***Official Browns @ Ravens Game Day Thread***
-
Hi, Browns fans! Our 7-7-1 . Cleveland Browns are in Baltimore as they conclude their 2018 regular season at the AFC North leading Baltimore Ravens .
Browns also has the better divisional record over AFC North opponents with their 3-1-1 record over the Ravens 2-3.
Browns record after Hue Jackson was fired was 2-5-1. Since Gregg Williams leadership as Browns Interim Head Coach, Cleveland has a has a remarkable second half with their current 5-2 record,.
Greg Joseph kicked his game-winning, 37-yard field goal to help Cleveland defeat Baltimore 12-9, with 5:02 left in overtime, and played at FirstEnergy Stadium in both teams last meeting played on October 7, 2018.
A win at Baltimore would be their first season sweep for the Brownsover the Ravens since their 2007 NFL regular season.
With an eight win to finish 2018, the Browns can also both win their most games in a regular season, since finishing 10-6 also in 2007, otherwise finish at 7 wins as in 7-9 back in 2014.
Mostly sunny skies at 45 degrees, is the game forecast at M&T Bank Stadium for the 4:25 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 3% precipitation, 60% humidity, and southwest winds at 3 miles per hour.
Also a Happy New Year 2019 To Cleveland Browns fans!
NO injuries, win one more game on the road to complete your 2018 NFL season, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF WOOF! BELIEVELAND!!!!
-
ARGH! Our last game, I can't believe it. I'm having so much fun this year and I just want it to continue. You get the feeling that if the season was 18 games, we'd be sliding into the playoffs.
As much as I'd like to pick us to win this game, I just can't. It's crazy to think we actually beat this team already, and when I watched the Ravens play the Chargers, I couldn't help but think it's going to be a long day today. I mean, there were times when the Bolts' pocket just completely collapsed immediately after the snap, and Rivers is basically king of getting rid of the ball, and HE was flummoxed.
We CAN win, but a lot of things have to happen. Even though the final score of the Chargers game wasn't close, the game itself was, and I think the Bolts were on their way to win until that freak fumble happened at the end. So what needs to happen? We need to score on defense. We haven't had a defensive or special teams TD all freaking year, and that's crazy to me. What else? The Chargers were in position to win that game because of red zone defense. Ravens settled for FG's mostly, and they turned it over on downs. We need to duplicate that effort, no small task because I'm guessing Lamar has been pretty good there.
Turnovers. We MUST win the turnover battle. No surprise there, but still...important. Expect to see way more punts than you're used to today from us . We won't be able to run the ball, and we will see more 3rd and longs. It's just how it is against these guys. Chubb needs like 30 yards to break 1000, and it would not surprise me if he didn't get it.
Cash in on the deep shots. We might get 2-3 chances today with deep single coverage, and we have to win and have to hit the pass. Make them pay.
Theres a ton more to say about this game, but it should be an electric atmosphere to say the least. We might be seeing the first of many Baker vs Lamar games, and it'd be great to win the first one. This game reminds me too much of the Texans game though, and I can't pick the Browns to win. But damn....I want to be so wrong, lol.
Browns - 16
Ravens - 27
Ya know, there is one more angle I want to address, and that's "pressure". The Ravens choked last year in a very similar situation, and now they have a rookie QB being tasked with leading them to the playoffs. Is Lamar due for his "rookie game"? They all have them, right? Guess we'll see!
-
ARGH! Our last game, I can't believe it. I'm having so much fun this year and I just want it to continue. You get the feeling that if the season was 18 games, we'd be sliding into the playoffs.
As much as I'd like to pick us to win this game, I just can't. It's crazy to think we actually beat this team already, and when I watched the Ravens play the Chargers, I couldn't help but think it's going to be a long day today. I mean, there were times when the Bolts' pocket just completely collapsed immediately after the snap, and Rivers is basically king of getting rid of the ball, and HE was flummoxed.
We CAN win, but a lot of things have to happen. Even though the final score of the Chargers game wasn't close, the game itself was, and I think the Bolts were on their way to win until that freak fumble happened at the end. So what needs to happen? We need to score on defense. We haven't had a defensive or special teams TD all freaking year, and that's crazy to me. What else? The Chargers were in position to win that game because of red zone defense. Ravens settled for FG's mostly, and they turned it over on downs. We need to duplicate that effort, no small task because I'm guessing Lamar has been pretty good there.
Turnovers. We MUST win the turnover battle. No surprise there, but still...important. Expect to see way more punts than you're used to today from us . We won't be able to run the ball, and we will see more 3rd and longs. It's just how it is against these guys. Chubb needs like 30 yards to break 1000, and it would not surprise me if he didn't get it.
Cash in on the deep shots. We might get 2-3 chances today with deep single coverage, and we have to win and have to hit the pass. Make them pay.
Theres a ton more to say about this game, but it should be an electric atmosphere to say the least. We might be seeing the first of many Baker vs Lamar games, and it'd be great to win the first one. This game reminds me too much of the Texans game though, and I can't pick the Browns to win. But damn....I want to be so wrong, lol.
Browns - 16
Ravens - 27
Ya know, there is one more angle I want to address, and that's "pressure". The Ravens choked last year in a very similar situation, and now they have a rookie QB being tasked with leading them to the playoffs. Is Lamar due for his "rookie game"? They all have them, right? Guess we'll see!
Browns - 16
Ravens - 27
The rookie scoring 27? Losing faith again jiggins? ?
-
Browns - 16
Ravens - 27
The rookie scoring 27? Losing faith again jiggins? ?
The rookie scoring 27? Losing faith again jiggins? ?
Heck no! I think the Ravens defense will be tough, that's all. But I have to admit, I'm curious to see how the Kitchens offense looks against this kind of pressure. Kitchens is pretty forward thinking, and he just may have a solid plan of attack (like he normally does). I just hope we find a way to run it, despite their ability to stop it. Find a way boys. That's the key to everything.
-
another game where Kitchens and the offense will throw the Kitchen Sink at the ratbirds.
-
-
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
-
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
Then shut the dummies out!
-
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
Yeah....I don't think so. I HOPE so, but I don't think so, Lmao.
If we somehow win, it'll be somewhat closer to our first game. Not quite 12-9, but more towards that realm.
My biggest hope is Lamar gives us a couple gifts. While he can definitely throw the ball, he almost ALWAYS has a few errant throws that can be picked. If he misses high over the middle, like on their read-option slant, we need to make them pay.
-
41 pts? on the #1 defense? The division, the playoffs and the entire season on the line for the Ravens and the Browns are going to drop 41? In their stadium?
Yeah....I don't think so. I HOPE so, but I don't think so, Lmao.
If we somehow win, it'll be somewhat closer to our first game. Not quite 12-9, but more towards that realm.
My biggest hope is Lamar gives us a couple gifts. While he can definitely throw the ball, he almost ALWAYS has a few errant throws that can be picked. If he misses high over the middle, like on their read-option slant, we need to make them pay.
Yeah....I don't think so. I HOPE so, but I don't think so, Lmao.
If we somehow win, it'll be somewhat closer to our first game. Not quite 12-9, but more towards that realm.
My biggest hope is Lamar gives us a couple gifts. While he can definitely throw the ball, he almost ALWAYS has a few errant throws that can be picked. If he misses high over the middle, like on their read-option slant, we need to make them pay.
Jackson has fumbled in every single game he has played.......so yeah, the Browns have to get those turnovers.
-
I was a toddler when the Browns were moved from Cleveland by Modell and taken to Baltimore.
Baltimore is the arch enemy of the Browns and always will be for me.
I have a good buddy who’s whole family are Steeler’s fans except for one brother who elected the Dolphins.. It would be awesome to have some kind of impact on the AFC North. Today is a great opportunity for that.
This should be a good rivalry for the years to come. Lamar Jackson played high school ball 15 minutes from where I live at Boynton Beach high, he is pretty gifted with speed and a good arm. Better than RG3’s arm for any of you comparison guys..
Defense needs to come up big. Offense needs to be efficient. This will be like a playoff game. Go Browns!
-
I was a toddler when the Browns were moved from Cleveland by Modell and taken to Baltimore.
Baltimore is the arch enemy of the Browns and always will be for me.
I have a good buddy who’s whole family are Steeler’s fans except for one brother who elected the Dolphins.. It would be awesome to have some kind of impact on the AFC North. Today is a great opportunity for that.
This should be a good rivalry for the years to come. Lamar Jackson played high school ball 15 minutes from where I live at Boynton Beach high, he is pretty gifted with speed and a good arm. Better than RG3’s arm for any of you comparison guys..
Defense needs to come up big. Offense needs to be efficient. This will be like a playoff game. Go Browns!
I was a toddler when the Browns were moved from Cleveland by Modell and taken to Baltimore.
Baltimore is the arch enemy of the Browns and always will be for me.
I have a good buddy who’s whole family are Steeler’s fans except for one brother who elected the Dolphins.. It would be awesome to have some kind of impact on the AFC North. Today is a great opportunity for that.
This should be a good rivalry for the years to come. Lamar Jackson played high school ball 15 minutes from where I live at Boynton Beach high, he is pretty gifted with speed and a good arm. Better than RG3’s arm for any of you comparison guys..
Defense needs to come up big. Offense needs to be efficient. This will be like a playoff game. Go Browns!
Note. You’re incorrect. The Browns were never taken to Baltimore
-
I was a toddler when the Browns were moved from Cleveland by Modell and taken to Baltimore.
Baltimore is the arch enemy of the Browns and always will be for me.
I have a good buddy who’s whole family are Steeler’s fans except for one brother who elected the Dolphins.. It would be awesome to have some kind of impact on the AFC North. Today is a great opportunity for that.
This should be a good rivalry for the years to come. Lamar Jackson played high school ball 15 minutes from where I live at Boynton Beach high, he is pretty gifted with speed and a good arm. Better than RG3’s arm for any of you comparison guys..
Defense needs to come up big. Offense needs to be efficient. This will be like a playoff game. Go Browns!
Note. You’re incorrect. The Browns were never taken to Baltimore
Note. You’re incorrect. The Browns were never taken to Baltimore
Correct- some former Browns players went to Baltimore, some equipment, and Modell. That's about it.
-
Oh, a little pregame OT levity. Was watching the Lions- Packers game (brother in law is a big Lions fan). Green Bay getting smoked. Got back and saw something- "wow, I've never seen Rodgers miss a wide open receiver that badly". Next, play big sack- except it wasn't Rodgers- IT WAS DESHONE KIZER!!!!

-
Yeah....I don't think so. I HOPE so, but I don't think so, Lmao.
If we somehow win, it'll be somewhat closer to our first game. Not quite 12-9, but more towards that realm.
My biggest hope is Lamar gives us a couple gifts. While he can definitely throw the ball, he almost ALWAYS has a few errant throws that can be picked. If he misses high over the middle, like on their read-option slant, we need to make them pay.
Jackson has fumbled in every single game he has played.......so yeah, the Browns have to get those turnovers.
Jackson has fumbled in every single game he has played.......so yeah, the Browns have to get those turnovers.
Could work both ways. big pre-draft worry of mine was Bake's ball security in pocket. He's still scary & being tested today should help his progress..trenches, in 1st 10 mins. should be crazy good..
I'm curious to see how the Kitchens offense looks against this kind of pressure. Kitchens is pretty forward thinking, and he just may have a solid plan of attack (like he normally does).
Jig, am looking for the whole bag of trick plays as Landry's triple reverse last week..fake punts, onside kicks..am all good on any of it
let's close this thing out with some fun stuff..when needed..
-
Kizer being boo’d off the field in Lambeau while Mike Pettine’s defense is this close to quitting.
The Packers are going full Cleveland.
-
Did or didnt callowsy get pulled in by the DB on that int?
-
Gotta stay with Jackson kn that zone read. Guy was in perfect position but stayed with the rb for some reason.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login