GREG WILLIAMS OUT
-
I'm going to talk out of both sides of my mouth here.
First, our defense has been ranked as close as possible to the bottom of the league in most defensive yardage allowed categories, all year long. - Last year we played defense with basically 10 players and Peppers playing goalie on the other side of the field. That just didn't seem brilliant, but maybe it was. We can't go back and try it another way to find out. Perhaps it's best that we're going with a new DC. (and with the hire of Kitchens, we pretty much HAD to let Gregg go).
Other side of mouth: Williams' defense was aggressive and ball hawking...WITHOUT being undisciplined. The Ghoul predicted players running around like crazed dogs (to borrow an old term) blowing assignments and getting penalties. That wasn't so.
And Gregg took over the team at a point where the team was losing games and lost their HC & OC...and what he did was to bring stability to the ship. There was no more throwing people under the bus. Press conferences were cohesive and more professional.
I join Nickers, and others, who have said Thank You to Gregg Williams! I wish him well.
U sure about that disciplined part? I havent looked up a stat so this is smell test assessment, on both sides of the ball tbh....the browns got alot of flags this year. I mean a couple games i went to.u looked down for a sec to taje a sip of beer and u looked up in time to see a little yellow fucker floating back down onto the field.
I got beside myself at a couple games, like sputtering at the refs "u throw thst flag one more fucking time asshole im gonna find out where u kids go to school".
U sure about that disciplined part? I havent looked up a stat so this is smell test assessment, on both sides of the ball tbh....the browns got alot of flags this year. I mean a couple games i went to.u looked down for a sec to taje a sip of beer and u looked up in time to see a little yellow fucker floating back down onto the field.
I got beside myself at a couple games, like sputtering at the refs "u throw thst flag one more fucking time asshole im gonna find out where u kids go to school".
I haven't looked at any official stats either, but my eye test said we had noticeably fewer penalties once Greg took over.
-
U sure about that disciplined part? I havent looked up a stat so this is smell test assessment, on both sides of the ball tbh....the browns got alot of flags this year. I mean a couple games i went to.u looked down for a sec to taje a sip of beer and u looked up in time to see a little yellow fucker floating back down onto the field.
I got beside myself at a couple games, like sputtering at the refs "u throw thst flag one more fucking time asshole im gonna find out where u kids go to school".
I haven't looked at any official stats either, but my eye test said we had noticeably fewer penalties once Greg took over.
-
GW was great as far as discipline is concerned. It was the game managing/decision making that seemed suspect to me
-
U sure about that disciplined part? I havent looked up a stat so this is smell test assessment, on both sides of the ball tbh....the browns got alot of flags this year. I mean a couple games i went to.u looked down for a sec to taje a sip of beer and u looked up in time to see a little yellow fucker floating back down onto the field.
I got beside myself at a couple games, like sputtering at the refs "u throw thst flag one more fucking time asshole im gonna find out where u kids go to school".
I haven't looked at any official stats either, but my eye test said we had noticeably fewer penalties once Greg took over.
I haven't looked at any official stats either, but my eye test said we had noticeably fewer penalties once Greg took over.
With HueJax-- per game/11-4-5-8-10-6-14-7..we were in top 3...Post Huejax after Pitt.--per game/4-7-7-6-7-6-6-4...we finished ranked #15 in total penalties committed..
-
U sure about that disciplined part? I havent looked up a stat so this is smell test assessment, on both sides of the ball tbh....the browns got alot of flags this year. I mean a couple games i went to.u looked down for a sec to taje a sip of beer and u looked up in time to see a little yellow fucker floating back down onto the field.
I got beside myself at a couple games, like sputtering at the refs "u throw thst flag one more fucking time asshole im gonna find out where u kids go to school".
I haven't looked at any official stats either, but my eye test said we had noticeably fewer penalties once Greg took over.
-
Confirmed new DC at the Jets ....week 1 next year Browns at Jets
-
That should be interesting with him and gase
-
-
Gets to work Leonard Williams, Darron Lee Jamal Adams... not a bad gig.
-
Gregg's a good dude. I'm happy for him.
Now Hue, hopefully he can get a high school gig as an assistant.
-
-
Gregg's a good dude. I'm happy for him.
Now Hue, hopefully he can get a high school gig as an assistant.
Gregg's a good dude. I'm happy for him.
Now Hue, hopefully he can get a high school gig as an assistant.
Would you want Hue teaching your son how to play QB? I sure wouldn’t. Gregg would probably be HC somewhere but the league keeps a boner for him.
-
Gase had three years in Miami to do something and his offense ranked 29th, 25th, and 30th. Sees like the shakiest of the coaching hires to me.
But the Bungles just said "Hold my beer" ...
They are going for Sean McVey's assistant coffee fetcher ... He's young and has a beard too.
Zombo
-
Gase had three years in Miami to do something and his offense ranked 29th, 25th, and 30th. Sees like the shakiest of the coaching hires to me.
But the Bungles just said "Hold my beer" ...
They are going for Sean McVey's assistant coffee fetcher ... He's young and has a beard too.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Gase had three years in Miami to do something and his offense ranked 29th, 25th, and 30th. Sees like the shakiest of the coaching hires to me.
But the Bungles just said "Hold my beer" ...
They are going for Sean McVey's assistant coffee fetcher ... He's young and has a beard too.
Zombo
Regarding the Bungles, wishin' and a hopein' the McVay magic transferrs by osmosis. I'm hopein' for a Dave Shula level performance in Porkopolis. They're making the same mistake the Browns did a few coaches back. You're last hiring your HC, all the good asistants have already been accounted for.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

