Skip to content

Current best picture nomination predictions

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
3 2 283
  • https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/oscar-nominations-best-picture-predictions-voting/

    Of course those are subject to change at the drop of a hat. I think Bohemian Rhapsody could move into the top six just because of the Golden Globe. Of course rumor Has It the globe group was pretty snotty about BR.

    WSS

  • Of all those, I have only seen Vice, Crazy Rich Asians and Black Panther.

    None of those, in my opinion, are Best Picture Worthy.

    Crazy Rich Asians is just a chick flick that happens to involve Asians.  Black Panther is an OK Superhero movie...but no better than a couple of dozen Superhero movies that have been made in the past. 

    (and I am sure that Steve would say....and I agree...that if these same movies were cast with white people that they would not get a sniff)

    Vice had some good performances...but as an overall movie it was nothing truly r entertaining.

    (but...I do believe that in the current "Best Picture"  atmosphere....a movie being actually entertaining is the last thing they consider)  

    The last truly just good old entertaining movie that won Best Picture may have been Chicago.

  • I'm going to see if Beale Street could talk tomorrow and that will be it for the Golden Globes for me. There is still a couple it might get nominated for Best Picture Academy Award I have yet to see but those will come out in a couple weeks. I didn't bother with the McCarthy movie but it's getting a lot of Buzz.

    WSS