Skip to content

Wild Card Weekend Chat

The Browns Board
201 23 4.0k
  • Yep, why pay for good kickers anyhow. 

  • There is our boy Cody Parkey Mr. doink

    @the-gipper said:

    There is our boy Cody Parkey now Mr. doink-doink

    fify 😐 ..I don't want to see them ticked off Bears till our SB game next season..good luck NFC (#1 defense gotta make 1 late stop at home..nope !) Final Eagles 16-15

  • Pulled a Gonzalez for the Bears.

  • Pulled a Gonzalez for the Bears.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Pulled a Gonzalez for the Bears.

    Looked like a bad snap to me.

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Pulled a Gonzalez for the Bears.

    Looked like a bad snap to me.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Looked like a bad snap to me.

    WSS

    snap looked ok, imo. little wopple on hold early, but got it down maybe a tick late. may have caused foot on ball to pull a tad left..game of inches & split seconds..crazy way to end a season

  • @westside-steve said:

    Looked like a bad snap to me.

    WSS

    snap looked ok, imo. little wopple on hold early, but got it down maybe a tick late. may have caused foot on ball to pull a tad left..game of inches & split seconds..crazy way to end a season

    @gumby73 said:

    snap looked ok, imo. little wopple on hold early, but got it down maybe a tick late. may have caused foot on ball to pull a tad left..game of inches & split seconds..crazy way to end a season

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

  • @gumby73 said:

    snap looked ok, imo. little wopple on hold early, but got it down maybe a tick late. may have caused foot on ball to pull a tad left..game of inches & split seconds..crazy way to end a season

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    @texasag1969 said:

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    I'd have to ask zombo or T but i think he doinked 1 or 2 down in Mia. when they went, maybe gip went too?..I'd check for magnet residue on them steel lace holes😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    I'd have to ask zombo or T but i think he doinked 1 or 2 down in Mia. when they went, maybe gip went too?..I'd check for magnet residue on them steel lace holes😉

    @gumby73 said:

    I'd have to ask zombo or T but i think he doinked 1 or 2 down in Mia. when they went, maybe gip went too?..I'd check for magnet residue on them steel lace holes😉

    Not me no

  • @gumby73 said:

    snap looked ok, imo. little wopple on hold early, but got it down maybe a tick late. may have caused foot on ball to pull a tad left..game of inches & split seconds..crazy way to end a season

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    @texasag1969 said:

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    And 6 in total this season. Someone smarter than me needs to run the odds on that.

    That FG was tipped though.

  • As I said. You will see Joe Fucco.

    Black Tarkentons do what White Tarkentons do......fall flat on their face when it counts. 

    Lamar has done EVERYTHING I predicted so far...EXCEPT GET HURT. Good chance of that on Baltimores.next series as BT will try to do too much.

    @ghoolie said:

    As I said. You will see Joe Fucco.

    Black Tarkentons do what White Tarkentons do......fall flat on their face when it counts. 

    Lamar has done EVERYTHING I predicted so far...EXCEPT GET HURT. Good chance of that on Baltimores.next series as BT will try to do too much.

    Was worried Tom. Chargers went into the "prevent victory" defense too soon. Play tight coverage all game, and they lay 10 yards off WRs to eat clock. Damn lucky Lamar hangs the ball out like a loaf of bread. 

    @londonbrown said:

    You have to feel for the Bears fans there my god what a way for their season to finish 

    Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL.   

  • Bears fault for going cheap on a kicker

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The shame of it is that he had 4 donks in one game this season. How do you even do that?

    And 6 in total this season. Someone smarter than me needs to run the odds on that.

    That FG was tipped though.

    @jrb12711 said:

    That FG was tipped though.

    just saw the highlight ? that the tv media was still missing, till now..promote that guy to the replay booth..please..

  • @ghoolie said:

    As I said. You will see Joe Fucco.

    Black Tarkentons do what White Tarkentons do......fall flat on their face when it counts. 

    Lamar has done EVERYTHING I predicted so far...EXCEPT GET HURT. Good chance of that on Baltimores.next series as BT will try to do too much.

    Was worried Tom. Chargers went into the "prevent victory" defense too soon. Play tight coverage all game, and they lay 10 yards off WRs to eat clock. Damn lucky Lamar hangs the ball out like a loaf of bread. 

    @londonbrown said:

    You have to feel for the Bears fans there my god what a way for their season to finish 

    Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL.   

    @hoorta said:

    Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL.   

    Yea after Clueless made it a longer FG attempt but TAKING A KNEE to run down the last 15-25 seconds. He had gotten signed to the team that week as well.

    but yea, he choked. You could feel it coming after the freeze timeout 

  • @hoorta said:

    Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL.   

    Yea after Clueless made it a longer FG attempt but TAKING A KNEE to run down the last 15-25 seconds. He had gotten signed to the team that week as well.

    but yea, he choked. You could feel it coming after the freeze timeout 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yea after Clueless made it a longer FG attempt but TAKING A KNEE to run down the last 15-25 seconds. He had gotten signed to the team that week as well.

    but yea, he choked. You could feel it coming after the freeze timeout 

    A smart kicker with a past history of doinks would have kept a ball ready in the warmup area and run over there during the TO to take a couple more warmups. You have to anticipate that is what the other team's HC is going to do.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yea after Clueless made it a longer FG attempt but TAKING A KNEE to run down the last 15-25 seconds. He had gotten signed to the team that week as well.

    but yea, he choked. You could feel it coming after the freeze timeout 

    A smart kicker with a past history of doinks would have kept a ball ready in the warmup area and run over there during the TO to take a couple more warmups. You have to anticipate that is what the other team's HC is going to do.

    @texasag1969 said:

    A smart kicker with a past history of doinks would have kept a ball ready in the warmup area and run over there during the TO to take a couple more warmups. You have to anticipate that is what the other team's HC is going to do.

    I’m not arguing that, that’s probably what I’d do anytime somebody tried to freeze me lol

  • Good kickers don’t get froze out

  • @ghoolie said:

    As I said. You will see Joe Fucco.

    Black Tarkentons do what White Tarkentons do......fall flat on their face when it counts. 

    Lamar has done EVERYTHING I predicted so far...EXCEPT GET HURT. Good chance of that on Baltimores.next series as BT will try to do too much.

    Was worried Tom. Chargers went into the "prevent victory" defense too soon. Play tight coverage all game, and they lay 10 yards off WRs to eat clock. Damn lucky Lamar hangs the ball out like a loaf of bread. 

    @londonbrown said:

    You have to feel for the Bears fans there my god what a way for their season to finish 

    Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL.   

    @hoorta said:

    <<Was worried Tom. Chargers went into the "prevent victory" defense too soon. Play tight coverage all game, and they lay 10 yards off WRs to eat clock. Damn lucky Lamar hangs the ball out like a loaf of bread.>> 

    Horrible. Rivers should have been allowed to keep gunning. The vast majority of NFL coaches are cowards when they have a lead. THey are so afraid of giving up a big play, they instead give away 50 minutes of momentum and allow the other team to rise from the dead. The Ravens suck dick. Jackson sucks dick. They got luck agianst us, it won't happen again.

    I kept telling my wife, there is NO WAY a Black Tarkenton engineers 3 come from behind TD drives. I told her, watch, this dumb bastard

    <<Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL. >>

    Larry, I understand the higher miss percentage on extra points, with the ball coming back. I kind of like that element of uncertainty, It does make comparing the kickers of yesteryear (Groza, Mosely, Cockroft) with today's guys. But doesn't it seem like we are seeing more blocked AND missed field goals than ever since we have been watching?

    Maybe we will see a return to the straight on kicker? I never understood the soccer style kick. Do they still kick with their toe? I used to feel about soccer kickers the same way I do about Black Tarkentons. Many, run-first TUA has me enjoyhing the playoff weekend an extra day. 

    The Buckeyes had a weird year, but they are a better team than Alabama.

    Of course, now let's see if Clemson goes into the tank and lets these assholes back in.

    9
  • I'd never in a million years think true freshman to true freshman could beat the entire Bama defense.  Ladies and gentlemen, trevor lawrence and justyn ross.. at this point it's 44-16 Clemson with 12:17 left in the 4th.  And I'd never in a million years think bama was actually going to run on that front at 1st and goal when they got there via the pass.

    Bears cut Robbie Gould in 2015 who has gone 82/85 since.

  • @hoorta said:

    <<Was worried Tom. Chargers went into the "prevent victory" defense too soon. Play tight coverage all game, and they lay 10 yards off WRs to eat clock. Damn lucky Lamar hangs the ball out like a loaf of bread.>> 

    Horrible. Rivers should have been allowed to keep gunning. The vast majority of NFL coaches are cowards when they have a lead. THey are so afraid of giving up a big play, they instead give away 50 minutes of momentum and allow the other team to rise from the dead. The Ravens suck dick. Jackson sucks dick. They got luck agianst us, it won't happen again.

    I kept telling my wife, there is NO WAY a Black Tarkenton engineers 3 come from behind TD drives. I told her, watch, this dumb bastard

    <<Cody Parkay Margarine (melts when the heat is on)  doinked a game winner for the Browns against the Dolphins. Several of us were in attendance. Now he doinks the Bears right out of the playoffs. I think Cody has doinked his last double doink in the NFL. >>

    Larry, I understand the higher miss percentage on extra points, with the ball coming back. I kind of like that element of uncertainty, It does make comparing the kickers of yesteryear (Groza, Mosely, Cockroft) with today's guys. But doesn't it seem like we are seeing more blocked AND missed field goals than ever since we have been watching?

    Maybe we will see a return to the straight on kicker? I never understood the soccer style kick. Do they still kick with their toe? I used to feel about soccer kickers the same way I do about Black Tarkentons. Many, run-first TUA has me enjoyhing the playoff weekend an extra day. 

    The Buckeyes had a weird year, but they are a better team than Alabama.

    Of course, now let's see if Clemson goes into the tank and lets these assholes back in.

    9

    @ghoolie said:

    Maybe we will see a return to the straight on kicker? I never understood the soccer style kick. Do they still kick with their toe? I used to feel about soccer kickers the same way I do about Black Tarkentons. Many, run-first TUA has me enjoyhing the playoff weekend an extra day. 

    The Buckeyes had a weird year, but they are a better team than Alabama.

    Of course, now let's see if Clemson goes into the tank and lets these assholes back in.

    Thinking about it, with a soccer style kick, you can get a better windup going int the kick. And you're hitting the ball with the side of your foot. The number of long FGs being made says you get better distance instead of straight on. 

    Buckeyes wouldn't have been able to beat Alabama, at least not without Bosa. 

    Clemson didn't much go into prevent mode. 

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd never in a million years think true freshman to true freshman could beat the entire Bama defense.  Ladies and gentlemen, trevor lawrence and justyn ross.. at this point it's 44-16 Clemson with 12:17 left in the 4th.  And I'd never in a million years think bama was actually going to run on that front at 1st and goal when they got there via the pass.

    Bears cut Robbie Gould in 2015 who has gone 82/85 since.

    Clemson positively kicked 'Bama's ass. Worst loss ever for Saban. We have our QB, but I'd take a couple of Clemson's freshmen wrs right now.  

  • @ghoolie said:

    Maybe we will see a return to the straight on kicker? I never understood the soccer style kick. Do they still kick with their toe? I used to feel about soccer kickers the same way I do about Black Tarkentons. Many, run-first TUA has me enjoyhing the playoff weekend an extra day. 

    The Buckeyes had a weird year, but they are a better team than Alabama.

    Of course, now let's see if Clemson goes into the tank and lets these assholes back in.

    Thinking about it, with a soccer style kick, you can get a better windup going int the kick. And you're hitting the ball with the side of your foot. The number of long FGs being made says you get better distance instead of straight on. 

    Buckeyes wouldn't have been able to beat Alabama, at least not without Bosa. 

    Clemson didn't much go into prevent mode. 

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd never in a million years think true freshman to true freshman could beat the entire Bama defense.  Ladies and gentlemen, trevor lawrence and justyn ross.. at this point it's 44-16 Clemson with 12:17 left in the 4th.  And I'd never in a million years think bama was actually going to run on that front at 1st and goal when they got there via the pass.

    Bears cut Robbie Gould in 2015 who has gone 82/85 since.

    Clemson positively kicked 'Bama's ass. Worst loss ever for Saban. We have our QB, but I'd take a couple of Clemson's freshmen wrs right now.  

    @hoorta said:

    Thinking about it, with a soccer style kick, you can get a better windup going int the kick. And you're hitting the ball with the side of your foot. The number of long FGs being made says you get better distance instead of straight on. 

    Buckeyes wouldn't have been able to beat Alabama, at least not without Bosa. 

    Clemson didn't much go into prevent mode. 

    Clemson positively kicked 'Bama's ass. Worst loss ever for Saban. We have our QB, but I'd take a couple of Clemson's freshmen wrs right now.  

    I was thinking the sme thing Larry. Holy mackeral.