Skip to content

2019 season depend on new coach.

The Browns Board
13 6 315
  • @lbc-mike said:

    It realizes on the best coach.  New coach will come with a learning curve.  Usually takes 2-3 seasons.  Are we be set up for disappointment again next be year?  We are not restraining Williams and Kitchens is the next new coaches decision.

    Four wins with new coaches next year.

    Same staff 8.

    Like switching coaches mid season and the losing stops? The right coach tends to show an immediate turnaround 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Like switching coaches mid season and the losing stops? The right coach tends to show an immediate turnaround 

    And yet he's right there before our eyes. Who was in charge of this immediate Browns turnaround? And why would we need to risk that for another who may or may not continue the turnaround? Given the last 20 years I think I would "dance with the one who brung us"-DK Royal.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Like switching coaches mid season and the losing stops? The right coach tends to show an immediate turnaround 

    And yet he's right there before our eyes. Who was in charge of this immediate Browns turnaround? And why would we need to risk that for another who may or may not continue the turnaround? Given the last 20 years I think I would "dance with the one who brung us"-DK Royal.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @texasag1969 said:

    And yet he's right there before our eyes. Who was in charge of this immediate Browns turnaround? And why would we need to risk that for another who may or may not continue the turnaround? Given the last 20 years I think I would "dance with the one who brung us"-DK Royal.

    Dorsey said he will cast a wide net for the next HC. He never once said that he would not hire GW. What? Can’t you guys handle a man of his word? Sheesh!

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #6

    We already have a squad of young players who have gained some valuable confidence..

    Last night I was thinking: promote OC Kitchens to HC

    Gregg Williams back to DC..

    find OC?

  • We already have a squad of young players who have gained some valuable confidence..

    Last night I was thinking: promote OC Kitchens to HC

    Gregg Williams back to DC..

    find OC?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    We already have a squad of young players who have gained some valuable confidence..

    Last night I was thinking: promote OC Kitchens to HC

    Gregg Williams back to DC..

    find OC?

    I’ll stick with Dorsey

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And yet he's right there before our eyes. Who was in charge of this immediate Browns turnaround? And why would we need to risk that for another who may or may not continue the turnaround? Given the last 20 years I think I would "dance with the one who brung us"-DK Royal.

    Dorsey said he will cast a wide net for the next HC. He never once said that he would not hire GW. What? Can’t you guys handle a man of his word? Sheesh!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dorsey said he will cast a wide net for the next HC. He never once said that he would not hire GW. What? Can’t you guys handle a man of his word? Sheesh!

    I was speaking for myself there,  not Dorsey. I would have only fulfilled the interviewing requirements of the league, but pretty much have Williams as the guy to beat out of the job. And who knows, maybe he's on the same page.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dorsey said he will cast a wide net for the next HC. He never once said that he would not hire GW. What? Can’t you guys handle a man of his word? Sheesh!

    I was speaking for myself there,  not Dorsey. I would have only fulfilled the interviewing requirements of the league, but pretty much have Williams as the guy to beat out of the job. And who knows, maybe he's on the same page.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    I was speaking for myself there,  not Dorsey. I would have only fulfilled the interviewing requirements of the league, but pretty much have Williams as the guy to beat out of the job. And who knows, maybe he's on the same page.

    That’s it too. It’s all pure speculation 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I was speaking for myself there,  not Dorsey. I would have only fulfilled the interviewing requirements of the league, but pretty much have Williams as the guy to beat out of the job. And who knows, maybe he's on the same page.

    That’s it too. It’s all pure speculation 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    That’s it too. It’s all pure speculation 

    The money grabbers in Vegas have GW as the favorite. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    We already have a squad of young players who have gained some valuable confidence..

    Last night I was thinking: promote OC Kitchens to HC

    Gregg Williams back to DC..

    find OC?

    I’ll stick with Dorsey

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’ll stick with Dorsey

    Ya me too

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I"m glad he's interviewing a lot of people.  He hasn't said much at all since the season ended.   May as well talk to as many people as possible and explore all the possibilities. 

  • I"m glad he's interviewing a lot of people.  He hasn't said much at all since the season ended.   May as well talk to as many people as possible and explore all the possibilities. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @mark-o said:

    I"m glad he's interviewing a lot of people.  He hasn't said much at all since the season ended.   May as well talk to as many people as possible and explore all the possibilities. 

    As I understand it, that’s been the plan all along. And he feels it would be dis service to all if he didn’t follow through on that plan. Nothing says we don’t stand pat.