Skip to content

IMO Our def scheme sucks...

The Browns Board
165 23 3.1k
  • I like Schobert, I think he's athletic and is obviously the QB of the defense. 

    But I'd like a more physical force at MLB. Could Schobert move to one of the OLB spots? 

    @dutch-oven said:

     Could Schobert move to one of the OLB spots? 

    He did not look good out there in his first year with us. Issues setting the edge... and he played heavier... which meant his pass D was poor to boot.

  • @dutch-oven said:

     Could Schobert move to one of the OLB spots? 

    He did not look good out there in his first year with us. Issues setting the edge... and he played heavier... which meant his pass D was poor to boot.

    @tour2ma said:

    He did not look good out there in his first year with us. Issues setting the edge... and he played heavier... which meant his pass D was poor to boot.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that under Horton and thus a different role then your 'traditional " Sam backer...? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    He did not look good out there in his first year with us. Issues setting the edge... and he played heavier... which meant his pass D was poor to boot.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that under Horton and thus a different role then your 'traditional " Sam backer...? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that under Horton and thus a different role then your 'traditional " Sam backer...? 

    You are correct... Horton's "3-4" was our D in Joe's rookie year so role was different.

    However as the "coverage" OLB in Ray's scheme (Collins arrived to fill the rushing OLB role) there are similar demands. So extrapolating/projecting his performance is not unreasonable.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that under Horton and thus a different role then your 'traditional " Sam backer...? 

    You are correct... Horton's "3-4" was our D in Joe's rookie year so role was different.

    However as the "coverage" OLB in Ray's scheme (Collins arrived to fill the rushing OLB role) there are similar demands. So extrapolating/projecting his performance is not unreasonable.

    @tour2ma said:

    You are correct... Horton's "3-4" was our D in Joe's rookie year so role was different.

    However as the "coverage" OLB in Ray's scheme (Collins arrived to fill the rushing OLB role) there are similar demands. So extrapolating/projecting his performance is not unreasonable.

    Not unreasonable but worth mentioning Joe had adjusted to the weight loss and coverage responsibilities better the last couple years in his growth.      While history isn't on his side,  doesn't mean he'll struggle like a rookie when he's a 4th year pro.   

    ...  I wonder how Devin White would look on the outside?   ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    You are correct... Horton's "3-4" was our D in Joe's rookie year so role was different.

    However as the "coverage" OLB in Ray's scheme (Collins arrived to fill the rushing OLB role) there are similar demands. So extrapolating/projecting his performance is not unreasonable.

    Not unreasonable but worth mentioning Joe had adjusted to the weight loss and coverage responsibilities better the last couple years in his growth.      While history isn't on his side,  doesn't mean he'll struggle like a rookie when he's a 4th year pro.   

    ...  I wonder how Devin White would look on the outside?   ?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not unreasonable but worth mentioning Joe had adjusted to the weight loss and coverage responsibilities better the last couple years in his growth.      While history isn't on his side,  doesn't mean he'll struggle like a rookie when he's a 4th year pro.   

    ...  I wonder how Devin White would look on the outside?   ?

    Never waste the talent of an inside destroyer on OLB!?

    Actually he is an inside out destroyer since he can clog the middle AND run down RBs going either way outside. Just a great player.