Roach Was Right About Quinn
-
\ said:
\ said:
roach, you really feel that DA was the guy for this team?You're missing the point. It's not about me. It has never been about me. It doesn't matter what i "feel". What matters is what is see and understand. This is a tough game to analyze. i'm counting on you guys to step up. i need your help up here- it's lonely.
i'm glad i'm right (again). But the important thing is beating Denver. BQ is my new QB. i love the Browns.
BTW, i think i was the only person on this Board that tried to show some optimism Sunday night. i'm ashamed.
I can only speak for myself, but sure I wasn't optimistic Sunday. Really haven't been since the Cincy game (at least with DA starting). But at the same token, I was cheering for the Browns play in and play out. Never did I cheer for DA or CLE to do badly or lose.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
roach, you really feel that DA was the guy for this team?You're missing the point. It's not about me. It has never been about me. It doesn't matter what i "feel". What matters is what is see and understand. This is a tough game to analyze. i'm counting on you guys to step up. i need your help up here- it's lonely.
i'm glad i'm right (again). But the important thing is beating Denver. BQ is my new QB. i love the Browns.
BTW, i think i was the only person on this Board that tried to show some optimism Sunday night. i'm ashamed.
In a thread where a guy puts himself in the title in the 3rd person, and then every other word is I or Me.....nahh.....it's not about you...
*golf clap*
Glad to hear you are rooting for the Browns to beat Denver at least.
This is why you guys are my favs.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
roach, you really feel that DA was the guy for this team?You're missing the point. It's not about me. It has never been about me. It doesn't matter what i "feel". What matters is what is see and understand. This is a tough game to analyze. i'm counting on you guys to step up. i need your help up here- it's lonely.
i'm glad i'm right (again). But the important thing is beating Denver. BQ is my new QB. i love the Browns.
BTW, i think i was the only person on this Board that tried to show some optimism Sunday night. i'm ashamed.
In a thread where a guy puts himself in the title in the 3rd person, and then every other word is I or Me.....nahh.....it's not about you...
*golf clap*
Glad to hear you are rooting for the Browns to beat Denver at least.
Thanks buddy. You missed the part in your your bold statment where i love the Browns. Read the post again- it's not not about me. i love the Browns.
-
Roach, no one is questioning you love the Browns. I think you missed his point. You make a point of stating it isn't about you, yet your title is touting how you are right, and in the same place you say it isn't about you, you make it about you and what you think/thought.
Might not have been your intention, but when you read it....
-
When you're (any type of) professional you MUST be a team player. You kickass for your teammates no matter what your personal feelings are towards them.
If anyone on the Browns decides they're not gonna give a 100% to whoever is behind center due to personal feelings, than they need to be gone.
The history of the NFL is littered with unloved pricks that were pretty good at what they did and their teammates didn't let that get in the way.
Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn & Ken Dorsey ALL deserve 100% from Hank Fraley and everyone else on the roster.
Doug
-
\ said:
So i finally get a chance to look at today's Sports page at 8:30 PM. In paragraph #2 of the Quinn story is the following......."Maybe they feel like [Quinn] will bring a spark," Browns center Hank Fraley said on his radio show on WTAM AM/1100. "It's tough because Derek is a great guy, a team leader and a captain. It's a shock to everybody on this team. It's their decision and we're going to have to live with it."
i've said all along that DA is the guy that the players want to play for. Romeo, for all his faults, recognized this important element.
Read that quote again. That's coming from one of the elite veterans on the team. He uses words like "they" and "their" to refer to someone. It's not one guy (RAC). Otherwise Fraley would have said "he" and "his."
Fraley is also not a TO type guy that spews his mouth. When he says "everybody" and "we're" he is not sticking his neck out. That is how his teammates feel. It takes a gifted fan to recognize that. Too bad there are so few of us.
i hope the players get over this and rally behind Brady. Denver is a big game. Go Browns!
Romeo may have recognized that element Ed- but Job #1 of an NFL head coach is to win games. Period. Parcells a players coach? Bellichek? Couglin? For every Tony Dungy that's won a Super Bowl there are 10 Vince Lombardi types. I have a sinking feeling Romeo caters too much to his players and is too much of a nice guy to have long term success. Romeo just wants to "coach 'em up." Parcells might have benched Edwards after that inexcusable drop against the Ratbirds. He certainly would have benched DA- long ago- sorry guys, my job is way more important than your job.
-
You were right...
Oh....trust me my friend....you don't have to defend your support for the team to us fellow fans..
-
\ said:
Roach, no one is questioning you love the Browns. I think you missed his point. You make a point of stating it isn't about you, yet your title is touting how you are right, and in the same place you say it isn't about you, you make it about you and what you think/thought.Masters, i also mentioned Quinn in the title, but the post had nothing to do with him either. Why are you guys always focused on me?
roach (BTW, you need to come to a tailgate. Thursday?)
-
\ said:
\ said:
Roach, no one is questioning you love the Browns. I think you missed his point. You make a point of stating it isn't about you, yet your title is touting how you are right, and in the same place you say it isn't about you, you make it about you and what you think/thought.Masters, i also mentioned Quinn in the title, but the post had nothing to do with him either. Why are you guys always focused on me?
roach (BTW, you need to come to a tailgate. Thursday?)
If I wasn't in California I would. But I may be returning to the bitter cold of NE OHIO next year. If that happens, I'll be at them next year.
You did mention Quinn, along with yourself. Like I said, I think you just worded your thing poorly, as you go from saying it isn't about you, yet throw in the "I was right" and "me" type statements.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
Roach, no one is questioning you love the Browns. I think you missed his point. You make a point of stating it isn't about you, yet your title is touting how you are right, and in the same place you say it isn't about you, you make it about you and what you think/thought.Masters, i also mentioned Quinn in the title, but the post had nothing to do with him either. Why are you guys always focused on me?
roach (BTW, you need to come to a tailgate. Thursday?)
If I wasn't in California I would. But I may be returning to the bitter cold of NE OHIO next year. If that happens, I'll be at them next year.
You did mention Quinn, along with yourself. Like I said, I think you just worded your thing poorly, as you go from saying it isn't about you, yet throw in the "I was right" and "me" type statements.
He's just dicking around to get these kind of responses.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login