The nominations are in
-
https://ew.com/oscars/2019/01/22/oscars-nominations-2019-list/amp/
Well that's good. I've seen a few that were predicted to get a nomination that were pretty much a waste of time but I've seen all these best pictures. I really don't see one that's worthy of an Oscar but there are some I didn't hate as badly as others. Damned with faint praise?
By the way Roma is not even an English so it can blow me.
WSS
-
Best Picture
Black Panthermediocre superhero movie only there because it played the race card
BlacKkKlansmancrappy movie but typical Spike Lee hates the white man crap
Bohemian Rhapsodynot a great movie, a paint-by-numbers biopic, but if you really like Queen it should be pretty enjoyable.
The FavouriteI found it dull and disgusting. No entertainment value whatsoever.
Green Bookyet another film about race relations but with an uplifting message and compelling characters.
Romaforeign language? Netflix? Blow me.
A Star Is Bornenjoyable enough. Pretty good performances and even though Lady Gaga with better than you might expect she's still not on par with real actresses.
Vicedidn't particularly care for the movie witch tried too hard to make their political accusations stick but excellent performances especially from Christian Bale
wSS
-
Best Picture
Black Panther....a decent superhero movies (far better origin story than say Aquaman)...but agree with Steve...only on the list because it is Africentric
Vice....Only other one I saw. A two sided look at the coin that was Dick Cheney. But I would not say it was Best picture material at all.
So...hopefully one of the ones I have not seen will be worth.
Actor in a Leading Role
Christian Bale, Vice....Only one I have seen. His performance would be worth it
Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
Willem Dafoe, At Eternity’s Gate
Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
Viggo Mortensen, Green Book
Actress in a Leading Role
Yalitza Aparicio, Roma
Glenn Close, The Wife
Olivia Colman, The Favourite
Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born
Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Saw none of these.
Actress in a Supporting Role
Amy Adams, Vice.....only one I saw. She too could be worthy to win.
Marina de Tavira, Roma
Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
Emma Stone, The Favourite
Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
Actor in a Supporting Role
Mahershala Ali, Green Book
Adam Driver, BlacKkKlansman
Sam Elliott, A Star Is Born
Richard E. Grant, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Sam Rockwell, Vice Only one I saw.....his performance NOT worthy in my opinion. Only had a brief time on screen and came off cartoonish.
Directing
BlacKkKlansman, Spike Lee
Cold War, Paweł Pawlikowski
The Favourite, Yorgos Lanthimos
Roma, Alfonso Cuarón
Vice, Adam McKay...only one I saw....Meh
Adapted Screenplay
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen Only one I saw. I could root for it easily
BlacKkKlansman, Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Kevin Willmott, and Spike Lee
Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Nicole Holofcener and Jeff Whitty
If Beale Street Could Talk, Barry Jenkins
A Star Is Born, Eric Roth, Bradley Cooper, and Will Fetters
Original Screenplay
The Favourite, Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara
First Reformed, Paul Schrader
Green Book, Nick Vallelonga, Brian Currie, and Peter Farrelly
Roma, Alfonso Cuarón
Vice, Adam McKay
saw none.
So...since there are so many of these movies/performances that I have not seen, I will have to do so....if they are still playing.
-
I didn't see that many movies this year. In looking back, it was only certain big box office movies that I saw:
Black Panther
Vice.......these first two the only ones on the list
Ready Player One
Crazy Rich Asians (saw on a plane)
The Crimes of Grindelwald
Aquaman
Solo
The Avengers-Infinity Wars
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Predator
The Incredibles 2
Jurassic World...Fallen Kingdom
Mission Impossible...Fallout
The Cloverfield Paradox
The House with the Clock in the Walls.
So, as you can see there were a ton of movies I did not see. Of the above...the one, to me, that was the most entertaining was probably the Mission Impossible-Fallout movie.
-
https://ew.com/oscars/2019/01/22/oscars-nominations-2019-list/amp/
Well that's good. I've seen a few that were predicted to get a nomination that were pretty much a waste of time but I've seen all these best pictures. I really don't see one that's worthy of an Oscar but there are some I didn't hate as badly as others. Damned with faint praise?
By the way Roma is not even an English so it can blow me.
WSS
https://ew.com/oscars/2019/01/22/oscars-nominations-2019-list/amp/
Well that's good. I've seen a few that were predicted to get a nomination that were pretty much a waste of time but I've seen all these best pictures. I really don't see one that's worthy of an Oscar but there are some I didn't hate as badly as others. Damned with faint praise?
By the way Roma is not even an English so it can blow me.
WSS
I thought majority of movies sucked this year Westside Steve.
-
https://ew.com/oscars/2019/01/22/oscars-nominations-2019-list/amp/
Well that's good. I've seen a few that were predicted to get a nomination that were pretty much a waste of time but I've seen all these best pictures. I really don't see one that's worthy of an Oscar but there are some I didn't hate as badly as others. Damned with faint praise?
By the way Roma is not even an English so it can blow me.
WSS
I thought majority of movies sucked this year Westside Steve.
I thought majority of movies sucked this year Westside Steve.
I agree with you Still.
WSS
-
So if you have Black in the movie title, it qualifies for an Oscar this year?
-
So if you have Black in the movie title, it qualifies for an Oscar this year?
So if you have Black in the movie title, it qualifies for an Oscar this year?
True enough. The affirmative action Oscars thanks and part 2 1 of the least talented members of their race,Wiill Smith.
Race relations are the number one qualifier followed closely by homosexuality or Mexicans.
WSS
-
Christ, I don't think I've watched any of these movies, and I work on movies, this is ridiculous.
Roma will probably win a lot of things, since the academy has a hardon for Cuaron.
Christian Bale is an incredible actor. Havent seen the Cheney movie, and I dislike Cheney, but I heard the man pulled a Raging Bull again. Only Daniel Day Lewis is a better actor I think.
First Reformed, Paul Schrader - hmmm, Paul wrote taxi driver in two days with a loaded gun in his desk so i might have to check this out. Great screenwriter, and a great guy. This and Roma are the only movies that interest me. How many of these so called "movies" are original?
Maybe i'll have to make one of my own one of these days.
-
Christ, I don't think I've watched any of these movies, and I work on movies, this is ridiculous.
Roma will probably win a lot of things, since the academy has a hardon for Cuaron.
Christian Bale is an incredible actor. Havent seen the Cheney movie, and I dislike Cheney, but I heard the man pulled a Raging Bull again. Only Daniel Day Lewis is a better actor I think.
First Reformed, Paul Schrader - hmmm, Paul wrote taxi driver in two days with a loaded gun in his desk so i might have to check this out. Great screenwriter, and a great guy. This and Roma are the only movies that interest me. How many of these so called "movies" are original?
Maybe i'll have to make one of my own one of these days.
Christ, I don't think I've watched any of these movies, and I work on movies, this is ridiculous.
Roma will probably win a lot of things, since the academy has a hardon for Cuaron.
Christian Bale is an incredible actor. Havent seen the Cheney movie, and I dislike Cheney, but I heard the man pulled a Raging Bull again. Only Daniel Day Lewis is a better actor I think.
well they are both Elite. So is Gary Oldman for that matter. So is Kenneth Branagh.
First Reformed, Paul Schrader - hmmm, Paul wrote taxi driver in two days with a loaded gun in his desk so i might have to check this out. Great screenwriter, and a great guy. This and Roma are the only movies that interest me. How many of these so called "movies" are original?
Maybe i'll have to make one of my own one of these days.
like I said Romo isn't in English so it can blow me. But I would like to see first reformed. It's probably on some streaming service by now.
WSS
-
I will have to see A Star is Born just because Sam Elliot has received an Oscar nod. Ain't hardly nobody cooler than Sam Elliot.
-
Yeah as Christian Bale may win again. And really go see Star is Born. As need to see the other remakes again.
-
Yeah as Christian Bale may win again. And really go see Star is Born. As need to see the other remakes again.
Yeah as Christian Bale may win again. And really go see Star is Born. As need to see the other remakes again.
From a guy who's seen most of the oscar movies, and most of them being underwhelming, i'd say 100% CB deserves the award for his masterful transformation into Cheney. I didn't like "Vice" that much, but CB did an excellent job.
-
So if you have Black in the movie title, it qualifies for an Oscar this year?
So if you have Black in the movie title, it qualifies for an Oscar this year?
Or Green. LOL!?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login