Skip to content

White helmets

The Browns Board
28 21 753 1
  • I like the Orange helmet with the white face mask 

  • I like the white facemask followed by the grey......just think how close we were to NO facemasks at all in the 1990s!

    GO BROWNS!

    1975_1995__1999_2005_white_facemask-1.jpg

    1961_1974_numbers_removed_gray_facemask-1.jpg

  • I actually like the brown face mask.. it looks badass instead of Wimpy white!

  • I like em all! 

  • I would not be a fan of a white helmet. 

    @mark-o said:

    I would not be a fan of a white helmet. 

    Ditto Mark. I was well aware watching the old film clips of Otto Graham that the Browns did have a white helmet- way back. But the orange helmet with no logo is such a mainstay, I can't believe they'd mess with it after 60+ years...   

  • I actually like the brown face mask.. it looks badass instead of Wimpy white!

    @nickers said:

    I actually like the brown face mask.. it looks badass instead of Wimpy white!

    White reminds me of the rather exciting Kosar years......but the Sipe years were also quite exciting. I did grow up watching the successful late 1950s and early 1960s Jim Brown years.

    GO BROWNS!

  • I could see us wearing a white helmet, with a orange facemask, and the helmet stripes could be one orange and two brown. I would like to see that combination. I actually did a home made custom BROWNS  McFarlane figure with a white helmet, orange facemask and the helmet stripes.

  • If anyone could screw up the helmets, it would be the Haslams.

  • Loved the grey facemasks, like the brown ones more than I thought I would, pretty meh on the white facemasks. Always thought they looked like they were made of cheap plastic. 

    A white helmet would most likely make the Browns look like the Miami Hurricanes, just switch out dark green for brown. 

  • born in 63, leaves me only 1 helmet to choose from..Leave it Alone!! the face bars should match the weekly unie choice of brown,orange or white..a screwdriver, rivet gun & a 3 set of colored plastic face bars Jimmy.. 3kK2.gif      

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Last item.  No way.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/1/17/18186569/cleveland-browns-helmet-history

    What a great post. Thanks for sharing! 

    White helmets? Heck no. I actually think I like our current ones. In fact, I haven't even SEEN a proposed design that I remotely like. I'd be shocked if we change it. 

  • I like the Orange helmet with the white face mask 

    @browns149 said:

    I like the Orange helmet with the white face mask 

    That's my fave too

  • I prefer the plain orange helmets, but when we win a Super Bowl, NOBODY will give a damn what color our helmets & facemasks are!

    Mike

  • White helmets...orange shirts.  Brown pants

    Team  Candy Corn!!!

  • Love the white face masks....

    @lbc-mike said:

    Last item.  No way.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/1/17/18186569/cleveland-browns-helmet-history

    Would be a cool throwback...

    ... but only if we can use the white ball as well.

  • If anyone could screw up the helmets, it would be the Haslams.

    @orion said:

    If anyone could screw up the helmets, it would be the Haslams.

    Hillbilly decor and style isn't really appealing... Everytime I see the titans or the Jaguars unis.. And TBays I wanna puke!

  • Love the white face masks....

    @lbc-mike said:

    Last item.  No way.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/1/17/18186569/cleveland-browns-helmet-history

    Would be a cool throwback...

    ... but only if we can use the white ball as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    Love the white face masks....

    Would be a cool throwback...

    ... but only if we can use the white ball as well.

    Exactly!   

    Although our most recent turnover differential from "see ball - get ball" implied they're finally seeing the brown ball.   Now if we can just get everyone to keep their heads up long enough to tackle people with that ball - we just might put an end to the musical Defensive Coordinators series.   1 "Horton Hears a Boo + 65,000 more" was enough but of course we got the encore. When you rehire a dumpster fire just to make sure he's really flammable - you can't expect the fans to be reasonable from the unreasonable circumstance you just sentenced them to.  

    Jimmy has as much summer school in him as I do when it comes down to how long it takes him to get it.  That's probably because he's just as impatient as me.  Having said all that above, I REALLY do think Jimmy WANTS to win if anyone ever bothers to look into how his passion intercepted a Manning family tradition at Ole Miss with Jimmy's private plane ride.  While Peyton never beat Florida or won a National Championship - he was such a recruiting attraction that UT won the National Championship the year after he graduated.  While the NFL is a different animal with a bigger learning curve, I think Jimmy leapfrogged ego and unicorn to give himself the honest self eval necessary for better program planning.  The last draft and off season reflected that as well as putting someone else with more evolved hiring criteria in charge of latest Head Coaching search. Big reason we didn't end up with Adam Gase after his good buddy Peyton blew that in Jimmy's ear. He also listened to Dorsey when it was time for a mercy flush on Hue.   

    Back to our topic.  Rumor has it the color orange works better for Jimmy than viagra when he wants the thing between his thighs to make his Levi's rise.  That being the case, I think we're safe with the orange helmets for awhile.  As always, stay tuned...

  • White helmets...orange shirts.  Brown pants

    Team  Candy Corn!!!

    @kvoethe said:

    White helmets...orange shirts.  Brown pants

    Team  Candy Corn!!!

    Hilarious

  • I like the ones with the sharpie looking written numbers on the side of the helmet. We don’t need no stinking logo! Haha.

  • We should have football colored helmets, jerseys, facemasks and gloves so we can hide the ball better. Worked well when Texas switched from bright orange to burnt orange jerseys under DKR. Made QB James Street running the wishbone look like a magic man.