Skip to content

Conference Finals live Chat room

The Browns Board
308 31 5.3k 1
  • I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl just like I have for most of my 51 years of life. I'll update this forum with the score, since it seems no one else will be watching.

    Carry on with the conspiracy theories, I always like a good fiction novel before bed...... Go Rams, and most importantly:  

    RUN THE BALL SEAN!! 😆😆😆

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl just like I have for most of my 51 years of life. I'll update this forum with the score, since it seems no one else will be watching.

    Carry on with the conspiracy theories, I always like a good fiction novel before bed...... Go Rams, and most importantly:  

    RUN THE BALL SEAN!! 😆😆😆

    I'll be watching as well and I want the Patriots.  Screw smell A and the bandwagon fans. 

    Plus I win $260 if the Patriots win the super bowl so there's that as well. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    For needing a pile of apology letters each week, you’d think the league would invest something into better officiating. The owners profits are astounding and yet they won’t even invest anything into better officiating. You know...training. But then again, maybe a woman ref on the sideline will fix things

    A woman ref would be a cluster fuck disaster.. I can just see players getting ejected at an exponential rate for calling her a bitch when a play gets called against them.. It's bad enough we have to deal with female reporters who think they're snatch doesnt stink'

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    A woman ref would be a cluster fuck disaster.. I can just see players getting ejected at an exponential rate for calling her a bitch when a play gets called against them.. It's bad enough we have to deal with female reporters who think they're snatch doesnt stink'

    The nfl is taking some steps in making officiating better

    29C4BED5-F021-4D58-8B8D-6FE2B0A141C2.jpeg

  • Thanks again Brownies Fandom..we do love to chat some ball. These refs crews are scored weekly to fall into these big playoff games.The John Parry crew has been elected to call the SB. The Browns have not seen the John Parry crew since 2010.. The NFC (Bill Vinovich) nor AFC (Clete Blakeman) refs neither called a Browns game this season. But we have had our share of the same issues & through out any of the league games. Replay has become a frame by frame answer & media officials want to become the fans experts..This Game needs to be saved from its self made issues, ruining it. The Refs can be blamed in almost every game. But the play review was made with the 'chance'(selected plays?) of getting the call correct..Either correct them all or dump the whole damn replay system & call stands.. It's conclusive, we are ruining a great game.. Edit- I've also heard of giving the coaches 2/3 green flags to override any call to replay..It's not just a silly idea anymore?    

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Thanks again Brownies Fandom..we do love to chat some ball. These refs crews are scored weekly to fall into these big playoff games.The John Parry crew has been elected to call the SB. The Browns have not seen the John Parry crew since 2010.. The NFC (Bill Vinovich) nor AFC (Clete Blakeman) refs neither called a Browns game this season. But we have had our share of the same issues & through out any of the league games. Replay has become a frame by frame answer & media officials want to become the fans experts..This Game needs to be saved from its self made issues, ruining it. The Refs can be blamed in almost every game. But the play review was made with the 'chance'(selected plays?) of getting the call correct..Either correct them all or dump the whole damn replay system & call stands.. It's conclusive, we are ruining a great game.. Edit- I've also heard of giving the coaches 2/3 green flags to override any call to replay..It's not just a silly idea anymore?    

    I could get on board with that idea regarding penalties. The roughing the passer call the refs gifted Brady when he was barely touched. Or the no call the KC wr got shoved out of bounds no PI. 

    Let's not forget the blatant false start no call in the Browns- Chargers game that gifted the Chargers a free td. Because the DL was waiting for the flag that never came.

    At least this year with a better record, we should be getting better refs...

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    The way to fix it is very simple.   Just make everything reviewable.  Then you wouldn't have these issues of the league saying afterwards, yeah we blew that call.  Give the coaches one extra challenge and let them review anything they want.  Inside 2 minutes let the replay official buzz down to the field to stop play when need be, just like they do now.  

    The technology for replay is there and there's no reason for there to be so many missed calls every single week.   I've been saying it here all season whenever someone says that only the Browns get bad calls, it happens in nearly every game, and it happens every single Sunday.  This season seemed like it was much worse than it had been the last few seasons.

  • The way to fix it is very simple.   Just make everything reviewable.  Then you wouldn't have these issues of the league saying afterwards, yeah we blew that call.  Give the coaches one extra challenge and let them review anything they want.  Inside 2 minutes let the replay official buzz down to the field to stop play when need be, just like they do now.  

    The technology for replay is there and there's no reason for there to be so many missed calls every single week.   I've been saying it here all season whenever someone says that only the Browns get bad calls, it happens in nearly every game, and it happens every single Sunday.  This season seemed like it was much worse than it had been the last few seasons.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    The way to fix it is very simple.   Just make everything reviewable.  Then you wouldn't have these issues of the league saying afterwards, yeah we blew that call.  Give the coaches one extra challenge and let them review anything they want.  Inside 2 minutes let the replay official buzz down to the field to stop play when need be, just like they do now.  

    The technology for replay is there and there's no reason for there to be so many missed calls every single week.   I've been saying it here all season whenever someone says that only the Browns get bad calls, it happens in nearly every game, and it happens every single Sunday.  This season seemed like it was much worse than it had been the last few seasons.

    As some have said a lot of the best refs retired, rather than put up with all the BS they had to officiate. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    Related image

  • Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    Related image

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    Wow....old school Rams dudes there.   Im pretty sure I have Jack Snow football cards in my box of cards.   I used to think it was a cool name as a kid. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    watching some of those chiefs highlights....the Chiefs interior lineman "sucked". They kept opening gigantic running lanes. When a team is running all over you, why are you lining up your DT's in the gaps and having them get upfield? NE's OL just trap blocked the absolute shit out of them all day long. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    NFL referee Sarah Thomas will live in infamy in the realm of Browns fans.

    I’m sure we all remember the famous Duke Johnson phantom fumble. . .

    CE5C9E26-AF37-41A6-A3CB-BB81DEC4E4AF.png

  • Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    Related image

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @orion said:

    Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    I held no grudge against the Rams- way back in the days of the Fearsome Foursome. Loved Merlin Olson.  But those days are long gone. They became the Carpetbagging Shams.  

    This is the Cliff Notes version, if your want the whole shady story, you can read it here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Rams

    Prior to the Rams 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident. His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere fired her step-son, Steve Rosenbloom, and assumed total control of the franchise." Georgia then strong-armed the League getting her to move to St. Louis a few years later...   

    Falling on hard times in St. Louis, another deal- which was not allowed by League rules (can't own other major league sports franchises)the team was sold to Missouri Native Carpetbagger Stan Kroenke. If you think Modell was bad- at least he wasn't originally from Ohio.  Even though St Louis had the best improved stadium deal on the table, Kroenke flipped the city the bird, and (with the blessing of can we say dirtball Jerry Jones) moved the team back to LA, which the League had long wanted to have a team in the #2 TV market in the country- even though apparently the locals could care less...  And in case you're interested, St. Louis is a bigger market than at least nine other cities that currently have NFL teams....  Too bad, because I can't see them getting an NFL team back in the foreseeable future...   

    So screw you Rams...  And while were at it- screw you too Patriots.  At least those UCLA basketball Championships in the '60s are ancient history, and I hope 50 years from now New England is waiting for their next Super Bowl appearance...  You've won more than your share.   Super Bowl LIII, and the Browns and Lions are still waiting for their first trip....  

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

  • AxeA Axe

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

  • @orion said:

    Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    I held no grudge against the Rams- way back in the days of the Fearsome Foursome. Loved Merlin Olson.  But those days are long gone. They became the Carpetbagging Shams.  

    This is the Cliff Notes version, if your want the whole shady story, you can read it here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Rams

    Prior to the Rams 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident. His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere fired her step-son, Steve Rosenbloom, and assumed total control of the franchise." Georgia then strong-armed the League getting her to move to St. Louis a few years later...   

    Falling on hard times in St. Louis, another deal- which was not allowed by League rules (can't own other major league sports franchises)the team was sold to Missouri Native Carpetbagger Stan Kroenke. If you think Modell was bad- at least he wasn't originally from Ohio.  Even though St Louis had the best improved stadium deal on the table, Kroenke flipped the city the bird, and (with the blessing of can we say dirtball Jerry Jones) moved the team back to LA, which the League had long wanted to have a team in the #2 TV market in the country- even though apparently the locals could care less...  And in case you're interested, St. Louis is a bigger market than at least nine other cities that currently have NFL teams....  Too bad, because I can't see them getting an NFL team back in the foreseeable future...   

    So screw you Rams...  And while were at it- screw you too Patriots.  At least those UCLA basketball Championships in the '60s are ancient history, and I hope 50 years from now New England is waiting for their next Super Bowl appearance...  You've won more than your share.   Super Bowl LIII, and the Browns and Lions are still waiting for their first trip....  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team.

    Yes.  Never liked her.  My brother used to complain about her.  We wished for her to sell the team.

  • @axe said:

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

    Ummm, dude, it's a joke.. 😁

  • AxeA Axe

    @mark-o said:

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

    Ummm, dude, it's a joke.. 😁

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    Ummm, dude, it's a joke.. 😁

    no kidding?

  • @orion said:

    Browns fan from beginning...to end.

    ...but I always held the Rams as a very distant 2nd favorite team.  I used to like Roman Gabriel / Jack Snow,  Merlin Olsen / Deacon Jones days.

    I held no grudge against the Rams- way back in the days of the Fearsome Foursome. Loved Merlin Olson.  But those days are long gone. They became the Carpetbagging Shams.  

    This is the Cliff Notes version, if your want the whole shady story, you can read it here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Rams

    Prior to the Rams 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident. His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere fired her step-son, Steve Rosenbloom, and assumed total control of the franchise." Georgia then strong-armed the League getting her to move to St. Louis a few years later...   

    Falling on hard times in St. Louis, another deal- which was not allowed by League rules (can't own other major league sports franchises)the team was sold to Missouri Native Carpetbagger Stan Kroenke. If you think Modell was bad- at least he wasn't originally from Ohio.  Even though St Louis had the best improved stadium deal on the table, Kroenke flipped the city the bird, and (with the blessing of can we say dirtball Jerry Jones) moved the team back to LA, which the League had long wanted to have a team in the #2 TV market in the country- even though apparently the locals could care less...  And in case you're interested, St. Louis is a bigger market than at least nine other cities that currently have NFL teams....  Too bad, because I can't see them getting an NFL team back in the foreseeable future...   

    So screw you Rams...  And while were at it- screw you too Patriots.  At least those UCLA basketball Championships in the '60s are ancient history, and I hope 50 years from now New England is waiting for their next Super Bowl appearance...  You've won more than your share.   Super Bowl LIII, and the Browns and Lions are still waiting for their first trip....  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I held no grudge against the Rams- way back in the days of the Fearsome Foursome. Loved Merlin Olson.  But those days are long gone. They became the Carpetbagging Shams.  

    This is the Cliff Notes version, if your want the whole shady story, you can read it here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Rams

    Prior to the Rams 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident. His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere fired her step-son, Steve Rosenbloom, and assumed total control of the franchise." Georgia then strong-armed the League getting her to move to St. Louis a few years later...   

    Falling on hard times in St. Louis, another deal- which was not allowed by League rules (can't own other major league sports franchises)the team was sold to Missouri Native Carpetbagger Stan Kroenke. If you think Modell was bad- at least he wasn't originally from Ohio.  Even though St Louis had the best improved stadium deal on the table, Kroenke flipped the city the bird, and (with the blessing of can we say dirtball Jerry Jones) moved the team back to LA, which the League had long wanted to have a team in the #2 TV market in the country- even though apparently the locals could care less...  And in case you're interested, St. Louis is a bigger market than at least nine other cities that currently have NFL teams....  Too bad, because I can't see them getting an NFL team back in the foreseeable future...   

    So screw you Rams...  And while were at it- screw you too Patriots.  At least those UCLA basketball Championships in the '60s are ancient history, and I hope 50 years from now New England is waiting for their next Super Bowl appearance...  You've won more than your share.   Super Bowl LIII, and the Browns and Lions are still waiting for their first trip....  

    The Browns won seven championships in a 10 year time span so I’m not worried about the patriots matching that

  • @axe said:

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Not entirely accurate.    I'm not rooting for the Rams and I'd be willing to be the majority of San Diego county isn't either.   San Diego is anti-Los Angeles in any sport.

    But the question is would the majority of the people in the state of California prefer the rams are the patriots. Not just San Diego

  • @hoorta said:

    I held no grudge against the Rams- way back in the days of the Fearsome Foursome. Loved Merlin Olson.  But those days are long gone. They became the Carpetbagging Shams.  

    This is the Cliff Notes version, if your want the whole shady story, you can read it here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_St._Louis_Rams

    Prior to the Rams 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident. His widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere fired her step-son, Steve Rosenbloom, and assumed total control of the franchise." Georgia then strong-armed the League getting her to move to St. Louis a few years later...   

    Falling on hard times in St. Louis, another deal- which was not allowed by League rules (can't own other major league sports franchises)the team was sold to Missouri Native Carpetbagger Stan Kroenke. If you think Modell was bad- at least he wasn't originally from Ohio.  Even though St Louis had the best improved stadium deal on the table, Kroenke flipped the city the bird, and (with the blessing of can we say dirtball Jerry Jones) moved the team back to LA, which the League had long wanted to have a team in the #2 TV market in the country- even though apparently the locals could care less...  And in case you're interested, St. Louis is a bigger market than at least nine other cities that currently have NFL teams....  Too bad, because I can't see them getting an NFL team back in the foreseeable future...   

    So screw you Rams...  And while were at it- screw you too Patriots.  At least those UCLA basketball Championships in the '60s are ancient history, and I hope 50 years from now New England is waiting for their next Super Bowl appearance...  You've won more than your share.   Super Bowl LIII, and the Browns and Lions are still waiting for their first trip....  

    The Browns won seven championships in a 10 year time span so I’m not worried about the patriots matching that

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns won seven championships in a 10 year time span so I’m not worried about the patriots matching that

    You forced me to look this up. The AAFC did not entirely merge with the NFL- as the AFL did. The Browns won three championships from 1950 until 1964 by NFL reckoning- by Pro Football HOF standards, and that's the yardstick that matters,  not yours. According to the NFL- your count doesn't mean jack shit, as far as official records are concerned. Anything Otto Graham did prior to 1950? Ditto. Three teams in the (minor league) AAFC folded.  Go ahead, count those AAFC championships if you must. They mean about as much as any team that won a USFL Championship- where a lot of "useful" players from that league wound up in the NFL when the league folded, including several that landed on the Browns... 

    I'm not saying the AAFC Browns weren't a great team,  just don't go saying "I count those Championships" because the NFL doesn't.

  • AxeA Axe

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Honest question: The Patriots in the south is Lousiana, where New Orleans is? I don't know by heart all the states.

  • @axe said:

    50292169_2325072157539459_29653682142733

    Honest question: The Patriots in the south is Lousiana, where New Orleans is? I don't know by heart all the states.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Honest question: The Patriots in the south is Lousiana, where New Orleans is? I don't know by heart all the states.

    You are correct.

    I would've thought that Florida would be for the Pats.....as so many of us New Englanders are there this time of year.