We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket
-
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence of Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day!
-
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence of Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day!
I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day!
No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...
-
I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day!
No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...
No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...
The good news is if the Ravens win today, chances are the Ravens will play the Chargers in the first round and then we will see.....right? I agree you either win or you lose.....oh and I guess you can tie. Lucked out? I thought there were no woulda, shoulda coulda's? You either win or lose? We beat the Chargers soundly, they scored one TD on a short field off a turn over. Other than that a field goal. They never even sniffed the goal line. Did you watch the game? Oh and the Browns? Who have they beat? Your wins all come from sub-500 teams. But the Browns have finally got a QB and are bouncing back. They should be contenders in the AFC North for years to come. I am sure they will beat the Ravens plenty in the coming years......but just not today.
-
No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...
The good news is if the Ravens win today, chances are the Ravens will play the Chargers in the first round and then we will see.....right? I agree you either win or you lose.....oh and I guess you can tie. Lucked out? I thought there were no woulda, shoulda coulda's? You either win or lose? We beat the Chargers soundly, they scored one TD on a short field off a turn over. Other than that a field goal. They never even sniffed the goal line. Did you watch the game? Oh and the Browns? Who have they beat? Your wins all come from sub-500 teams. But the Browns have finally got a QB and are bouncing back. They should be contenders in the AFC North for years to come. I am sure they will beat the Ravens plenty in the coming years......but just not today.
The good news is if the Ravens win today, chances are the Ravens will play the Chargers in the first round and then we will see.....right? I agree you either win or you lose.....oh and I guess you can tie. Lucked out? I thought there were no woulda, shoulda coulda's? You either win or lose? We beat the Chargers soundly, they scored one TD on a short field off a turn over. Other than that a field goal. They never even sniffed the goal line. Did you watch the game? Oh and the Browns? Who have they beat? Your wins all come from sub-500 teams. But the Browns have finally got a QB and are bouncing back. They should be contenders in the AFC North for years to come. I am sure they will beat the Ravens plenty in the coming years......but just not today.
The good news is how you prove raisin fans to lack any usable brain cells
-
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...
Break records? Against the #1 defense....at home? Sorry I would be absolutely stunned.
I never said the Browns will be an "easy out". I just have a lot of confidence coming in to this game. Why shouldn't I? I think the Browns can absolutely win this game. I have outlined some of the ways they could win.....like dominating the line of scrimmage. That is where this game will be won and lost. If the Ravens O line handles the Browns and the Ravens get their running game going and control the clock....thus keeping Mayfield off the field the Browns will be in for a long day. If the Browns can protect Mayfield they have an excellent chance. The Ravens havn't proved they can come from behind to win a game. Yeah, Jackson had that one throw against the Chargers but that isnt evidence of the Ravens having the ability to create a "comeback". If the Ravens play from in front most of the game the Ravens will win. The Browns need to get up on the Ravens and stay there. If the Browns are always playing from behind the Ravens will smell blood and it will only get harder as the game goes on. The Ravens CAN NOT let Mayfield get in to any rhythm. Mayfield is a good QB he is going to make some plays, the Ravens just have to limit many of those plays
-
NFL Good Morning Football is funny this morning. Two black guys are going with LJ's legs and the D and the white guy is going with "Dangerous".?
-
I have taken a lot of heat for saying the Ravens are the real Browns. In reality, I just feel that there is indeed a historical connection. I am the same way with the Bengals being Paul Browns team. I also don't hate the Steelers but 2x per year, as I have a lot of friends, family and my career connected to the area.
Football day I get nasty....in words, not deeds.
Modell is common to us both, and I consider him as part of my own football culture. I hate what happened, but people don't always do what we want.
I am glad you guys love your team.
Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.
Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
-
No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!
Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...
Break records? Against the #1 defense....at home? Sorry I would be absolutely stunned.
I never said the Browns will be an "easy out". I just have a lot of confidence coming in to this game. Why shouldn't I? I think the Browns can absolutely win this game. I have outlined some of the ways they could win.....like dominating the line of scrimmage. That is where this game will be won and lost. If the Ravens O line handles the Browns and the Ravens get their running game going and control the clock....thus keeping Mayfield off the field the Browns will be in for a long day. If the Browns can protect Mayfield they have an excellent chance. The Ravens havn't proved they can come from behind to win a game. Yeah, Jackson had that one throw against the Chargers but that isnt evidence of the Ravens having the ability to create a "comeback". If the Ravens play from in front most of the game the Ravens will win. The Browns need to get up on the Ravens and stay there. If the Browns are always playing from behind the Ravens will smell blood and it will only get harder as the game goes on. The Ravens CAN NOT let Mayfield get in to any rhythm. Mayfield is a good QB he is going to make some plays, the Ravens just have to limit many of those plays
Break records? Against the #1 defense....at home? Sorry I would be absolutely stunned.
I never said the Browns will be an "easy out". I just have a lot of confidence coming in to this game. Why shouldn't I? I think the Browns can absolutely win this game. I have outlined some of the ways they could win.....like dominating the line of scrimmage. That is where this game will be won and lost. If the Ravens O line handles the Browns and the Ravens get their running game going and control the clock....thus keeping Mayfield off the field the Browns will be in for a long day. If the Browns can protect Mayfield they have an excellent chance. The Ravens havn't proved they can come from behind to win a game. Yeah, Jackson had that one throw against the Chargers but that isnt evidence of the Ravens having the ability to create a "comeback". If the Ravens play from in front most of the game the Ravens will win. The Browns need to get up on the Ravens and stay there. If the Browns are always playing from behind the Ravens will smell blood and it will only get harder as the game goes on. The Ravens CAN NOT let Mayfield get in to any rhythm. Mayfield is a good QB he is going to make some plays, the Ravens just have to limit many of those plays
By all means stay DELUSIONAL!
-
Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
Zombo said:
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
-
"if the ravens..." ?
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/23/18088678/baker-mayfield-browns-qb-hue-jackson-fired
another ratbird fan I predict, that will flee discussions after they lose.
Tough game, sure.
But Baker and the Browns thrive on games like this.
The ratbirds - their only hope is Lamar running amok.
I don't think so.
Our Browns already beat the ratbirds at home this season.
and the ratbirds lost 34-23 to the hapless Bengals.
The Browns pummeled the bengals in both wins.
-
Zombo said:
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money.

-
Johnny Unitas had his clock cleaned by the Cleveland Browns
Jim Brown, Frank Ryan and a not so solid? Browns D won 27-0
bloitmore just has too many mercury laden oysters.
-
Today should be a beat down... again. No huebatross around the neck and a opponent lamer than most.
Cleveland Browns 47
them 2
kneel down safety to end
-
If the ravens are so awfully great then why are they only nine and six.
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
I was not the one on here claiming how great the Browns were
-
Zombo said:
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
-
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
-
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
If drunk ass Bob Irsay took the Colts team to Indy and left the team name, colors and history I would have said Good Riddance! Bye! Good luck in Indy! The Baltimore COlts drafted John Elway but he refused to come to Baltimore because of the owner. He was a bad owner and a drunk. Nothing would have made me happier then today's Ravens would have been named the Colt's. If Cleveland would have won the Super Bowl in the last 20 years you wouldnt have a problem, but because they have basically sucked for the last 20 years it's Modell's legacy. If you had won the Super Bowl would it have been his legacy also? Hell no! Only the bad stuff is his legacy.....right?
-
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
-
You know, its funny that your 1st statement is you dont want to talk trash, then that is what ya did. Arent the same team, we are better, knock chip off shoulder, etc.
If you wanted to talk, dont say you dont want to and then do it.
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
Well actually not everything you said was a fact, such as knock chip off shoulder. But it is talking trash, when you come on to say the things you did.
You also say "we" arent the same team you saw before, which makes it seem as if you think the Browns are. You cant have it both ways. They have played this year, with Cleveland winning. You use games that have happened recently to support your case, why didn't you bring that one up?
Again, if you wanted to bolster your team up, then do it. Dont say you aren't going to talk then do it.
-
See below...
Correct, not a racial comment. But also not a correct one.
You seem to know something of Takenton's career, so it's odd that you cling classifing him as a running QB.
Tour, I would yield that there is a distinction between a running QB, and a scrambling QB, and that on overall examination it seems I have lumped them both together.
On one hand, of course, I know the difference. On the other hand, to a great extent, I believe, whether the QB is a running QB ( or Run First QB), or just a scrambler, honestly, the end result in performance is the exact same. The euphemism that "one cannot serve two masters" sheds light on the problem.
If there was some technology, an audible alarm, mounted in an earpiece that could somehow tell the QB when the outcome for the run was better than for the pass, the "Tarkenton" could be very reliable and effective. Alas, no such instrument exists and the balance between feet-fleeing, or hanging in to pass, under the pressure of live games, I believe, leaves this type of QB in a mental limbo, not really knowing which option to pursue.
I remember watching Tarkenton, and even Kordell Stewart. Many times you could see that before Tark ever has back in the pocket, his head was moving, looking for a running/scrambling outlet, before even setting to read his recievers.
I believe that from the time the ball is snapped, a"Tarkenton's mind is at work deciphering whether or not to pass. I think this dichotomy prevents this type of QB from ever really commanding the pass game. I believe this is why in very heated, pressure-filled games, the Tarkenton never has delivered and never will.
I believe that if WIlliams throws different blitzes at Jackson all day long, Jackson will self destruct.
Let's see what happens.
Tour, I would yield that there is a distinction between a running QB, and a scrambling QB, and that on overall examination it seems I have lumped them both together.
On one hand, of course, I know the difference. On the other hand, to a great extent, I believe, whether the QB is a running QB ( or Run First QB), or just a scrambler, honestly, the end result in performance is the exact same. The euphemism that "one cannot serve two masters" sheds light on the problem.
If there was some technology, an audible alarm, mounted in an earpiece that could somehow tell the QB when the outcome for the run was better than for the pass, the "Tarkenton" could be very reliable and effective. Alas, no such instrument exists and the balance between feet-fleeing, or hanging in to pass, under the pressure of live games, I believe, leaves this type of QB in a mental limbo, not really knowing which option to pursue.
I remember watching Tarkenton, and even Kordell Stewart. Many times you could see that before Tark ever has back in the pocket, his head was moving, looking for a running/scrambling outlet, before even setting to read his recievers.
I believe that from the time the ball is snapped, a"Tarkenton's mind is at work deciphering whether or not to pass. I think this dichotomy prevents this type of QB from ever really commanding the pass game. I believe this is why in very heated, pressure-filled games, the Tarkenton never has delivered and never will.
I believe that if WIlliams throws different blitzes at Jackson all day long, Jackson will self destruct.
Let's see what happens.
Reasonable reply...
As I mentioned in another thread Tark played most of his career on teams that were lucky to be mediocre. He dd what he had to do to survive. In the last third of his career he was on a better team in his 2nd stint with the Vikings... and he ran less and had his best seasons as a passer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login