Conference Finals live Chat room
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I have great respect for Brees. I was gunning for the Rams to win, but that penalty made the win sketchy. It's not a legitimate win at all.
If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.
In a fair called game, the Saints win. There is no integrity in the NFL anymore.
-
Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL. Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.
It was a great call. A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game. The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.
Fucked what happened before. Fuck what happened after. In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.
IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.
Consistency ladies. Practice that shit.
I’m not sure if your tone is directed towards me, but I said “terrible no call” and I didn’t say anything about the actual playcall.
I said “Welcome to the NFL” because us, as Browns fans, were screwed on multiple occasions this year. I saw the Seahawks get screwed against the Chargers on an out of bounds call that altered the game.
I never said the Saints didn’t get screwed, but I’m not mad because they did get screwed on one call.
We were screwed, too, everyone gets screwed with these subpar refs.
-
Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all...........
I'm guessing no.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
-
Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all...........
I'm guessing no.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rat's ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning!
Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that.
-
-
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
-
as said already, THAT failure to call was such a disgrace I can't imagine the NFL not finally getting some serious heat for it.
Do they care?
Don't bet on it. There were TWO no calls on obvious pass interference on the rams secondary the first one, the defender was laughing that he got away with it apparently, but that last fiasco - just a disgrace.
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
I wouldn't feel like we won legit. I'd feel like anytime we say we beat the team (lets say it was the steelers) they'd use the excuse because it was because of the refs no-calling it and giving the game away. I'd be ashamed at the league like I am now. It's not right for any team to get screwed by the refs in this way.
But how can people not say the league wanted the Rams to be in the superbowl after this? The ref this happened in front of should be fined and fired.
-
I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all.
I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.
If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rat's ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning!
Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that.
If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rats ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning!
Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that.
I like your hypothesis, but I'd say that I don't mind calls going our way in regular season (16 games, calls go your way and others don't). But in the deciding moments of a playoff game in the 4th quarter?
It sucks to win that way.
Keeping with the hypothesis, though, as a Rams fan I wouldn't mind winning the Patriots if they somehow get in the SB due to some refball too.
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
-
No doubt that Payton erred strategically, but that no call by the refs is inexcusable. Inept or paid off? I see no other answer & the NFL damn well better address this.
Mike
-
-
-
-
I don't know what I would do if a Browns receiver got rocked like that by a DB who's head made "zero" attempt to look back at the ball. And the DB didn't try to even make a play on the ball by throwing his hands up, it was a blatant tackle. Look I wanted the Rams to win but good god wtf was that? If the Browns are ever denied a playoff win or god forbid a trip to the SB by a call like that im done with the NFL....."period". Done. How on earth does that go uncalled? "Blatant" doesn't do justice to that no call....you didn't even need replay. WR goes up for a perfectly catchable ball and gets "rocked" before the ball get there. Im not even sure if that DB wouldn't get called for defenseless receiver hit had he delivered that shot "after" the WR had made the catch. It's baffling on all levels you look at it. I dislike the Saints but geeezzz, gotta put the dislike away and say c'mon man...every single one of those refs on that side of the field should be jobless tomorrow. I don't even want to see a div 3 HS game with those refs on it.
-
If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.
....... what if it happened FOR the Browns?
-
-
I don't understand:
1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?
2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.
3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that?
Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.
I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.
I have great respect for Brees. I was gunning for the Rams to win, but that penalty made the win sketchy. It's not a legitimate win at all.
If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.
In a fair called game, the Saints win. There is no integrity in the NFL anymore.
If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.
ok ok ok, if that happened on our behalf vs the Steelers......weellllll………….but ONLY against the Steelers cause we've had crap like that from them get no called. Only shittspuke. There, my integrity/principle is still 75% intact. ?
-
If im the owner of the saints im filing a complaint with the NFL to the effect that if those refs still have a job next year....NO doesn't take the field. And I would want a "formal" announcement from Goodell himself essentially saying the Saints won that game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

