive them. 

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @falcon7 said:

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

    You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

    I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #96

    “People need to fear Cleveland” - Baker Mayfield

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Browns after Week 16 of 2016: 1-14.

    Browns after Week 16 of 2017: 0-15.

    Browns after Week 16 of 2018: 7-7-1.

    Things are finally looking up!

  • @falcon7 said:

    He already did it in action and words the last game. Just beating a dead horse...  

    You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

    I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

    I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

    It is deeply personal thats for sure. This isnt because hue sat him, something went down we're not being told

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

    I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

    It is deeply personal thats for sure. This isnt because hue sat him, something went down we're not being told

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @clevfan4life said:

    It is deeply personal thats for sure. This isnt because hue sat him, something went down we're not being told

    Mayfield plays with a chip on his shoulder.

    Some of his "chips" seem almost manufactured.