Skip to content

Nick Chubb highest graded RB...per PFF

The Browns Board
37 18 1.2k
  • @gumby73 said:

    I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

    Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

    Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

    One more thing about Chubb. His wiggle and vision were infinitely beyond what I expected. And we also figured out that he's got the extra gear. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

    Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

    good luck with that. I'll never forget going to my daughters 11th rolling skating birthday party. We hit the floor in under 3 minutes she cuts in front of me at gaining burning speed. Do i collide or the spin a ram'a? Well the choice was the never before done spinning Salchow 😕. Well I landed it! but never came out of my locked up twisted pelvis position for weeks, that i still get a doc to snap in place after 10 years. Back Surgery? No Thanks! anywho, i think i found something on it..And i think he refused to showup Day 2 also.. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington        

  • I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

    @gumby73 said:

    I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

    A bunch of off-the-field stuff. He was late to a lot of meetings with teams. He claimed to be asked if he was either homosexual or homophobic at draft combine interviews and when the NFL investigated it they couldn't find anyone asking any such questions. So a lot of teams were just afraid he was going to be a headache. But once he fell far enough the talent available at that draft position outweighed the chance for headache I guess

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

    Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

    good luck with that. I'll never forget going to my daughters 11th rolling skating birthday party. We hit the floor in under 3 minutes she cuts in front of me at gaining burning speed. Do i collide or the spin a ram'a? Well the choice was the never before done spinning Salchow 😕. Well I landed it! but never came out of my locked up twisted pelvis position for weeks, that i still get a doc to snap in place after 10 years. Back Surgery? No Thanks! anywho, i think i found something on it..And i think he refused to showup Day 2 also.. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington        

    @gumby73 said:

    good luck with that. I'll never forget going to my daughters 11th rolling skating birthday party. We hit the floor in under 3 minutes she cuts in front of me at gaining burning speed. Do i collide or the spin a ram'a? Well the choice was the never before done spinning Salchow 😕. Well I landed it! but never came out of my locked up twisted pelvis position for weeks, that i still get a doc to snap in place after 10 years. Back Surgery? No Thanks! anywho, i think i found something on it..And i think he refused to showup Day 2 also.. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington        

    Don't get me started on roller skating parties. 3 years ago my daughter had one, and within 5 minutes, one of her friends almost killed me. Like, literally. I was an avid skater, and I was warming up, starting to really hit the gas, and the unthinkable happened. One of my daughter's friends dropped a glowstick, one little item no more than 4 inches long. As I come around the bend, cross-skating to pick up speed, my outside skate SOMEHOW finds the glowstick. The glowstick doesn't just skitter away, oh no. It somehow wedged itself perfectly in between the wheels and totally locked them up. It immediately catapulted me straight up into the air, and the last thing I remembered thinking before hitting the ground was, "OMFG. I'm dying at a skating party."  I hit the floor with the the force of a 10k megaton nuke, and the entire party came running over to me. I survived, although I almost killed the kid who dropped the glowstick, but suffice to say, skating is now OUT for me. Lmao. 

  • Since im predicting a "deep" playoff run next year....id like to see us pick up another power back to spell chubb for a few games next year so we have him near 100% for the playoffs

  • @gumby73 said:

    I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

    Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

    Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

    One more thing about Chubb. His wiggle and vision were infinitely beyond what I expected. And we also figured out that he's got the extra gear. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    . No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind.

    God, how I miss playing quality Vball...

    Fell in love with the game playing in a Power league at the Painesville YMCA back in the early 70's that was run and coached by a former Olympian. Played right there's no more beautifully choreographed game.

    My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    . No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind.

    God, how I miss playing quality Vball...

    Fell in love with the game playing in a Power league at the Painesville YMCA back in the early 70's that was run and coached by a former Olympian. Played right there's no more beautifully choreographed game.

    My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

    @tour2ma said:

    My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

    Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

    Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. ?

    Didn't have any tape... 😉

    ... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. 🙂

    I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

    Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

    Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

    I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. ?

    Didn't have any tape... 😉

    ... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. 🙂

    I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

    Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

    Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

    I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

    @tour2ma said:

    Didn't have any tape... 😉

    ... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. 🙂

    I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

    Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

    Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

    I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

    It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Didn't have any tape... 😉

    ... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. 🙂

    I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

    Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

    Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

    I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

    It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! ?

    I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! ?

    I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!?

    Who was this?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!?

    Who was this?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who was this?

    Tommy Maxwell - taken 51 overall, back then he played with 3 of the best defensive backfields in the NFL. Very hard to break in though he played a lot at CB in the SB win. Really great guy who now runs a coaches Christian based spiritual counseling service in Texas.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Maxwell

  •  Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games..

    is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

  •  Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games..

    is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

     Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games..

    is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

    Obviously couldn’t take it from Barkley. Even though the homer in me says Chubb is a better tailback. Pretty sure Bfield is a lock 

  • Chubb had a very good rookie campaign but PFF numbers are sabremeticians' wet dreams and not much more

  • Chubb had a very good rookie campaign but PFF numbers are sabremeticians' wet dreams and not much more

    @baconhound said:

    Chubb had a very good rookie campaign but PFF numbers are sabremeticians' wet dreams and not much more

    Yards after contact is a legit stat that Chubb lead the league in..

  • @baconhound said:

    Chubb had a very good rookie campaign but PFF numbers are sabremeticians' wet dreams and not much more

    Yards after contact is a legit stat that Chubb lead the league in..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yards after contact is a legit stat that Chubb lead the league in..

    lead the rookie* class of rb's. finished 3rd or 4th in total league did he not? 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yards after contact is a legit stat that Chubb lead the league in..

    lead the rookie* class of rb's. finished 3rd or 4th in total league did he not? 

    @gumby73 said:

    lead the rookie* class of rb's. finished 3rd or 4th in total league did he not? 

    Maybe that’s correct. But I think he had the highest average after contact average

  •  Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games..

    is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

     Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games.. is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

    He has no shot...

    Any consideration he gets splits "the Browns' vote" with Baker and Saquon in his big market waltzes to the title.

    While I'd favor Baker, it's hard to argue than Saquon is undeserving...

    All-Purpose Yds
    1. Saquon Barkley • NYG 2028
    2. Ezekiel Elliott • DAL 2001
    3. Christian McCaffrey • CAR 1965
    4. Tyreek Hill • KAN 1843
    5. Todd Gurley • LAR 1831
    6. Alvin Kamara • NOR 1800
    7. Julio Jones • ATL 1689
    8. Tyler Lockett • SEA 1670
    9. Tarik Cohen • CHI 1599
    10. Andre Roberts • NYJ 1597
  • Posted in the Eagles Gameday thread 8/24.     Sometimes you just gotta toot your own horn.     Take a guess what become more prevalent when Freddie took over the offense?  (Hint, it was the outside zone)

    - "I'm ging off practice and pre-season, just like the coaches.     Again, to further this point - I believe Chubb can (and should) show out better.  Right now he needs some attention to the fundamentals which I'm sure he will be getting an earful of this week.

    Just going off his eyes and when his stance is square and feet not moving, he came off the initial read late and stopped his feet.  To me, this would say my RB's eyes and footwork are out of sync.    I'm also seeing some evidence of Chubb simply sprinting to the line on these interior gap runs BUT, on some of the zone and lateral work we do from the gun he is more likely to find the crease because I believe that lateral step forces him to slow down just a tad and gives him the ability to find his gap.      check it out a few plays before @ 3:25.    Get back to me because I would LOVE to hear an opinion as well thought out as mine thus far." - 

     
  • PFF most recent mockdraft has us getting Wilkins from clemson.. I don't disagree, even with Devin White still on the board.

    Fun fact I had never heard before: Ogunjobi and Garrett were #1 and #2 in the league in DL snaps in 2018.  We can't run our young guys into the ground like that..

    It'd be nice to be able to get White, but the staff wouldn't play Og/Garrett so many snaps if they had confidence in literally any other warm body on the roster.  Because they don't think we have enough NFL talent elsewhere, we need more DL.