Conference Finals live Chat room
-
-
-
It was a bad call...... what more can I say... I'm not blind.....
If you think that Sean called a good series after the 2min warning, then I don't know what more to say..... other than I'm really glad your not in charge of the Browns' game day strategy!
I think Sean Payton called a play where his WR beat the DB so badly that the DB interfered with the WR (and never saw the ball he had his back to).
I think Sean Payton called a play where his WR beat the DB so badly that the DB interfered with the WR (and never saw the ball he had his back to).
What about the 1st down throw??? That was the play I referenced all along...... That play called by Sean lead to his loss.
The Rams only had 2TOs left and the 2min warning had already been called.....If good old Seanie boy runs the football 3 times in a row, he forces the Rams to take their final 2 TOs, and runs the clock down to 45ish seconds before kicking the go ahead.... and probably game winning FG.... and again, YES, THE MISSED DPI WAS A TERRIBLE NON CALL.
^ ...... with that being said and on a side note, I wonder if the Browns would've been on that field instead of the Rams, under the exact same circumstances....... I wonder how many of us would be crying about the refs right now?? lol
-
Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL. Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.
Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL. Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.
We have a student of the game here after all!
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
-
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
It puts an Asterisk on anything the Rams do , going forward...
-
Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL. Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
Yep.
Browns were leading the Saints 12-3 earlier this season, when on a 4th and 5, Brees threw incomplete....but wait, here comes the phantom "defensive holding flag," and bingo, the Saints score the very next play.
Bad calls are a direct result of instant replay. I think officiating has gotten progressively worse since the NFL decided to use it.
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
1) Agree.... I thought the Boy Wonder blew it by not going for it.
2) Yep... can't add much more myself
3) Bad calls are now, and always will be a part of the game.... but this one will live in infamy.
4) "but that call is made as it should have been and game is over."...... ASSuming the kick was made, and not blocked and returned 91yds for the game winning TD
-
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
It puts an Asterisk on anything the Rams do , going forward...
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I have great respect for Brees. I was gunning for the Rams to win, but that penalty made the win sketchy. It's not a legitimate win at all.
If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.
In a fair called game, the Saints win. There is no integrity in the NFL anymore.
-
Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL. Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
I’m not sure if your tone is directed towards me, but I said “terrible no call” and I didn’t say anything about the actual playcall.
I said “Welcome to the NFL” because us, as Browns fans, were screwed on multiple occasions this year. I saw the Seahawks get screwed against the Chargers on an out of bounds call that altered the game.
I never said the Saints didn’t get screwed, but I’m not mad because they did get screwed on one call.
We were screwed, too, everyone gets screwed with these subpar refs.
-
Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all...........
I'm guessing no.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
-
Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all...........
I'm guessing no.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rat's ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning!
Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that.
-
-
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
-
as said already, THAT failure to call was such a disgrace I can't imagine the NFL not finally getting some serious heat for it.
Do they care?
Don't bet on it. There were TWO no calls on obvious pass interference on the rams secondary the first one, the defender was laughing that he got away with it apparently, but that last fiasco - just a disgrace.
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
I wouldn't feel like we won legit. I'd feel like anytime we say we beat the team (lets say it was the steelers) they'd use the excuse because it was because of the refs no-calling it and giving the game away. I'd be ashamed at the league like I am now. It's not right for any team to get screwed by the refs in this way.
But how can people not say the league wanted the Rams to be in the superbowl after this? The ref this happened in front of should be fined and fired.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
