KITCHENS NEW HEAD COACH
-
Read today that it was Dorsey who first brought Kitchens in as RB coach not Haley and that Williams didn’t have a say in Kitchens becoming OC, Dorsey made that call and promotion.
Makes you wonder just how long Dorsey has had Freddie in mind for a significant long term role here
Read today that it was Dorsey who first brought Kitchens in as RB coach not Haley
Good! Have your guy forward that info to MKC & tell her she's wrong again & to find another job
..thanks & hail the queen(s)
-
Freddie is the right resume and FIT. He has the complete respect of the locker room and that is everything.
Thank you GW for being a badass coach for us!
-
-
Not a fan of this but we will see
Did you enjoy the last 7 games of the year?? I sure did and our O was ranked very highly.
Did you enjoy the last 7 games of the year?? I sure did and our O was ranked very highly.
I did enjoy it but numbers can tell the narrative we want them to tell. My nervousness rests in the limited sample size and how Freddie will handle the adversity. He’s only been an offensive coordinator for s blip and never been the head honcho. I will say that Dorsey has done a lot to earn some trust so I am not saying this is a bad hire, I’m just not loving it on paper
-
Great F’n news guys. Nothing but great news since this Dorsey guy has been here
Great F’n news guys. Nothing but great news since this Dorsey guy has been here
Great move by the Browns, well thought out and on point.
-
This guy is such a fucking faggot asswipe douchenozzle..
This guy is such a fucking faggot asswipe douchenozzle..
Regarding the Browns "losing franchise" mentality Cow-pie: You obviously aren't old enough to remember the 60s wear the paper bag Saints. Didn't have a winning record for their first 20 years. They sucked as bad as the Browns have of late. Or how about those Tampa Bay Yuckaneers? Three winning seasons out of their first 20. Steelers blew dead worms before 1972. Then all of them went on to win Super Bowls. Teams don't stay down forever, and they don't stay on top forever either.
Keep on a flamin'. McCarthy is such a hot candidate, he's still looking for work.
-
If you think this is the same old Browns in any form or fashion you’ve not been paying attention for awhile.
Im all too aware of the attention Ive paid. Im of the mind if it aint broke dont fix it. Gw got alot out of the boys in orange in the short time here was in charge...he deserved a chance.
-
I was shocked he got the job. I thought for sure McCarthy would get the job. I wonder if it was Dorsey or Haslem who forced HC candidates to commit to Kitchens as OC. Sounds like a Haslem thing.
-
It's funny to think back to when Hue got canned, and what we were all speculating who would get hired, who would be the main candidates.
Ends up being a guy who before Hue and Haley were fired most of us couldn't have picked out of a police line-up.
Kitchens wouldn't admit it publicly, but he has to be secretly shocked at how his career has turned in the last few months.
-
I was shocked he got the job. I thought for sure McCarthy would get the job. I wonder if it was Dorsey or Haslem who forced HC candidates to commit to Kitchens as OC. Sounds like a Haslem thing.
I was shocked he got the job. I thought for sure McCarthy would get the job. I wonder if it was Dorsey or Haslem who forced HC candidates to commit to Kitchens as OC. Sounds like a Haslam thing.
Other way around.. Wolf and Dorsey already knew all they needed to know about McCarthy from their Green Bay Days. They weren't all that interested... Apparently no other teams are\were either... McCarthy has been passed over at least six times already, and apparently the only teams left minus a head coach, the Dolphins and Bengals aren't interviewing him.
EDIT: & now McCarthy is out out of the mix totally. Will go the Mike Pettine route, and take at least 2019 off. He won't need Food Stamps....
-
It's funny to think back to when Hue got canned, and what we were all speculating who would get hired, who would be the main candidates.
Ends up being a guy who before Hue and Haley were fired most of us couldn't have picked out of a police line-up.
Kitchens wouldn't admit it publicly, but he has to be secretly shocked at how his career has turned in the last few months.
Kitchens wouldn't admit it publicly, but he has to be secretly shocked at how his career has turned in the last few months.
It IS a little scary...the whole 'rags to riches' thing here. As well as the fact that Freddie is known as such a 'nice guy'. I don't know if you can BE that nice and be the HC of an NFL football team. We're going to find out if Freddie can LEAD the millionaires into battle with their full support and respect. But not for nothin'.....it's nice to see The Good Guy win once in a while!
-
Kitchens wouldn't admit it publicly, but he has to be secretly shocked at how his career has turned in the last few months.
It IS a little scary...the whole 'rags to riches' thing here. As well as the fact that Freddie is known as such a 'nice guy'. I don't know if you can BE that nice and be the HC of an NFL football team. We're going to find out if Freddie can LEAD the millionaires into battle with their full support and respect. But not for nothin'.....it's nice to see The Good Guy win once in a while!
It IS a little scary...the whole 'rags to riches' thing here. As well as the fact that Freddie is known as such a 'nice guy'. I don't know if you can BE that nice and be the HC of an NFL football team. We're going to find out if Freddie can LEAD the millionaires into battle with their full support and respect. But not for nothin'.....it's nice to see The Good Guy win once in a while!
Good guy or not.. this is a results oriented business..I wonder if Jim Schwartz is still.. with Philly I think?... Someone may or may not know.. however.. Back to more ominous thinking...
-
I'm not seeing any official announcing of Kitchens from ClevelandBrowns.com?
Love ya, Po, and you're right. It's the most "official" unofficial announcement ever.. clevelandbrowns.com is notoriously bad about updating the website. LOL, you think Cleveland.com, ESPN, NFL.com, & Sports Illustrated are all in on a big joke from Dorsey?
-
I'm not seeing any official announcing of Kitchens from ClevelandBrowns.com?
Love ya, Po, and you're right. It's the most "official" unofficial announcement ever.. clevelandbrowns.com is notoriously bad about updating the website. LOL, you think Cleveland.com, ESPN, NFL.com, & Sports Illustrated are all in on a big joke from Dorsey?
Love ya, Po, and you're right. It's the most "official" unofficial announcement ever.. clevelandbrowns.com is notoriously bad about updating the website. LOL, you think Cleveland.com, ESPN, NFL.com, & Sports Illustrated are all in on a big joke from Dorsey?
Presser is today and gonna be Dorsey and Kitchens up there. All the other assistants are gone.
And in line with some wild speculation Bumblebee will be in charge of linebackers because the haslams like him
-
I was shocked he got the job. I thought for sure McCarthy would get the job. I wonder if it was Dorsey or Haslem who forced HC candidates to commit to Kitchens as OC. Sounds like a Haslam thing.
Other way around.. Wolf and Dorsey already knew all they needed to know about McCarthy from their Green Bay Days. They weren't all that interested... Apparently no other teams are\were either... McCarthy has been passed over at least six times already, and apparently the only teams left minus a head coach, the Dolphins and Bengals aren't interviewing him.
EDIT: & now McCarthy is out out of the mix totally. Will go the Mike Pettine route, and take at least 2019 off. He won't need Food Stamps....
Other way around.. Wolf and Dorsey already knew all they needed to know about McCarthy from their Green Bay Days. They weren't all that interested... Apparently no other teams are\were either... McCarthy has been passed over at least six times already, and apparently the only teams left minus a head coach, the Dolphins and Bengals aren't interviewing him.
EDIT: & now McCarthy is out out of the mix totally. Will go the Mike Pettine route, and take at least 2019 off. He won't need Food Stamps....
I'll bet all those teams trampled all over each other to get Huey as HC.
-
I am nervous and incredibly happy all at the same time. This was my pick yet again. Like the Baker Mayfield pick, I just got a great feeling that he was going to be the right fit here in Cleveland. After watching that video posted above about Kitchens in Arizona, i am even more convinced he is the right pick.
BUT..... I can completely understand Cowherd's(and frankly probably a lot of other more serious people) head scratching on our pick for head coach. The dude was a Running back coach just months ago. Now he is an elite level NFL Coach, who is going to have to steer the ship and do thousand other things all while trying to maintain this relationship with his franchise QB and other top players.. It's going to be a tough row to hoe.... So I don't think anything that Cowherd said was out of bounds or even dickish.. And I think he is spot on, concerning how arrogant Browns fans are getting coming out of this season... We finished THIRD in the division. We didn't get a winning season even.... So let's check our arrogance at the door and get back to the work that got us from the bottom of the basement to the middle of the league in just a single year.. Playoffs and even an AFC North championship are now well within our grasp......
So I don't end up with a wall of words I'm going to end here.. And I am going to post why I think Freddie is a harbinger of things to come not only in the NFL but across the management world. It is a movement that is LONG overdue..
BobPound!
-
I don't think Browns fans are arogant at all. I'd say excited to have some victories after 2 horrible seasons. There is optimism.
-
Freddie Kitchens/John Dorsey to me personifies a quiet movement that is taking place in the world.... For literally thousands of years the management style of the western world(going back to Rome) has been that of top down, hierarchical structures that emphasizes the need of a strong man at the top of the heap. The strong man maintains his leadership by bringing in underlings who share his values and his management style. And before long(depending on the size of the structure) you have an entire organization that mimics the style and personality of its anointed strong man leader.
At times this can be a great way to build an organization, because if the strong man at the top has a good moral compass and makes good choices in his underlings, the structure under him becomes stronger as it goes down to the bottom of the pyramid... But the opposite can (and more times than not) also be true.. A weak leader at the top can result in an exponentially weaker bottom, as the weakness grows the further down the structure it goes.. Hue was a perfect example in year 2. He had replaced most of the people with people he wanted. He led with a "MY WAY or NO WAY" mentality that was on display constantly in that HBO show. He was the quintessential Strong Man leader... It isn't obviously just the NFL that does this. Organization such as Wells Fargo take on the personality and traits of its strong man/woman leaders.. Wells Fargo was led by a man named Strumpf. His style was to push the legal boundaries in pursuit of higher share holder value... It took a few years, but eventually that mindset permeated all the way down to the lowest levels of the organization. And in 2018 we finally saw what that looked like as the FCC showed how corrupt even the lowest level loan officers were screwing people over for a buck.
So back to the Browns. Our owner is the personification of the Strong Man leader type. He is the CEO of the Pilot Flying J Corporation and likely leads that corporation in the same way that he has tried to run the Browns since he bought it. That's why Hue was the way he was likely. He was brought in to mimic Haslan's management style and "enforce" some discipline on this team. But as is usually the case with top down thinking. The person he chose, fooled him into thinking he was a strong leader. He wasn't and the rest is history.
What Dorsey is doing to me transcends the NFL.. He has interjected himself between Haslam and the team and is incorporating a new structure that starts with him... And instead of him being the strong man at the top, he is setting about hiring people up and down the structure that are people capable of leading not because the man above them TOLD THEM he was in charge, but rather because the people below them WANT TO FOLLOW THEM. Baker personifies this. He leads by example, not because he tells everyone around him he is in charge(Hue).. Kitchens appears to be cut from the same cloth. People want to follow him, they want to do good work for him.. And as this structure grows, it will start to take on the attributes and personality of Dorsey.
Watching him on that HBO show was crazy and I didn't realize what I was watching at the time. Dorsey walks to his own drum. He is nice to people, he doesn't talk down to them.. I mean what the fuck kind of GM acts like that? In normal hierarchical structures a man like him is supposed to be untouchable by the commoners...
Imagine a man like Dorsey in charge of a company? Not leading because he tells you he is in charge, but because you want to work for him. I have a very strong feeling that every pick this team makes going forward is going to be in the mold of Dorsey. Not men/women in charge, but true leader of men. Up and down the chain, from the towel boy to our next DC..
BobPound!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login