Skip to content

Vice review

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
16 3 802
  • McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.

    Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.

  • McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.

    Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.

    @baconhound said:

    McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.

     I didn't like the big short that's the point.

    Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.

    I thought Christian Bale was great and I like Rockwell a lot too.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    McKay wrote and directed the Big Short, great movie which won an Oscar, so you're a bit off on that.

     I didn't like the big short that's the point.

    Movie wasn't very good but the acting, although I thought Rockwell was off the mark, was very good...wasted in my opinion.

    I thought Christian Bale was great and I like Rockwell a lot too.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    WSS

    You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights

  • @westside-steve said:

    WSS

    You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights

    @baconhound said:

    You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights

    I saw the filmography, thanks.  A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    You may not have like it but Mckay's "claim to fame" is an Oscar winning film not Talledaga Nights

    I saw the filmography, thanks.  A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I saw the filmography, thanks.  A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.

    WSS

    Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark 🙂

    I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I saw the filmography, thanks.  A touch of snark. I'm always annoyed on a mediocre picture gets Raves because of political hackery. But that's the way of the world these days.

    WSS

    Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark 🙂

    I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.

    @baconhound said:

    Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark 🙂

    I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.

    No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy.  And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.

    WSS

  • PS I hated Dumb and Dumber and I love to Strange Brew.

    ?

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Funny you like Bad Times at the El Royale and it was a watered down Tarantino film with less than stellar acting and storylines, a lot of snark 🙂

    I get that your reviews have a lot to do with your world view.

    No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy.  And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy.  And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.

    WSS

    Fair enough.  I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice.  I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for.  Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.

  • @westside-steve said:

    No doubt my friend. You might be surprised though. I've enjoyed just about every one of Michael Moore's films even though he's a left-wing hack gas bag. But separate the politics from the flick and the story it's actually compelling. Sorry I didn't like Vice. If the main aim of a film is to preach politics and the film isn't that good then fuck it. And yes bad times was diluted Tarantino mixed with a couple shots of diluted Coen brothers. Both concoctions I enjoy.  And I never claimed to be right or wrong with these reviews, it's just what I like or I don't like. I hate a lot of stuff that the big shot critics love and vice versa.

    WSS

    Fair enough.  I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice.  I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for.  Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.

    @baconhound said:

    Fair enough.  I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice.  I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for.  Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.

    I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.

    Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Fair enough.  I couldn't stand Vice but not because of it's political leanings but the funny offbeat parts that worked in the Big Short didn't in Vice.  I think most movies have some redeeming value if the viewer understands what they are in for.  Of the 60-70 I see in the theater each year there are only 2 or 3 that I'd consider a waste.

    I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.

    Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I think you are correct. And I didn't say Vice was a waste I gave it a c.

    Speaking of films that I might possibly agree with politically I could barely sit through anything by D'Souza.

    WSS

    The same as Halloween, I'm paying attention 🙂 

    I don't watch many political movies, haven't seen a single Moore film not even Bowling for Columbine.