Skip to content

I am devastated the season has ended

The Browns Board
42 20 849 1
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #17

    What Dorsey did with Shelton shows how he sees the NFL today. Those type of guys aren’t versatile enough to warrant being picked so high. I was against trading him btw, and I was wrong  

    You don’t pick players like that in the first any more, they only play around 30% of the snaps  

  • What Dorsey did with Shelton shows how he sees the NFL today. Those type of guys aren’t versatile enough to warrant being picked so high. I was against trading him btw, and I was wrong  

    You don’t pick players like that in the first any more, they only play around 30% of the snaps  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @londonbrown said:

    What Dorsey did with Shelton shows how he sees the NFL today. Those type of guys aren’t versatile enough to warrant being picked so high. I was against trading him btw, and I was wrong  

    You don’t pick players like that in the first any more, they only play around 30% of the snaps  

    All picks that high should be based around the passing game. It is a passing league. 

    A run stuffer that plays 2 or less downs isn't that valuable.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hate to quote myself- but Browns locked in at pick #17 in April.... 

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nickers said:

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    This is....very stupid

  • @nickers said:

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    This is....very stupid

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    This is....very stupid

    So are you.. Thanks for playing...

  • @mld-woody said:

    This is....very stupid

    So are you.. Thanks for playing...

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    So are you.. Thanks for playing...

    Oh yeah, I remember when Cribbs was drafted in the first round to play QB...

  • @hoorta said:

    Hate to quote myself- but Browns locked in at pick #17 in April.... 

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    Cribbs? Yeah, that's the #1 name people think of when watching Lamar play. 

    image.png.ed742c4e0b89f45333b703a60175b326.png

    image.png.9524d0f772509a60c4a616fe601fa5b6.png

  • @nickers said:

    So are you.. Thanks for playing...

    Oh yeah, I remember when Cribbs was drafted in the first round to play QB...

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #23

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh yeah, I remember when Cribbs was drafted in the first round to play QB...

    You apparently missed the correlation.. Since your too stupid to figure it out on your own.. They're both WildDawg QB's..  Does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Lamar to me is vick without the battleship cannon posing as a human arm. 

  • If Devin White or Josh Allen fall, you take them in a second..

    There are a lot more DT/DE who will be available at that spot.  Time for us to start drafting whoever falls and not reach like Hue had us doing..

    DT may not be sexy, but neither is giving up 300yds rushing in December.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @unsympathetic said:

    DT may not be sexy, but neither is giving up 300yds rushing in December.

    ^^^^^^^omg this. 

  • Lamar to me is vick without the battleship cannon posing as a human arm. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @clevfan4life said:

    Lamar to me is vick without the battleship cannon posing as a human arm. 

    He is nowhere near as good as Vick

    Vick had a cannon of an arm and was probably the fastest player in the league

    Vick also had the normal QB ability to hit open recievers. Jackson has an unorthodox motion. And zero ability to hit guys in stride

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    If the ratturds keep Jackson.  They will be looking for another QB in 2 years

  • @hoorta said:

    As someone said way back- The future's so bright- I gotta wear shades".

    Jackson will not survive an entire season running that much. Browns WILL pick up an interior run stuffer in the off season. 

    Hate to quote myself- but Browns locked in at pick #17 in April.... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    Hate to quote myself- but Browns locked in at pick #17 in April.... 

    "Locked in?"

    Ain't no such thing for a GM that wheeled and dealed to land Mahomes.

  • If the ratturds keep Jackson.  They will be looking for another QB in 2 years

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @browns149 said:

    If the ratturds keep Jackson.  They will be looking for another QB in 2 years

    True. Once its solved, that scheme goes to shit. First defensive front next season that doesnt let the ravens o line manhandle them and holds their gap responsibility, will likely shit all over this latest read option incarnation. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh yeah, I remember when Cribbs was drafted in the first round to play QB...

    You apparently missed the correlation.. Since your too stupid to figure it out on your own.. They're both WildDawg QB's..  Does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #30

    @nickers said:

    You apparently missed the correlation.. Since your too stupid to figure it out on your own.. They're both WildDawg QB's..  Does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

    You "correlated" them. Sure.

    Jackson as an NFL QB to Cribbs as an NFL QB .... Go ahead and "correlate" Jerry Rice and Corey Coleman...

    I get what you were doing. You're just incorrect. Or so simple that you can't distinguish between Cribbs and Jackson. 

  • @nickers said:

    You apparently missed the correlation.. Since your too stupid to figure it out on your own.. They're both WildDawg QB's..  Does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

    You "correlated" them. Sure.

    Jackson as an NFL QB to Cribbs as an NFL QB .... Go ahead and "correlate" Jerry Rice and Corey Coleman...

    I get what you were doing. You're just incorrect. Or so simple that you can't distinguish between Cribbs and Jackson. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mld-woody said:

    You "correlated" them. Sure.

    Jackson as an NFL QB to Cribbs as an NFL QB .... Go ahead and "correlate" Jerry Rice and Corey Coleman...

    I get what you were doing. You're just incorrect. Or so simple that you can't distinguish between Cribbs and Jackson. 

    DUH No shit sherlock... its not about being correct you dum dum...

  • @mld-woody said:

    You "correlated" them. Sure.

    Jackson as an NFL QB to Cribbs as an NFL QB .... Go ahead and "correlate" Jerry Rice and Corey Coleman...

    I get what you were doing. You're just incorrect. Or so simple that you can't distinguish between Cribbs and Jackson. 

    DUH No shit sherlock... its not about being correct you dum dum...

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @nickers said:

    DUH No shit sherlock... its not about being correct you dum dum...

    It's clearly not about being correct lol

  • @nickers said:

    DUH No shit sherlock... its not about being correct you dum dum...

    It's clearly not about being correct lol

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mld-woody said:

    It's clearly not about being correct lol

    Grab a beer and chill.. We'll have plenty enough to grapple with in the upcoming off season..

  • @browns149 said:

    John Dorsey has picked at the top of the draft. He’s also picked in the middle 

    He’s a proven talent evaluator 

    Yep, I'll ride with his choices all day over what some of our fans think..... should be a fun offseason. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, I'll ride with his choices all day over what some of our fans think..... should be a fun offseason. 

    Let draft day on the Browns Board begin. LOL!?

    I'll take LSU LB White for $200 Alex.?

  • @hoorta said:

    Hate to quote myself- but Browns locked in at pick #17 in April.... 

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @nickers said:

    We basically lost to Josh Cribbs 2.0.. Let that sink in a second.. PATHETIC!

    We lost to the refs! Chew on that

  • I want to watch these guys every week for the next three months all over again but instead I suppose I will look positively and say I cannot wait until next year

    It's been a blast since Hue left and having to wait nine months to see just how good Baker can be pretty much sucks

    This team wins the AFC North next year, BANK IT

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @londonbrown said:

    I want to watch these guys every week for the next three months all over again but instead I suppose I will look positively and say I cannot wait until next year

    It's been a blast since Hue left and having to wait nine months to see just how good Baker can be pretty much sucks

    This team wins the AFC North next year, BANK IT

    I love this post and I feel the exact same way, and without reading everyone else's posts yet, I'm guessing they feel the same way. It's the most fun I've had watching this team in forever, and I love how we fought all game, and all season. What a freaking ride. I thought we had just enough magic for one last win, but we just didn't. What a game, what a season. And let me tell you something else, for all the people that said we needed some new WRs (ahem, me), those guys answered the bell starting weeks ago, they put it on the line every game and made plays for their team. 

    Now, I should let this go, but I'm probably going to mention it in every post for the next month, and that's the absolute FURY I felt for getting yet ANOTHER defensive TD called back because officials can't do their job. There is NO BENEFIT OF BLOWING THE WHISTLE there. If Lamar scored the TD, they would have discovered it on replay. We would've had the first replay in NFL history where one play was an offensive TD, and the other was a defensive TD. There was NO BENEFIT to blow it dead. None. Each team would have had a fair shot at a score if the ref just did his EFFING JOB. It's hurts even more because it's the second time it's happened to us in a close game, and it takes away not only a chance to win this game, but a special play for our defense and Peppers. A play Peppers would have forever. A ball he'd probably keep in his house and treasure. An electric goal line stand against a division rival where we took the ball and scored on THEM. I actually had to leave the Tavern because I was angry and I didn't want to be "that guy", as I respect you guys too much and I had to play with my daughter to calm down. 

    Yes, I'm still upset about this play. ?