Skip to content

Gerald McCoy

The Browns Board
61 21 1.8k
  • Get it done buddy boy ! 

    258E164E-7952-4C7C-AF42-AC06EFAA38A7.jpeg

  • AADB775C-39E5-452C-872D-F1AAAD93728F.jpeg

  • Got a little history with Baker 

  • Why would TB release him?

  • Why would TB release him?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would TB release him?

    They’re open to trading him according to all rumours. A 4th has been mooted. 

  • Offer a 5 and 7 for him.

  • If they're gonna release him, why would we give them anything? Is it his contract that they dont want? I mean isnt he the best DT in football not named aaron donald?

  • God, mccoy and ogunjobi along with a big block eater or 2 to rotate in to keep those 2 fresh..... Sign him and ansah or flowers and my good lord we've got a top 5 defense

  • Grady Jarrett is the guy I want

  • Think he has one more year on his contact?  He would be a great addition I think.  

  • Jarrett is a FA but I expect the Falcons will franchise him

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why would TB release him?

    They’re open to trading him according to all rumours. A 4th has been mooted. 

    @londonbrown said:

    They’re open to trading him according to all rumours. A 4th has been mooted. 

    Maybe interested... He is 30, and a high mileage sort of guy... Is it time to start adding veterans like him, or is it a year too soon?  The we're one player away?     

    @lbc-mike said:

    Offer a 5 and 7 for him.

    LOL, offer the 5th we got from the Patriots.. 🙂   

    @clevfan4life said:

    If they're gonna release him, why would we give them anything? Is it his contract that they dont want? I mean isn't he the best DT in football not named aaron donald?

    Quick perusal of Spotrac says...  the Bucs have around $9 million in cap room this year. McCoy has three years left on his deal... 2019 salary is $13 million. They move him, that would add that amount to their cap room....  

  • Grady Jarrett is the guy I want

    @darren15 said:

    Grady Jarrett is the guy I want

    I'll take either!!!

  • PFF has him at a 78.6 grade on the season.   Enough for a 'good' category. 

  • Kinda tough with an excellent DT draft coming up...

  • don't buy on the back end of the career... he WAS good but now not so much.  This is his 9th season of professional football, there's mileage on them there tires.

    This is the same as questioning why to get a pick for Shelton but darn close productivity came from Meder.

    McCoy is not distinguishable in 2019 from a motivated athletic UDFA fresh out of college.. I could be wrong but I don't think he's worth the "big FA" contract he wants.

  • Didnt realize he was 30. Id offer 2 years but not "elite" money. 

  • Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

  • Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

    @gumby73 said:

    Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

    Nice!   Is there a more underrated player/lesser known superstar in this league than Chris Jones?  Every time I've watched KC play I came up with the same conclusion - #95 is a Serial Drive Killer had OCs scratching their heads at the Xs and Uh-Os...    I'm expecting 2-3 blockers to be on him at all times this Sunday, which could make life a whole lot less than impossible for his teammates against NE.  Or, it could make me look like someone that thinks A2 + B2 = ABBA...

    I read a big reason he went from 6.5 sacks last year to 15.5 sacks this year is because he lost 25 lbs in the off season. It's amazing what subtracting a 25 lb anchor can do for one's sic em, sock em and sack em.   

  • @gumby73 said:

    Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

    Nice!   Is there a more underrated player/lesser known superstar in this league than Chris Jones?  Every time I've watched KC play I came up with the same conclusion - #95 is a Serial Drive Killer had OCs scratching their heads at the Xs and Uh-Os...    I'm expecting 2-3 blockers to be on him at all times this Sunday, which could make life a whole lot less than impossible for his teammates against NE.  Or, it could make me look like someone that thinks A2 + B2 = ABBA...

    I read a big reason he went from 6.5 sacks last year to 15.5 sacks this year is because he lost 25 lbs in the off season. It's amazing what subtracting a 25 lb anchor can do for one's sic em, sock em and sack em.   

    @flugel said:

    Nice!   Is there a more underrated player/lesser known superstar in this league than Chris Jones?  Every time I've watched KC play I came up with the same conclusion - #95 is a Serial Drive Killer had OCs scratching their heads at the Xs and Uh-Os...    I'm expecting 2-3 blockers to be on him at all times this Sunday, which could make life a whole lot less than impossible for his teammates against NE.  Or, it could make me look like someone that thinks A2 + B2 = ABBA...

    I read a big reason he went from 6.5 sacks last year to 15.5 sacks this year is because he lost 25 lbs in the off season. It's amazing what subtracting a 25 lb anchor can do for one's sic em, sock em and sack em.   

    ABBa..lmao! take a chance on me?😉 holy chit.. Chris Jones is a quarter inch short of 6'5".add a 34.5" arm reach with a pair of 10.25" hands he's a animal that we just hope Dorsey can match..Your right he ran a 5.03 40 at 310lbs..290'ish sounds about right. now strong as ox shreding some pounds. His 16 pass defections coming up the gut is what Shelton nor Ogbah just could not give us. GW trusted Ogbah like a DC should..I wonder what the thought process of Ogbah is now with GW gone? I like the new set of eyes we have on this defense.March & April can't get here quick enough..?️