Antonio Brown
-
-
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
-
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
Everything the Raiders got for Amari Cooper and then some and then some more to trade him in the division. I agree with you, if he was a free agent, he would definitely be worth consideration but the price to trade for him is way too high.
-
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd..
But given the current situation I think we could get him cheaper... Considering he is disgruntled.We would have some leverage... Shit we could probably get him for a 3rd if we took a big chunk of what is remaining on his deal..
-
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
because hes not happy with his current team?
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
-
because hes not happy with his current team?
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
-
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
If he and/or Bell came here at a discounted price, to win rings, I’d be OK with that.
-
I would rather steal their offensive line coach. Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring AB.
Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's) I would probably take him.
But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?
It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd..
But given the current situation I think we could get him cheaper... Considering he is disgruntled.We would have some leverage... Shit we could probably get him for a 3rd if we took a big chunk of what is remaining on his deal..
It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd..
But given the current situation I think we could get him cheaper... Considering he is disgruntled.We would have some leverage... Shit we could probably get him for a 3rd if we took a big chunk of what is remaining on his deal..
I would probably be OK with a 3rd rounder. Pisstown would not do that under any circumstances, I do not believe. And if they were willing to take a 3rd rounder, they would take that from anybody but the Browns.
-
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
Ben R. is a drama queen personae.....and I think that is a partial issue. I think he grates on people there some.
Also....remember, Dan Rooney....the real architect of the Steeler dynasty and ethos, is gone. While his kid taking over may be all fine, well and good, that team just does not have the same gravitas or personality at the helm as it once did with Dan. That could be a factor. Maybe the new Rooney in charge is on a level with Mike Brown with his penurious ways. And maybe, just maybe, that team is tired of hearing Mike Tomlin's voice. He has been there 12 years now, and the fact is, that is a long time in this day and age. A lot of quality coaches just get stale to their players and organizations. And that may be happening there.
-
Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.
He put hiself above his team. I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown
First I'll note that Gipper's reply is right on the money ... Many fans I've talked to are beginning to question if little Rooney has the nuts to make the tough calls.
Otherwise, fans are pissed he quit on the team. Sure, the reasons vary as to why brown is so pissed off, but the bottom line he quit on his team. And that's wholly unacceptable
-
We've already overpaid in one trade for a WR, lets not do it again
-
We've already overpaid in one trade for a WR, lets not do it again
We've already overpaid in one trade for a WR, lets not do it again
As much as I like him, we did overpay.
-
I get that, but it's not like he's TO or Ochocinco..
I think he wants to play with a team that is up-and-coming and in need of some more veteran presence..
It would be hard for teams to cover him, Landry, Calloway, Njoku, and have to deal with Chubb running the rock.
So you wanna spend cap room on the guy who’s not as bad as the worst divas
Of course that would be an amazing line up, but the guy you listed, Callaway, already fits the build to be the next AB.
WR might have dwindled to one of the less pressing needs this year.
Don’t forget we don’t know what to expect from Ricardo Louis, who flashed some here and there when he was healthy. And the other guy, Derrick Willies?
So you wanna spend cap room on the guy who’s not as bad as the worst divas
Of course that would be an amazing line up, but the guy you listed, Callaway, already fits the build to be the next AB.
WR might have dwindled to one of the less pressing needs this year.
Don’t forget we don’t know what to expect from Ricardo Louis, who flashed some here and there when he was healthy. And the other guy, Derrick Willies?
Hmm....
-
I don't think there is anyway that Pittsburgh trades AB to anyone in the division. And if they did the price would be higher than trading him any place else. If he were out on the street, sure I would definitely want him here. However, since this is all a fantasy, I would like to see us maybe go after Golden Tate to add what we already have.
-
Its well documented that this isnt the 1st instance of him causing problems. Not the 1st year. So no, cant blame it on the team getting older and not having Bell.
The ones saying the Browns overpaid for a WR, I assume from previous talk on here, are referring to Landry. But I guess I forgot how much people value draft picks over proven players. And a lot JUST look at production in some instances to make their point, but use locker room influence in other instances. But I'll digress.
Which one of these guys would have been better for Browns both on and off the field?
Jaleel Scott, J'Mon Moore, Justin Watson, Daurice Fountain, Jordan Lasley, Marques Valdez Scantling, Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Dylan Cantrell, Russell Gage, Equamious St Brown, Cedrick Wilson Jr, Braxton Berrios, Javon Wims, Marcell Ateman, Richie James, Auden Tate, Austin Proehl, Trey Quinn.
Deon Cain after all were drafted after the Browns took a WR.
-
I think its hilarious that people actually think the Steelers would trade Brown to another AFC North team.
Not only that, and I've said it before, if he isn't happy in an organization that has been a perennial playoff team for a generation, how long before he starts shit here?
-
As has been pointed out, AB is a phenomenal player.
It’s the locker room issues with him. Not a fit.
I get that, but it's not like he's TO or Ochocinco..
I think he's frustrated playing on a team that many would consider to be "over-the-hill"an aging Rothlesberger, no LB running the ball, defense not as consistent..
I think he wants to play with a team that is up-and-coming and in need of some more veteran presence..It would be hard for teams to cover him, Landry, Calloway, Njoku, and have to deal with Chubb running the rock.
I get that, but it's not like he's TO or Ochocinco..
Correct, he's much worse....
Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldn't do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it
It's way more than "just not being happy with his current team". There's no benefit bringing in a locker room cancer, to show the young guys how to pout. Like he did when Shuster was voted a better player by his teammates. Who has a bad (make that humongous) contract, is 30 years old, and we'd have to give a ton of draft capital up to get.
So forget about Antonio Brown coming to Cleveland- except what he's playing for another team.
Addenda: And now he's claiming a phantom injury to skip the Pro Bowl, just special. https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14479274-74/brown-withdraws-from-pro-bowl-smith-schuster-to-replace-him If you read the article he claimed his knee was hurt, Tomlin told him to get an MRI, and Antonio essentially flipped Mike off.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login