Skip to content

Haskins Declares

The Browns Board
99 23 2.5k 1
  • @sd_tom said:

    Lawrence looks badass

    Yeah, and the kid's a 19 year old TRUE Freshman! He was impressive as hell & will be fun to follow in the future.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Yeah, and the kid's a 19 year old TRUE Freshman! He was impressive as hell & will be fun to follow in the future.

    Mike

    @tiamat63 said:

    pp550x550.jpg?fit=550,419

    I'm sorry. I was referring to Lawrence, the freshman QB from Clemson.

    Mke

  • @canton-mike said:

    Yeah, and the kid's a 19 year old TRUE Freshman! He was impressive as hell & will be fun to follow in the future.

    Mike

    @tiamat63 said:

    pp550x550.jpg?fit=550,419

    I'm sorry. I was referring to Lawrence, the freshman QB from Clemson.

    Mke

    @canton-mike said:

    I'm sorry. I was referring to Lawrence, the freshman QB from Clemson.

    Mke

    Yeah, realized that just a second too late.  

    We need to just call him Sunshine to help separate him from Dexter Lawrence. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is an interesting proposition...that I just came up with:

    Arizona uses their #1 overall pick in the draft to choose Duane Haskins....who they perhaps see as having far more future potential than Josh Rosen.

    They trade Rosen for a 1st round pick to somebody willing and pick up another player that they can use badly.

    Jags/Giants/Redskins......would any of them consider that sort of deal?

    Depends if the Cardinals incoming coach sees Rosen as "the guy".  But his 67 qbr, 11\14 td\int ratio, & 10 fumbles (5 lost) isn't going to impress other teams. In his Josh's defense he got pounded for 45 sacks behind a swiss cheese O-line. So what's his trade value? Not outside of the realm of possibility if you want to speculate. 

    @hoorta said:

    Depends if the Cardinals incoming coach sees Rosen as "the guy".  But his 67 qbr, 11\14 td\int ratio, & 10 fumbles (5 lost) isn't going to impress other teams. In his Josh's defense he got pounded for 45 sacks behind a swiss cheese O-line. So what's his trade value? Not outside of the realm of possibility if you want to speculate. 

    The Cardinals new coach is Kliff Klingsbury from Texas Tech and I guess briefly from USC.

  • @hoorta said:

    Depends if the Cardinals incoming coach sees Rosen as "the guy".  But his 67 qbr, 11\14 td\int ratio, & 10 fumbles (5 lost) isn't going to impress other teams. In his Josh's defense he got pounded for 45 sacks behind a swiss cheese O-line. So what's his trade value? Not outside of the realm of possibility if you want to speculate. 

    The Cardinals new coach is Kliff Klingsbury from Texas Tech and I guess briefly from USC.

    @mark-o said:

    The Cardinals new coach is Kliff Klingsbury from Texas Tech and I guess briefly from USC.

    He was the architect of like the typical  63-48 Big 12 score games.  

    I consider that a very, very long reach......typical of the Cardinals organization, which except for a brief period around 2008, have not been relevent since the late 1940s.  

  • Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
    San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
    New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
    Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
    New York Giants (5-11)
    Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
    Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

    Yes, someone could trade up, but if I were GM of either, I wouldn't.  The DL talent is plentiful this year and each of the top5 could/should take DL.  Haskins will probably be the 6.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
    San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
    New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
    Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
    New York Giants (5-11)
    Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
    Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

    This may be a reach but I believe Tom Coughlin is part of Jacksonville's front office. I wonder if Eli's connection to Coughlin could be a one or two year plan for Jacksonville, who thought they had the pieces for a run (especially after last season), while they can develop their next QB.

  • A AP1

    @unsympathetic said:

    Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
    San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
    New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
    Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
    New York Giants (5-11)
    Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
    Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

    This may be a reach but I believe Tom Coughlin is part of Jacksonville's front office. I wonder if Eli's connection to Coughlin could be a one or two year plan for Jacksonville, who thought they had the pieces for a run (especially after last season), while they can develop their next QB.

    @ap1 said:

    This may be a reach but I believe Tom Coughlin is part of Jacksonville's front office. I wonder if Eli's connection to Coughlin could be a one or two year plan for Jacksonville, who thought they had the pieces for a run (especially after last season), while they can develop their next QB.

    Not a reach....it has been brought up a few times before here.

  • @mark-o said:

    The Cardinals new coach is Kliff Klingsbury from Texas Tech and I guess briefly from USC.

    He was the architect of like the typical  63-48 Big 12 score games.  

    I consider that a very, very long reach......typical of the Cardinals organization, which except for a brief period around 2008, have not been relevent since the late 1940s.  

    @the-gipper said:

    He was the architect of like the typical  63-48 Big 12 score games.  

    I consider that a very, very long reach......typical of the Cardinals organization, which except for a brief period around 2008, have not been relevent since the late 1940s.  

    The guy who ran off Baker Mayfield for Davis Webb, and couldn't win with Pat Mahomes is now the Cardinals HC.

  • @hoorta said:

    Depends if the Cardinals incoming coach sees Rosen as "the guy".  But his 67 qbr, 11\14 td\int ratio, & 10 fumbles (5 lost) isn't going to impress other teams. In his Josh's defense he got pounded for 45 sacks behind a swiss cheese O-line. So what's his trade value? Not outside of the realm of possibility if you want to speculate. 

    Of course my proposal is just speculation.......

    but..lets assume YOU were the Cardinals GM...and wanted to do this type of deal, what would you want in return?     He was the #10 overall pick last year.  I don't know if the Giants or Jags would want to trade their #s  6-7 overall pick for him......but if the Redskins liked him...they might give up their #15 for him. 

    Would you?

    @the-gipper said:

    Of course my proposal is just speculation.......

    but..lets assume YOU were the Cardinals GM...and wanted to do this type of deal, what would you want in return?     He was the #10 overall pick last year.  I don't know if the Giants or Jags would want to trade their #s  6-7 overall pick for him......but if the Redskins liked him...they might give up their #15 for him. 

    Would you?

    Not if I think Bosa is a Myles Garrett quality defender....  If I was the Cardinals GM, I'd want a Carson Wentz\ RG III haul to move down- FWIW, MHO is it's too early to bail on Rosen....  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Of course my proposal is just speculation.......

    but..lets assume YOU were the Cardinals GM...and wanted to do this type of deal, what would you want in return?     He was the #10 overall pick last year.  I don't know if the Giants or Jags would want to trade their #s  6-7 overall pick for him......but if the Redskins liked him...they might give up their #15 for him. 

    Would you?

    Not if I think Bosa is a Myles Garrett quality defender....  If I was the Cardinals GM, I'd want a Carson Wentz\ RG III haul to move down- FWIW, MHO is it's too early to bail on Rosen....  

    @hoorta said:

    Not if I think Bosa is a Myles Garrett quality defender....  If I was the Cardinals GM, I'd want a Carson Wentz\ RG III haul to move down- FWIW, MHO is it's too early to bail on Rosen....  

    Would it be bailing on Rosen....or simply acknowledging that Haskins has far more of an upside than he...and would be a better choice for my franchise. 

    Of course, like you said....if they think that Rosen will be just fine for them and that Bosa is la creme de la creme and not to be missed out on...then they stick with Rosen and go for Bosa.   Now then....What about the 49ers?  Are they secure with Garropolo?  If so....would they entertain trade downs to pick up picks?

    Hey Giants...or Jags....give me your first and your second rounder!........Would that do it for them?

  • Here is a bit of "trivia".......that I heard earlier:    If Haskins is taken in the first round...and he will be.....he will be the first Big Ten QB taken in the first round since Kerry Collins was taken in 1995.

    Now, that seems hard to believe, but it is apparently true....EVEN though all of the following are true since 1995:

    A. The GOAT at QB.....Tom Brady  is from the Big Ten...Michigan (and if you don't buy him....the other GOAT candidate came from the Big Ten....Otto Graham...Northwestern......and if not him the other name   Joe Montana played in the heart of Big Ten country:  Notre Dame)

    B. The all time passing yards leader in NFL history...Drew Brees is from the Big Ten..Purdue

    C. The highest paid QB of all time....Kirk Cousins is from the Big Ten....Mich. State

    D. Another potential future HOFer....Russell Wilson ...2 Time SB starter is from the Big Ten...Wisconsin

    (and, if you think about it....several QBs from Big Ten states got away from Big Ten schools.....Ben R., Trubisky etc.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is a bit of "trivia".......that I heard earlier:    If Haskins is taken in the first round...and he will be.....he will be the first Big Ten QB taken in the first round since Kerry Collins was taken in 1995.

    Now, that seems hard to believe, but it is apparently true....EVEN though all of the following are true since 1995:

    A. The GOAT at QB.....Tom Brady  is from the Big Ten...Michigan (and if you don't buy him....the other GOAT candidate came from the Big Ten....Otto Graham...Northwestern......and if not him the other name   Joe Montana played in the heart of Big Ten country:  Notre Dame)

    B. The all time passing yards leader in NFL history...Drew Brees is from the Big Ten..Purdue

    C. The highest paid QB of all time....Kirk Cousins is from the Big Ten....Mich. State

    D. Another potential future HOFer....Russell Wilson ...2 Time SB starter is from the Big Ten...Wisconsin

    (and, if you think about it....several QBs from Big Ten states got away from Big Ten schools.....Ben R., Trubisky etc.

    Well to be fair, you have to also give ACC credit with Wilson. He was at Wisconsin for 1 year, NC State for more 

  • @hoorta said:

    Not if I think Bosa is a Myles Garrett quality defender....  If I was the Cardinals GM, I'd want a Carson Wentz\ RG III haul to move down- FWIW, MHO is it's too early to bail on Rosen....  

    Would it be bailing on Rosen....or simply acknowledging that Haskins has far more of an upside than he...and would be a better choice for my franchise. 

    Of course, like you said....if they think that Rosen will be just fine for them and that Bosa is la creme de la creme and not to be missed out on...then they stick with Rosen and go for Bosa.   Now then....What about the 49ers?  Are they secure with Garropolo?  If so....would they entertain trade downs to pick up picks?

    Hey Giants...or Jags....give me your first and your second rounder!........Would that do it for them?

    @the-gipper said:

    Would it be bailing on Rosen....or simply acknowledging that Haskins has far more of an upside than he...and would be a better choice for my franchise. 

    Of course, like you said....if they think that Rosen will be just fine for them and that Bosa is la creme de la creme and not to be missed out on...then they stick with Rosen and go for Bosa.   Now then....What about the 49ers?  Are they secure with Garropolo?  If so....would they entertain trade downs to pick up picks?

    Hey Giants...or Jags....give me your first and your second rounder!........Would that do it for them?

    That would be far more likely Gip, if Bosa is off the board. Jimmy G is for sure the Niners QBOTF, if not the present. ACL, and he certainly showed enough before he got hurt that San Fran would be willing to deal for a bunch of picks...   

  • @the-gipper said:

    He was the architect of like the typical  63-48 Big 12 score games.  

    I consider that a very, very long reach......typical of the Cardinals organization, which except for a brief period around 2008, have not been relevent since the late 1940s.  

    The guy who ran off Baker Mayfield for Davis Webb, and couldn't win with Pat Mahomes is now the Cardinals HC.

    @mark-o said:

    The guy who ran off Baker Mayfield for Davis Webb, and couldn't win with Pat Mahomes is now the Cardinals HC.

    Pure Gold Mark O...I shook my head at work when I heard this & said.."Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" and that ^^^ exact flash, in that order ran through my head..We also travel to Zona next season.. Rosen should be a rattled mess by then. (where or what is Jim Mora doing now in Cali?)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is a bit of "trivia".......that I heard earlier:    If Haskins is taken in the first round...and he will be.....he will be the first Big Ten QB taken in the first round since Kerry Collins was taken in 1995.

    Now, that seems hard to believe, but it is apparently true....EVEN though all of the following are true since 1995:

    A. The GOAT at QB.....Tom Brady  is from the Big Ten...Michigan (and if you don't buy him....the other GOAT candidate came from the Big Ten....Otto Graham...Northwestern......and if not him the other name   Joe Montana played in the heart of Big Ten country:  Notre Dame)

    B. The all time passing yards leader in NFL history...Drew Brees is from the Big Ten..Purdue

    C. The highest paid QB of all time....Kirk Cousins is from the Big Ten....Mich. State

    D. Another potential future HOFer....Russell Wilson ...2 Time SB starter is from the Big Ten...Wisconsin

    (and, if you think about it....several QBs from Big Ten states got away from Big Ten schools.....Ben R., Trubisky etc.

    Well to be fair, you have to also give ACC credit with Wilson. He was at Wisconsin for 1 year, NC State for more 

    @gunz41 said:

    Well to be fair, you have to also give ACC credit with Wilson. He was at Wisconsin for 1 year, NC State for more 

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

  • @mark-o said:

    The guy who ran off Baker Mayfield for Davis Webb, and couldn't win with Pat Mahomes is now the Cardinals HC.

    Pure Gold Mark O...I shook my head at work when I heard this & said.."Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" and that ^^^ exact flash, in that order ran through my head..We also travel to Zona next season.. Rosen should be a rattled mess by then. (where or what is Jim Mora doing now in Cali?)

    @gumby73 said:

    Pure Gold Mark O...I shook my head at work when I heard this & said.."Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" and that ^^^ exact flash, in that order ran through my head..We also travel to Zona next season.. Rosen should be a rattled mess by then. (where or what is Jim Mora doing now in Cali?)

    I am hoping that the schedule makers put the Browns game at AZ in early December, like this past year with the Houston game.  I would seriously consider attending that game....and expect a more favorable outcome than vs. the DATs.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Well to be fair, you have to also give ACC credit with Wilson. He was at Wisconsin for 1 year, NC State for more 

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

    @the-gipper said:

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

    No question there. But to just use Wisconsin isnt telling the whole story

  • @gunz41 said:

    Well to be fair, you have to also give ACC credit with Wilson. He was at Wisconsin for 1 year, NC State for more 

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

    @the-gipper said:

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

    He did graduate from nc state. Actually i don't believe he graduated from Wisconsin unless he got his second (masters) degree in just one year of school. He went the graduate transfer route after graduating from NC State in 2010.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He graduated from and was drafted from Wisconsin.

    He did graduate from nc state. Actually i don't believe he graduated from Wisconsin unless he got his second (masters) degree in just one year of school. He went the graduate transfer route after graduating from NC State in 2010.

    @bjh2130 said:

    He did graduate from nc state. Actually i don't believe he graduated from Wisconsin unless he got his second (masters) degree in just one year of school. He went the graduate transfer route after graduating from NC State in 2010.

    He got his degree in "preparation to play in the NFL"  from Wisconsin.   Don't know if they give a diploma for that...but that is what happened. 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    But then I'm still not 100% sold on Wentz... so there's that... ?

    I bet you like Foles though. ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I bet you like Foles though. ?

    Well he was my original dark horse coming out of Arizona... so there's that... 😉

    TBH I'm a lil mystified by Nick's success. You just dust him off, set him on the field and he wins... at least that's been the story in Philly. He doesn't have Wentz's tools to be sure, but somehow he just wins.

    As for Wentz... 2nd season in a row he's finished it on the shelf. One is an accident... two is a trend... If I have to fall back on that, so be it. 🥷

    I remember the pre-draft Goff-Wentz debate. One main point by the Wentz folk were his size and durability... so much for that. Similar to 2018's Josh Allen (or Darnold) vs. Rosen (or Mayfield)... and again, it was the big QBs that missed time due to injury.

    Funny game...

  • Haskins over Rosen???

    Shirley, you jest...

  • Haskins over Rosen???

    Shirley, you jest...

    @tour2ma said:

    Haskins over Rosen???

    Shirley, you jest...

    And I know you like Rosen....  But Haskins is going to have the same questions raised about him that we saw with Trubisky, and we know how that turned out. 

    The Cardinals currently have more holes in the roster than swiss cheese, so the only question is will they be willing to pass on a potential generational player (yeah that term seems to come up about every other year now)  in Bosa for a serious haul of draft picks.  For sure if Arizona takes Bosa, the 49ers phone will be ringing off the hook....