Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. MIke Martz

MIke Martz

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
21 Posts 12 Posters 592 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Rams 81 R
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    R Rams 81 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The man given talent can work magic.   The Browns should roll the dice.   I have never seen a coach get players to play at the top of their game more so than Martz.  


    Remember what McVay did for the Rams.   Martz could do the same with the Browns and make that young QB a legend.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

      And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

      So, just, NO.

      R 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The GipperT The Gipper

        Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

        And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

        So, just, NO.

        Rams 81 R
        • 2 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        R Rams 81 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @the-gipper said:

        Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

        And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

        So, just, NO.

        Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

        hoortaH The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • R Rams 81

          @the-gipper said:

          Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

          And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

          So, just, NO.

          Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 20k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @rams-81 said:

          Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

          And we have our HC- and it's not Mike.  As Gipper said, he probably wouldn't bail on the AAFC to be the Browns OC.   

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • R Rams 81

            @the-gipper said:

            Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

            And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

            So, just, NO.

            Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @rams-81 said:

            Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

            Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

            darren15D 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The GipperT The Gipper

              @rams-81 said:

              Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

              Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

              darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 4k Posts
              • 959 Reputation
              darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
              #6

              @the-gipper said:

              Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

              Martzasaurus, ex Ravens/Jets HC Ryanasaurus Rex

              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 14k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I couldn't think of anything funnier to add to this thread..... Then I though of Kurt Warner, Trent Green and Marc Bulger playing 'Paper , Rock , Scissors....

                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                  The GipperT Canton MikeC 2 Replies Last reply
                  😂
                  Quote Reply
                  • D BoneD D Bone

                    Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @d-bone said:

                    Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                    I think he is dead.

                    Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • darren15D darren15

                      @the-gipper said:

                      Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

                      Martzasaurus, ex Ravens/Jets HC Ryanasaurus Rex

                      Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                      • 24k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @darren15 said:

                      Martzasaurus, ex Ravens/Jets HC Ryanasaurus Rex

                      How well did the last 2 "ryan defenses" work here under his brother and pettine? 

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • D BoneD D Bone

                        Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                        Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @d-bone said:

                        Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                        @the-gipper said:

                        I think he is dead.

                        I KNOW he is dead!

                        Mike

                        IN DORSEY I TRUST
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        😂
                        Quote Reply
                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                          @d-bone said:

                          Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

                          I think he is dead.

                          Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 15k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-gipper said:

                          I think he is dead.

                          Then take him off the list then. ?

                          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                          👍 😂
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                            • 30k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

                            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                            Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                              I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

                              Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @tour2ma said:

                              I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

                              Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                              Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                              D The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Mark OM Mark O

                                @tour2ma said:

                                I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

                                Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                                Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                                Dawgs89 D
                                • 86 Posts
                                • 7 Reputation
                                D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mark-o said:

                                Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                                Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                                Hmm. How?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  I think he is dead.

                                  Then take him off the list then. ?

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @dutch-oven said:

                                  Then take him off the list then. ?

                                  I didn't put him on

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  😂
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Mark OM Mark O

                                    @tour2ma said:

                                    I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

                                    Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                                    Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @mark-o said:

                                    Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                                    Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                                    Well.... Martz DID take them back to the Super Bowl....and they were an Adam Vinatieri kick away from winning it.  Vermeil wasn't going to stick around under any circumstances.  I honestly do not know if they would have fared better under Vermeil had he stayed than they did under Martz.  

                                    I just think, as I said, that Martz is too old and is basically a dinosaur  (but perhaps someone can convince me otherwise).

                                    He was sort of ahead of his time.  I mean, in a sense, is it fair to say that all these collegiate type offenses that are being run in the NFL now are simply versions of Martz's "fast break" offenses?  Perhaps.

                                    Let's see how he does in the AAF.

                                    So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

                                    I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

                                    Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • The GipperT The Gipper

                                      @mark-o said:

                                      Or his wife or one of his kids.  

                                      Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

                                      Well.... Martz DID take them back to the Super Bowl....and they were an Adam Vinatieri kick away from winning it.  Vermeil wasn't going to stick around under any circumstances.  I honestly do not know if they would have fared better under Vermeil had he stayed than they did under Martz.  

                                      I just think, as I said, that Martz is too old and is basically a dinosaur  (but perhaps someone can convince me otherwise).

                                      He was sort of ahead of his time.  I mean, in a sense, is it fair to say that all these collegiate type offenses that are being run in the NFL now are simply versions of Martz's "fast break" offenses?  Perhaps.

                                      Let's see how he does in the AAF.

                                      So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

                                      I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

                                      Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

                                      I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

                                      A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Mark OM Mark O

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

                                        I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

                                        A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                                        #19

                                        @mark-o said:

                                        A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

                                        No, I meant, you know...just a generic fan....watching them on TV, more or less hoping they will win.  

                                        A little secret....I always liked the Chargers a bit....when they were in San Diego!!  Not so much now that they are in LA.  Reason:  San Diego was as bad as Cleveland in terms of their team's performance.  They have not had a title there since the Chargers won in 1963.  (and now SD is screwed, losing its football team after having lost the Clipper also some years back.)  And it seems a nice city (I have only been there...or near there twice)....not crazy stupid like LA.

                                        Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                                          @mark-o said:

                                          A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

                                          No, I meant, you know...just a generic fan....watching them on TV, more or less hoping they will win.  

                                          A little secret....I always liked the Chargers a bit....when they were in San Diego!!  Not so much now that they are in LA.  Reason:  San Diego was as bad as Cleveland in terms of their team's performance.  They have not had a title there since the Chargers won in 1963.  (and now SD is screwed, losing its football team after having lost the Clipper also some years back.)  And it seems a nice city (I have only been there...or near there twice)....not crazy stupid like LA.

                                          Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @the-gipper said:

                                          No, I meant, you know...just a generic fan....watching them on TV, more or less hoping they will win.  

                                          A little secret....I always liked the Chargers a bit....when they were in San Diego!!  Not so much now that they are in LA.  Reason:  San Diego was as bad as Cleveland in terms of their team's performance.  They have not had a title there since the Chargers won in 1963.  (and now SD is screwed, losing its football team after having lost the Clipper also some years back.)  And it seems a nice city (I have only been there...or near there twice)....not crazy stupid like LA.

                                          Very generic fan then.   Once I moved out here I was totally anti-Chargers but as I lived here longer I at least didn't root against them every week.  I really grew into a Rivers fan after hearing him in radio interviews that he did every week during the season.   Now that they've moved though, I can't root for them to win because that would suck for San Diego to have the team win a super bowl with LA in front of the name.    I'm hoping for a close game Sunday and Rivers plays great and the defense gives up a long drive for the winning TD or FG for the Patriots.

                                          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate