We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket
-
Johnny Unitas had his clock cleaned by the Cleveland Browns
Jim Brown, Frank Ryan and a not so solid? Browns D won 27-0
bloitmore just has too many mercury laden oysters.
-
Today should be a beat down... again. No huebatross around the neck and a opponent lamer than most.
Cleveland Browns 47
them 2
kneel down safety to end
-
If the ravens are so awfully great then why are they only nine and six.
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.
I was not the one on here claiming how great the Browns were
-
Zombo said:
Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.
We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless crackhouse of a city.
We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.
If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.
How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?
There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.
Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
-
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
-
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
If drunk ass Bob Irsay took the Colts team to Indy and left the team name, colors and history I would have said Good Riddance! Bye! Good luck in Indy! The Baltimore COlts drafted John Elway but he refused to come to Baltimore because of the owner. He was a bad owner and a drunk. Nothing would have made me happier then today's Ravens would have been named the Colt's. If Cleveland would have won the Super Bowl in the last 20 years you wouldnt have a problem, but because they have basically sucked for the last 20 years it's Modell's legacy. If you had won the Super Bowl would it have been his legacy also? Hell no! Only the bad stuff is his legacy.....right?
-
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
-
You know, its funny that your 1st statement is you dont want to talk trash, then that is what ya did. Arent the same team, we are better, knock chip off shoulder, etc.
If you wanted to talk, dont say you dont want to and then do it.
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
Well actually not everything you said was a fact, such as knock chip off shoulder. But it is talking trash, when you come on to say the things you did.
You also say "we" arent the same team you saw before, which makes it seem as if you think the Browns are. You cant have it both ways. They have played this year, with Cleveland winning. You use games that have happened recently to support your case, why didn't you bring that one up?
Again, if you wanted to bolster your team up, then do it. Dont say you aren't going to talk then do it.
-
See below...
Correct, not a racial comment. But also not a correct one.
You seem to know something of Takenton's career, so it's odd that you cling classifing him as a running QB.
Tour, I would yield that there is a distinction between a running QB, and a scrambling QB, and that on overall examination it seems I have lumped them both together.
On one hand, of course, I know the difference. On the other hand, to a great extent, I believe, whether the QB is a running QB ( or Run First QB), or just a scrambler, honestly, the end result in performance is the exact same. The euphemism that "one cannot serve two masters" sheds light on the problem.
If there was some technology, an audible alarm, mounted in an earpiece that could somehow tell the QB when the outcome for the run was better than for the pass, the "Tarkenton" could be very reliable and effective. Alas, no such instrument exists and the balance between feet-fleeing, or hanging in to pass, under the pressure of live games, I believe, leaves this type of QB in a mental limbo, not really knowing which option to pursue.
I remember watching Tarkenton, and even Kordell Stewart. Many times you could see that before Tark ever has back in the pocket, his head was moving, looking for a running/scrambling outlet, before even setting to read his recievers.
I believe that from the time the ball is snapped, a"Tarkenton's mind is at work deciphering whether or not to pass. I think this dichotomy prevents this type of QB from ever really commanding the pass game. I believe this is why in very heated, pressure-filled games, the Tarkenton never has delivered and never will.
I believe that if WIlliams throws different blitzes at Jackson all day long, Jackson will self destruct.
Let's see what happens.
Tour, I would yield that there is a distinction between a running QB, and a scrambling QB, and that on overall examination it seems I have lumped them both together.
On one hand, of course, I know the difference. On the other hand, to a great extent, I believe, whether the QB is a running QB ( or Run First QB), or just a scrambler, honestly, the end result in performance is the exact same. The euphemism that "one cannot serve two masters" sheds light on the problem.
If there was some technology, an audible alarm, mounted in an earpiece that could somehow tell the QB when the outcome for the run was better than for the pass, the "Tarkenton" could be very reliable and effective. Alas, no such instrument exists and the balance between feet-fleeing, or hanging in to pass, under the pressure of live games, I believe, leaves this type of QB in a mental limbo, not really knowing which option to pursue.
I remember watching Tarkenton, and even Kordell Stewart. Many times you could see that before Tark ever has back in the pocket, his head was moving, looking for a running/scrambling outlet, before even setting to read his recievers.
I believe that from the time the ball is snapped, a"Tarkenton's mind is at work deciphering whether or not to pass. I think this dichotomy prevents this type of QB from ever really commanding the pass game. I believe this is why in very heated, pressure-filled games, the Tarkenton never has delivered and never will.
I believe that if WIlliams throws different blitzes at Jackson all day long, Jackson will self destruct.
Let's see what happens.
Reasonable reply...
As I mentioned in another thread Tark played most of his career on teams that were lucky to be mediocre. He dd what he had to do to survive. In the last third of his career he was on a better team in his 2nd stint with the Vikings... and he ran less and had his best seasons as a passer.
-
I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact? I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?
Well actually not everything you said was a fact, such as knock chip off shoulder. But it is talking trash, when you come on to say the things you did.
You also say "we" arent the same team you saw before, which makes it seem as if you think the Browns are. You cant have it both ways. They have played this year, with Cleveland winning. You use games that have happened recently to support your case, why didn't you bring that one up?
Again, if you wanted to bolster your team up, then do it. Dont say you aren't going to talk then do it.
Well actually not everything you said was a fact, such as knock chip off shoulder. But it is talking trash, when you come on to say the things you did.
You also say "we" arent the same team you saw before, which makes it seem as if you think the Browns are. You cant have it both ways. They have played this year, with Cleveland winning. You use games that have happened recently to support your case, why didn't you bring that one up?
Again, if you wanted to bolster your team up, then do it. Dont say you aren't going to talk then do it.
I didnt use that game because 1) there is a different QB playing for BOTH teams. WHy would I use that as an example of what might happen today? Of course I would use games that were played recently. Why wouldn't I? Would you disagree that Mayfield is playing with a chip on his shoulder? Bolstering my team is not talking smack, saying the Browns fans are delusional thinking they can win would be talking smack......I never said such a thing. Talking smack would be saying the Ravens were going to dominate the game with out using facts to support the argument. Its not bragging if you have facts that support your position.
-
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
You must be Vagitrons long lost cousin...
-
Tour, I would yield that there is a distinction between a running QB, and a scrambling QB, and that on overall examination it seems I have lumped them both together.
On one hand, of course, I know the difference. On the other hand, to a great extent, I believe, whether the QB is a running QB ( or Run First QB), or just a scrambler, honestly, the end result in performance is the exact same. The euphemism that "one cannot serve two masters" sheds light on the problem.
If there was some technology, an audible alarm, mounted in an earpiece that could somehow tell the QB when the outcome for the run was better than for the pass, the "Tarkenton" could be very reliable and effective. Alas, no such instrument exists and the balance between feet-fleeing, or hanging in to pass, under the pressure of live games, I believe, leaves this type of QB in a mental limbo, not really knowing which option to pursue.
I remember watching Tarkenton, and even Kordell Stewart. Many times you could see that before Tark ever has back in the pocket, his head was moving, looking for a running/scrambling outlet, before even setting to read his recievers.
I believe that from the time the ball is snapped, a"Tarkenton's mind is at work deciphering whether or not to pass. I think this dichotomy prevents this type of QB from ever really commanding the pass game. I believe this is why in very heated, pressure-filled games, the Tarkenton never has delivered and never will.
I believe that if WIlliams throws different blitzes at Jackson all day long, Jackson will self destruct.
Let's see what happens.
Reasonable reply...
As I mentioned in another thread Tark played most of his career on teams that were lucky to be mediocre. He dd what he had to do to survive. In the last third of his career he was on a better team in his 2nd stint with the Vikings... and he ran less and had his best seasons as a passer.
Reasonable reply...
As I mentioned in another thread Tark played most of his career on teams that were lucky to be mediocre. He dd what he had to do to survive. In the last third of his career he was on a better team in his 2nd stint with the Vikings... and he ran less and had his best seasons as a passer.
https://thevikingage.com/2018/07/05/fran-tarkenton-rank-quarterback-vikings/
-
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
Are you that ignorant of your own teams history. Modell was kicked out of the league. He was forced to sell his team by the NFL because of his financial ineptitude. And I am simply saying that the Browns losing is just a legacy of his whether he was responsible or not for every bit of it he was responsible for the initiation of it.
-
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
If drunk ass Bob Irsay took the Colts team to Indy and left the team name, colors and history I would have said Good Riddance! Bye! Good luck in Indy! The Baltimore COlts drafted John Elway but he refused to come to Baltimore because of the owner. He was a bad owner and a drunk. Nothing would have made me happier then today's Ravens would have been named the Colt's. If Cleveland would have won the Super Bowl in the last 20 years you wouldnt have a problem, but because they have basically sucked for the last 20 years it's Modell's legacy. If you had won the Super Bowl would it have been his legacy also? Hell no! Only the bad stuff is his legacy.....right?
If drunk ass Bob Irsay took the Colts team to Indy and left the team name, colors and history I would have said Good Riddance! Bye! Good luck in Indy! The Baltimore COlts drafted John Elway but he refused to come to Baltimore because of the owner. He was a bad owner and a drunk. Nothing would have made me happier then today's Ravens would have been named the Colt's. If Cleveland would have won the Super Bowl in the last 20 years you wouldnt have a problem, but because they have basically sucked for the last 20 years it's Modell's legacy. If you had won the Super Bowl would it have been his legacy also? Hell no! Only the bad stuff is his legacy.....right?
What the fuck does EarSay have to do with a goddamn thing. That’s your problem not ours talk to that shit on your own board not here. And yes that things are Modell’s legacy because everything he touched was bad. He had nothing to do with the ravens are being good that was all biscotti when he came in and took over.
-
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
Yes because at that point then his stench will have worn off
-
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
When does it stop being Modell's legacy? When Cleveland finally wins something?
You don’t even know the meaning of a word and yet use it. Why? Shit for brains?
-
The only legacy in Cleveland Browns history is Paul Brown
-
If drunk ass Bob Irsay took the Colts team to Indy and left the team name, colors and history I would have said Good Riddance! Bye! Good luck in Indy! The Baltimore COlts drafted John Elway but he refused to come to Baltimore because of the owner. He was a bad owner and a drunk. Nothing would have made me happier then today's Ravens would have been named the Colt's. If Cleveland would have won the Super Bowl in the last 20 years you wouldnt have a problem, but because they have basically sucked for the last 20 years it's Modell's legacy. If you had won the Super Bowl would it have been his legacy also? Hell no! Only the bad stuff is his legacy.....right?
What the fuck does EarSay have to do with a goddamn thing. That’s your problem not ours talk to that shit on your own board not here. And yes that things are Modell’s legacy because everything he touched was bad. He had nothing to do with the ravens are being good that was all biscotti when he came in and took over.
What the fuck does EarSay have to do with a goddamn thing. That’s your problem not ours talk to that shit on your own board not here. And yes that things are Modell’s legacy because everything he touched was bad. He had nothing to do with the ravens are being good that was all biscotti when he came in and took over.
Hmmmmmmm Modell was the owner when they won their first Championship.....2000. As far as what point it was to bring up Irsay was to illustrate the difference/similarities there was between the Browns move and the Colts move. I guess it got lost in translation.
-
Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take? I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.
BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
He's in denial Modell was going bankrupt, Fleet Bank was going to foreclose on him, and Biscotti threw him a life preserver to save face. After Maryland and Baltimore gave him what was it a $75 million bribe to move?
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
The other owners- Modell included- thought the previous expansion teams, the Jaguars and Panthers got too good, too fast. So it was time to screw the most loyal fan base in the NFL over royally. Jags and Carolina had at least an entire year to get their act together, and got way better deals in the expansion draft. The Browns got months, and got crap.
As far as Modell's "business decision"- BS he could have sold out to Al Lerner, then and there. Nope, wanted to have the glory of being an NFL owner, and pass the team down to his cigar chompin' kid. Nothing short of Divine Justice he wound up with neither.
-
The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence
He's in denial Modell was going bankrupt, Fleet Bank was going to foreclose on him, and Biscotti threw him a life preserver to save face. After Maryland and Baltimore gave him what was it a $75 million bribe to move?
"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed? One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.
The other owners- Modell included- thought the previous expansion teams, the Jaguars and Panthers got too good, too fast. So it was time to screw the most loyal fan base in the NFL over royally. Jags and Carolina had at least an entire year to get their act together, and got way better deals in the expansion draft. The Browns got months, and got crap.
As far as Modell's "business decision"- BS he could have sold out to Al Lerner, then and there. Nope, wanted to have the glory of being an NFL owner, and pass the team down to his cigar chompin' kid. Nothing short of Divine Justice he wound up with neither.
He's in denial Modell was going bankrupt, Fleet Bank was going to foreclose on him, and Biscotti threw him a life preserver to save face. After Maryland and Baltimore gave him what was it a $75 million bribe to move?
The other owners- Modell included- thought the previous expansion teams, the Jaguars and Panthers got too good, too fast. So it was time to screw the most loyal fan base in the NFL over royally. Jags and Carolina had at least an entire year to get their act together, and got way better deals in the expansion draft. The Browns got months, and got crap.
As far as Modell's "business decision"- BS he could have sold out to Al Lerner, then and there. Nope, wanted to have the glory of being an NFL owner, and pass the team down to his cigar chompin' kid. Nothing short of Divine Justice he wound up with neither.
I guess, but Al Lerner turned out to be a turd as well. What do you mean the city of Cleveland got crap? They got a new stadium, the team name etc. etc. Actually Modell got the 75 mill. plus the suite money.....and other perks. Baltimore had a better deal on the table than Jacksonville or Carolina. They just had it in their minds Baltimore wasnt getting an expansion team. Lerner was also involved in a lot of the negotiations and knew Modell was leaning towards Baltimore. He had his sights on Cleveland, he stabbed Cleveland in the back for his own gain. He didnt want to buy the club from Modell. Why should he? He could waltz in to CLeveland as a hero. But he was in the ear of Modell the entire time encouraging him to go to Baltimore. You guys have all that hatred for Modell you should have had the same for Lerner. Turned out Lerner was even more of a bum then Modell, he didnt care at all about Cleveland. He made a butt load of cash off of Cleveland and selling the Browns. Lerner was standing on the podium with Modell when he announced he was leaving Cleveland and going to Baltimore.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login