Skip to content

Callaway

The Browns Board
24 17 783
  • Dude showed up BIG today. 

    Felt like a breakout game. 

    Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

    Great hands. 

    Some terrific blocks. 

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

  • If he keeps his nose clean this off season we have a really good prospect on our hands. He’s got better at almost everything since he joined and don’t forget he missed a year of college football ! 

    Its only off field stuff that can hurt him really, his ability is clear 

  • He had a good game today.  But he's disappeared in some games this year.   Still, a good rookie year for a 4th rounder. 

  • I thought wr was gonna be a major draft need, now im not so sure. Wr group has come along nicely

  • Dude showed up BIG today. 

    Felt like a breakout game. 

    Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

    Great hands. 

    Some terrific blocks. 

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    @alporcini said:

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    Tough HCs make for tough players...

    Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I thought wr was gonna be a major draft need, now im not so sure. Wr group has come along nicely

    Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

  • @alporcini said:

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    Tough HCs make for tough players...

    Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I thought wr was gonna be a major draft need, now im not so sure. Wr group has come along nicely

    Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

    Not 100% sure on this but didnt i hear romo say the ravens have the best secondary in football? I know secondary play feeds on a good pass rush obviously, but if our guys were gettin decent seperation at times on the ravens..mainly calloway and perriman....do they not qualify as speedsters? Again not really sure how fast that ravens secondary is considered to be.

  • Hopefully he doesn’t fail a drug test for weed. That’s what I’m worried about. But he has a bright future. He’s like another Antonio Brown 

  • If he keeps his nose clean this off season we have a really good prospect on our hands. He’s got better at almost everything since he joined and don’t forget he missed a year of college football ! 

    Its only off field stuff that can hurt him really, his ability is clear 

    @londonbrown said:

    If he keeps his nose clean this off season we have a really good prospect on our hands. He’s got better at almost everything since he joined and don’t forget he missed a year of college football ! 

    Its only off field stuff that can hurt him really, his ability is clear 

    This. All of this. Callaway is in stage 1 or maybe even 2 of the substance program. I think it is still stage 1, but he scares me. He's got a real chance to be great, and I'm praying for him. 

  • I suspect Baker could make even the Greg Little's of the world look like stars.

    That being said I'm pretty happy with our receiving corps of late. 

  • @alporcini said:

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    Tough HCs make for tough players...

    Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I thought wr was gonna be a major draft need, now im not so sure. Wr group has come along nicely

    Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

    @tour2ma said:

    Tough HCs make for tough players...

    Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

    Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

    When is Tyreek Hill gonna be a FA?

    https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/12/30/tyreek-hill-sets-kansas-city-chiefs-time-receiving-record/

  • Found it. 2020 after 2019 season is done. Pay the man. He blows the tops off all defenses.

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/tyreek-hill-19119/

  • Dude showed up BIG today. 

    Felt like a breakout game. 

    Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

    Great hands. 

    Some terrific blocks. 

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    @alporcini said:

    Dude showed up BIG today. 

    Felt like a breakout game. 

    Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

    Great hands. 

    Some terrific blocks. 

    In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

    He is a gem, good find by Dorsey.

    They treated yesterday as a playoff game, that is probably why he was returning kicks. We were thin at WR all year, and he was inexperienced as a returner so they probably wanted him to concentrate on offense. But I think the ball will be in his hands a LOT more next year.

    Zombo

  • Callaway's footwork has really come a long way over the course of the season.    Needs to add strength though.  Jimmy Smith straight up handled him at times yesterday.

  • Callaway's footwork has really come a long way over the course of the season.    Needs to add strength though.  Jimmy Smith straight up handled him at times yesterday.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Callaway's footwork has really come a long way over the course of the season.    Needs to add strength though.  Jimmy Smith straight up handled him at times yesterday.

    I suppose any aspect of someone’s game can and should improve over the course of a season, but l recall he was the first guy who caught one of those nifty toe touch sideline passes in a preseason game that we ended up seeing multiple times the rest of the season from Baker. I was pretty impressed by that considering his whole not playing football last year and the 1 foot vs. 2 feet rule from college to pros.

  • This off season will define Callaway. If the kid stays on the straight & narrow, he's a winner & I have a good feeling about his chances.

    Mike

  • Considering most rookies hit the "rookie wall" and how little football Callaway has actually played leading up to him being drafted by the Browns, I was impressed by how he ended the season. 

  • He has been an invaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

  • He has been an invaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

    @nero said:

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

    Real Gs move in silence like Lasagna

  • He has been an invaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

    @nero said:

    He has been an unvaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

    I know English is not your first language.   I think what you meant was an "invaluable" asset.   An "Unvaluable" asset would mean he would have little to no worth...and I know that is not what you meant.

  • @nero said:

    On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

    Real Gs move in silence like Lasagna

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Real Gs move in silence like Lasagna

    That’s pretty good. May borrow that one...