Skip to content

Browns Uniform.. One Man's Vision

The Browns Board
24 14 1.0k 1
  • Love the blood orange uni's. 

  • I literally just watched this video! For those who don't have time to watch the entire thing, his solution is to go back to Butch Davis era "alternate uniforms". These were actually pretty nice, and they were the the orange jersey with white pants, white jerseys with orange pants (I think), and I forget the 3rd. I'll see if I can find pics. Btw, love the color rush jersey, and players do too. 

     PREVIOUS

    Screenshot_20190105-105140_Chrome.jpg

  • It’s asscociated with the worst period, but also with the best period, the franchise QB was found.

  • It’s asscociated with the worst period, but also with the best period, the franchise QB was found.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    It’s asscociated with the worst period, but also with the best period, the franchise QB was found.

    I remember being so pissed about the Carson Wentz ordeal, and us passing on him. When he was playing at mvp level before getting hurt and we were losing every game, I thought I'd go nuts. Now, I still believe Wentz will be extremely successful, but I literally can't think of a QB I'd want to have more than Baker Mayfield. Yes, his antics will probably grate on my nerves from time to time, but I absolutely love this kid. His attitude, ability, and how he just seems to fit in with our city. 

    I certainly would love some new uniforms. Kind of like how the Bucs and Patriots rebranded themselves. We're a tougher nut to crack because of our history, nostalgia, and also because orange and brown aren't exactly the easiest colors to work with. But I have faith that some dope dudds are coming our way. 

  • Cant beleive u guys dont like the dark brown pants with the dark orange jerseys. Some my fav uni of all time in any sport

  • Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

    Oy...

  • Cant beleive u guys dont like the dark brown pants with the dark orange jerseys. Some my fav uni of all time in any sport

    @clevfan4life said:

    Cant beleive u guys dont like the dark brown pants with the dark orange jerseys. Some my fav uni of all time in any sport

    Just No 

  • The brown on brown rush jerseys, those are ?

  • We currently have awful uniforms.  We used to have nice uni's.

  • Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

    Oy...

    @tour2ma said:

    Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

    Oy...

    Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

  • Cheerleaders. 

    The current uniforms blow

  • @tour2ma said:

    Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

    Oy...

    Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

    @hoorta said:

    Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

    What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

    ?

  • @hoorta said:

    Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

    What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

    ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

    ?

    A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  🙂  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

    ?

    A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  🙂  

    And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. ?

  • just make the color rush unis the home unis full time and I will be good. Those are the best uniforms the browns have had in a long time

  • Iam a long time BROWNS fan, I like the late 70's early 80's uniforms with the orange pants. In 2004 this team wore 2 different styles of pants, ones with 2 brown stripes and one orange stripe in the middle, the other was similar to these pants, only the stripes were thinner and a white space between the brown and orange. Those two styles I liked. The only issue I have with the current jerseys are the numbers. They should be white with the brown jersey and orange jersey. Brown numbers with the white jersey.

  • @hoorta said:

    A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  🙂  

    And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. ?

    Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.

  • We currently have awful uniforms.  We used to have nice uni's.

    @orion said:

    We currently have awful uniforms.  We used to have nice uni's.

    What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers unis have changed very little recently. Leave it to Nike to want to make a buck. I was forced to buy a new jersey this year, because my old one was falling apart. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    It’s asscociated with the worst period, but also with the best period, the franchise QB was found.

    I remember being so pissed about the Carson Wentz ordeal, and us passing on him. When he was playing at mvp level before getting hurt and we were losing every game, I thought I'd go nuts. Now, I still believe Wentz will be extremely successful, but I literally can't think of a QB I'd want to have more than Baker Mayfield. Yes, his antics will probably grate on my nerves from time to time, but I absolutely love this kid. His attitude, ability, and how he just seems to fit in with our city. 

    I certainly would love some new uniforms. Kind of like how the Bucs and Patriots rebranded themselves. We're a tougher nut to crack because of our history, nostalgia, and also because orange and brown aren't exactly the easiest colors to work with. But I have faith that some dope dudds are coming our way. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I certainly would love some new uniforms. Kind of like how the Bucs and Patriots rebranded themselves. We're a tougher nut to crack because of our history, nostalgia, and also because orange and brown aren't exactly the easiest colors to work with. But I have faith that some dope dudds are coming our way. 

    Just my 2 cents, but those 2 teams butchered their uniforms. Buccaneer Bruce and Pat Patriot were great.

    Now many argue, like this guy in the video about the current Browns unis, that Buccaneer Bruce= 0-26, and they wanted to flush the "creamsicle" uniform from existence. Now, you have an enlarged pirate flag on a helmet with goofy pewter, about 4 different colors....no thanks.

    The Patriots red uniforms, with Jim Plunkett and Steve Grogan, & Russ Francis was a classic. Their "new" blue ones are not obnoxious, but the helmet is not nearly as good as the old one IMHO. 

    The NFL mandates "tweaks" to every teams uniform every 5 years I believe. It's part of their unbelievable marketing skill (and monopoly). I think I read that NFL gear sold at team shops, online, etc. helps benefit their retired players pension fund. 

    Regarding Browns, I happen to be a fan of the orange tops, but they haven't worn them since 2016. The word "Browns" on the pants was truly dumb, but I could live with the "Cleveland" on the tops.

    Overall  I'd have to agree that when they implemented these uniforms a couple seasons ago, and stated they had something like 9 uniform combos it was silly. Then they only used 3, maybe 4 combos. 

    Brown tops, white numbers, classic stripes on the sleeves. Reverse it on the white jerseys. Throw in the occasional orange top and brown color rush for the alternate uniform mandates by the NFL, that's all we need.....wait , we NEED MORE WINS AND A SUPERBOWL 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. ?

    Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.

    You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.?