Dutch's '18 Browns Questions
-
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?
Zombo: 17
jcam222: 10.5
Tour2ma: 15.5
Nero: 12
Coyote: 15
mjp: 17.5
Bob806: 17
FlyinJ: 13
Flugel: 13
gumby: 14.5
DutchOven: 10.5
JDailey: 11
Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
Is that a first?
-
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
*Sigh* I never mentioned your mother...
-
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
Is that a first?
Is that a first?
I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.
The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... ?
-
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
Italian? Then what's up with the screen name? The last 2 Italian guys that wanted to be Dutch were Brutus and Cassius.
Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?
-
I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific.
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"
Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.
Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific" used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition: "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction" I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.
-
-
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective
-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.
Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific" used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition: "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction" I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.
Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific" used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition: "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction" I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.
Well, the root of the word is "terr" which stands for terror... So it had that meaning so it is misleading for us non native English speakers.
-
-
13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?
Zombo: Yes
jcam222: Yes
Tour2ma: Yes
Nero: No, 12/30/18
Coyote: Yes
mjp: Yes
Bob806: Yes
FlyinJ: Yes
Flugel: Yes
gumby: No, bye week
Dutch Oven: No, 12/30/18
JDailey: No, 11/12/18
Answer: The Hue Jackson Era ended on 10/29/18, fired after the Steelers game, which is damn near tradition at this point.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I have to admit, the answers to this blew me away even at the time. The overwhelming optimism that Hue was going to make it through the season and would be the head coach going into the 2019 season was surprising considering the overall sentiment on this board. Jdailey and gumby were within two weeks for the win.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach.
-
Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific" used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition: "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction" I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.
Well, the root of the word is "terr" which stands for terror... So it had that meaning so it is misleading for us non native English speakers.
-
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
Italian? Then what's up with the screen name? The last 2 Italian guys that wanted to be Dutch were Brutus and Cassius.
Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?
Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?
Ironically, I took Nero about 12 years ago and didn't know it was Italian or anything... Though later I thought it suited me. Anyway, just to clarify, I'm Spanish, so bear in mind that I don't pronounce it like most of you would: "Niro" I pronounce it like "Nero" instead.
-
13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?
Zombo: Yes
jcam222: Yes
Tour2ma: Yes
Nero: No, 12/30/18
Coyote: Yes
mjp: Yes
Bob806: Yes
FlyinJ: Yes
Flugel: Yes
gumby: No, bye week
Dutch Oven: No, 12/30/18
JDailey: No, 11/12/18
Answer: The Hue Jackson Era ended on 10/29/18, fired after the Steelers game, which is damn near tradition at this point.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I have to admit, the answers to this blew me away even at the time. The overwhelming optimism that Hue was going to make it through the season and would be the head coach going into the 2019 season was surprising considering the overall sentiment on this board. Jdailey and gumby were within two weeks for the win.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach.
13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach.
The popular vote was 8 yes 4 no which shows how those things can work out......sometimes.

-
13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach.
The popular vote was 8 yes 4 no which shows how those things can work out......sometimes.

The popular vote was 8 yes 4 no which shows how those things can work out......sometimes.

At the time I wouldn't had thought there was 8 people on the entire board who thought Hue would be the head coach for the upcoming season.
So it was somewhat shocking to see 2/3rds of the predictors think that.
-
Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?
Ironically, I took Nero about 12 years ago and didn't know it was Italian or anything... Though later I thought it suited me. Anyway, just to clarify, I'm Spanish, so bear in mind that I don't pronounce it like most of you would: "Niro" I pronounce it like "Nero" instead.
Ironically, I took Nero about 12 years ago and didn't know it was Italian or anything... Though later I thought it suited me. Anyway, just to clarify, I'm Spanish, so bear in mind that I don't pronounce it like most of you would: "Niro" I pronounce it like "Nero" instead.
Hey, it works. He was like the very first Andrew Dice Clay except he was in charge of the Roman Empire.
Knowing you're Spanish - the only alternative screen name I could see for you was a badasss fictional Gladiator called "Spaniard".
-
Is that a first?
I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.
The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... ?
I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.
The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... ?
VT was a riot. He came up with some of the wildest shit I ever read. VT is on Twitter. No super active, but he's on there.
-
14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?
Zombo: Atlanta over LA Chargers
jcam222: Minnesota over New England
Tour2ma: LA Rams over Jacksonville
Nero: New Orleans over LA Chargers
Coyote: New England over LA Rams
mjp: Green Bay over Houston
Bob806: New England over Minnesota
FlyinJ: Minnesota over New England
Flugel: LA Rams over Jacksonville
gumby: New England over Minnesota
Dutch Oven: Atlanta over Pittsburgh
JDailey: Philadelphia over New England
Answer: The New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 for their sixth Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I understand why the Patriots are hated, I totally get it. But there's something impressive watching a team do what it has for as long as it has, especially considering how few players will end up in the Hall of Fame from this run. (In relation to other dynasties in NFL history) Three posters correctly chose New England winning the Super Bowl, but only Coyote nailed the exact result of them defeating the Rams.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one guy chose two teams who didn't even make the playoffs, and that dummy was me - Dutch Oven.
-
Thanks to everyone who played along, we'll post another one of these just prior to the 2019 season opener!
-
-
14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?
Zombo: Atlanta over LA Chargers
jcam222: Minnesota over New England
Tour2ma: LA Rams over Jacksonville
Nero: New Orleans over LA Chargers
Coyote: New England over LA Rams
mjp: Green Bay over Houston
Bob806: New England over Minnesota
FlyinJ: Minnesota over New England
Flugel: LA Rams over Jacksonville
gumby: New England over Minnesota
Dutch Oven: Atlanta over Pittsburgh
JDailey: Philadelphia over New England
Answer: The New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 for their sixth Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I understand why the Patriots are hated, I totally get it. But there's something impressive watching a team do what it has for as long as it has, especially considering how few players will end up in the Hall of Fame from this run. (In relation to other dynasties in NFL history) Three posters correctly chose New England winning the Super Bowl, but only Coyote nailed the exact result of them defeating the Rams.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one guy chose two teams who didn't even make the playoffs, and that dummy was me - Dutch Oven.
14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?
Dutch Oven: Atlanta over Pittsburgh

Answer: The New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 for their sixth Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I understand why the Patriots are hated, I totally get it. But there's something impressive watching a team do what it has for as long as it has, especially considering how few players will end up in the Hall of Fame from this run. (In relation to other dynasties in NFL history) Three posters correctly chose New England winning the Super Bowl, but only Coyote nailed the exact result of them defeating the Rams.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one guy chose two teams who didn't even make the playoffs, and that dummy was me - Dutch Oven.
Yes sometimes it feels so good being so wrong!

See you all in the Dutch's '19 Browns Questions.
-
Very well done and very fun read Dutch. Remind me to play along next year. Guessing games like this always feels like trying to piss into a soup can off a 2 story building, which really sounds fun unless you feel like you’re actually expected to land a few drops in the can. A can full of piss is not necessarilly better than a pissless can, and that is liberating.
-
Very well done and very fun read Dutch. Remind me to play along next year. Guessing games like this always feels like trying to piss into a soup can off a 2 story building, which really sounds fun unless you feel like you’re actually expected to land a few drops in the can. A can full of piss is not necessarilly better than a pissless can, and that is liberating.
Very well done and very fun read Dutch. Remind me to play along next year. Guessing games like this always feels like trying to piss into a soup can off a 2 story building, which really sounds fun unless you feel like you’re actually expected to land a few drops in the can. A can full of piss is not necessarilly better than a pissless can, and that is liberating.
Here's your reminder......
- NFL Kickoff Game: The Kickoff Game is scheduled for September 5, televised nationally by NBC. If previous precedent is followed, it will feature the Super Bowl LIII champion New England Patriots and will be hosted at Gillette Stadium. However, the Patriots could play instead in the season opener of Sunday Night Football, which would allow the NFL to schedule another game for the Kickoff Game. One possibility may feature the Chicago Bears hosting the Green Bay Packers to begin the Bears' 100th season, which would be a reverse-fixture from Week 1 in 2018 where the Packers were the host to begin their 100th season.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login