Vice review
-
The film was far more favorable toward Chaney than I Thought it would be or thought that it should be. I thought that his depiction of Cheaneys use of power and or what you call manipulations are actually an objective view of what happens in American politics.
The film was far more favorable toward Chaney than I Thought it would be or thought that it should be. I thought that his depiction of Cheaneys use of power and or what you call manipulations are actually an objective view of what happens in American politics.
Well good for you.
WSS
-
The film was far more favorable toward Chaney than I Thought it would be or thought that it should be. I thought that his depiction of Cheaneys use of power and or what you call manipulations are actually an objective view of what happens in American politics.
Well good for you.
WSS
Well good for you.
WSS
Yes, good for me because I am aware that "political manipulation" is standard operating procedure when it comes to obtaining and exercising political power. I would not be critical of Cheney's "grab for control" that was depicted in that scene with GW Bush where he accepts the VP post with "conditions". I had absolutely no problem if in fact that is what Cheney did. The problem lies in GWB allowing him to do it.
If a hack job was done on anyone in this movie, it was on W. His drunkenness in his first scene at that party....and his fecklessness at allowing Cheney to control so much....and allowing Cheney to make many of the hard decisions. He is the guy that I thought came off looking the worst in this movie.
-
And it just boils down to who's innuendo rumor and bullshit you choose to believe. None of it has anything to do with the performances or my enjoyment of the film one way or the other. For instance I love the Star Trek movie but I don't really believe there are Klingons.
WSS
-
And it just boils down to who's innuendo rumor and bullshit you choose to believe. None of it has anything to do with the performances or my enjoyment of the film one way or the other. For instance I love the Star Trek movie but I don't really believe there are Klingons.
WSS
And it just boils down to who's innuendo rumor and bullshit you choose to believe. None of it has anything to do with the performances or my enjoyment of the film one way or the other. For instance I love the Star Trek movie but I don't really believe there are Klingons.
WSS
Nothing that I am talking about has to do with the performances, some of which were very good.
-
McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.
Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.
-
McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.
Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.
McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.
I didn't like the big short that's the point.
Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.
I thought Christian Bale was great and I like Rockwell a lot too.
WSS
-
McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.
I didn't like the big short that's the point.
Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.
I thought Christian Bale was great and I like Rockwell a lot too.
WSS
WSS
You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights
-
WSS
You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights
You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights
I saw the filmography, thanks. A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.
WSS
-
You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights
I saw the filmography, thanks. A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.
WSS
I saw the filmography, thanks. A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.
WSS
Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark
I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.
-
I saw the filmography, thanks. A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.
WSS
Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark
I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.
Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark
I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.
No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy. And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.
WSS
-
PS I hated Dumb and Dumber and I love to Strange Brew.
?
WSS
-
Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark
I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.
No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy. And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.
WSS
No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy. And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.
WSS
Fair enough. I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice. I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for. Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.
-
No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy. And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.
WSS
Fair enough. I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice. I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for. Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.
Fair enough. I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice. I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for. Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.
I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.
Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.
WSS
-
Fair enough. I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice. I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for. Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.
I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.
Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.
WSS
I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.
Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.
WSS
The same as Halloween, I'm paying attention
I don't watch many political movies, haven't seen a single Moore film not even Bowling for Columbine.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login