2019 Mock Drafts
-
-
-
most of the mocks I've seen so far have the Def players worth anything going before we pick, so they have us taking a WR. Im not 100% against that IF that WR would under normal years be a top 10 prospect. I'll look at some tape tho but evaluating WR's in college isn't my thing cause a lot of them can look amazing lighting up collegiate secondaries but when it comes time to separate from NFL DB's....anyway, im still leaning to either trading up to get a DL/DE or trading completely out of the 1st round and stockpiling picks for trade capital.
-
unless a player falls on draft day, we'll see.
-
For the Browns pick at 17 I would like either of these but they could all go before we pick
Byron Murphy CB ...... Shut down corner opposite Ward ...... 2 islands in one team
Devin White ILB/OLB Bawl hawk, high intensity athlete, super fast
DK Metcalf WR .... NFL ready, number 1 receiver in first season
Dremont Jones .. DT ..... Buckeye run stuffer alongside Larry O, ideally would like a vet next to Larry O like Grady Jarrett but Jones has huge potential
-
Ive seen mocks with Devin going top 5
-
most of the mocks I've seen so far have the Def players worth anything going before we pick, so they have us taking a WR. Im not 100% against that IF that WR would under normal years be a top 10 prospect. I'll look at some tape tho but evaluating WR's in college isn't my thing cause a lot of them can look amazing lighting up collegiate secondaries but when it comes time to separate from NFL DB's....anyway, im still leaning to either trading up to get a DL/DE or trading completely out of the 1st round and stockpiling picks for trade capital.
trading completely out of the 1st round and stockpiling picks for trade capital.
Well that isn't going to happen so might as well embrace that little reality while you can.
-
For the Browns pick at 17 I would like either of these but they could all go before we pick
Byron Murphy CB ...... Shut down corner opposite Ward ...... 2 islands in one team
Devin White ILB/OLB Bawl hawk, high intensity athlete, super fast
DK Metcalf WR .... NFL ready, number 1 receiver in first season
Dremont Jones .. DT ..... Buckeye run stuffer alongside Larry O, ideally would like a vet next to Larry O like Grady Jarrett but Jones has huge potential
Dremont Jones .. DT ..... Buckeye run stuffer alongside Larry O, ideally would like a vet next to Larry O like Grady Jarrett but Jones has huge potential
Love 'Dre - but he won't hold the double teams that our line will require to keep the LB's clean and successful without some severe scheme changes.
And even then...
-
Ive seen mocks with Devin going top 5
Agree... Dre will be a nice speed DT for some team, but doesn't fill a need for us.
Ive seen mocks with Devin going top 5
He certainly is worthy of a top 5, but need does strange things to draft boards.
We know Bosa is a near lock ar #1 and most rankings I've seen have another 5 DL in the top ten. Then there's Josh Allen and a couple CBs so that's 9...
Add one or two OTs to the mix and that's 11.
We need 3 QBs to go in the top half of round 1 to help drop him more towards us and there's a chance with Murray now in the mix that happens.
We might have to move up a couple spots to fend off MLB hungry teams, e.g., the Steelers, but we've got a legit shot at D. White.
-
I am not sure why anyone is bringing up a QB for this draft. For the first time in forever we can forget spending a draft pick on a QB and worry about other things. And if a QB dropped far enough down into the 4th round or later then maybe entertain it, but no way we spend our first round pick to compete with our first round pick from last year at the same position when the guy from last year might be the rookie of the year. Its dumb, we should be discussing just about any other position then QB. We need a DT, a DE, a WR, a DB, even an OT, but no QB.
-
Agree... Dre will be a nice speed DT for some team, but doesn't fill a need for us.
Ive seen mocks with Devin going top 5
He certainly is worthy of a top 5, but need does strange things to draft boards.
We know Bosa is a near lock ar #1 and most rankings I've seen have another 5 DL in the top ten. Then there's Josh Allen and a couple CBs so that's 9...
Add one or two OTs to the mix and that's 11.
We need 3 QBs to go in the top half of round 1 to help drop him more towards us and there's a chance with Murray now in the mix that happens.
We might have to move up a couple spots to fend off MLB hungry teams, e.g., the Steelers, but we've got a legit shot at D. White.
Agree... Dre will be a nice speed DT for some team, but doesn't fill a need for us.
He certainly is worthy of a top 5, but need does strange things to draft boards.
We know Bosa is a near lock ar #1 and most rankings I've seen have another 5 DL in the top ten. Then there's Josh Allen and a couple CBs so that's 9...
Add one or two OTs to the mix and that's 11.
We need 3 QBs to go in the top half of round 1 to help drop him more towards us and there's a chance with Murray now in the mix that happens.
We might have to move up a couple spots to fend off MLB hungry teams, e.g., the Steelers, but we've got a legit shot at D. White.
I would love to get White, BUT I think we would have to trade up to get him, plus I think this is a very weak QB draft, so I'm not planning on QB needy teams going after one early, but there IS "supply & demand".
Mike
-
I think, I would draft a kicker in the 4th/5th round.
Austin Seibert.
Oklahoma. * Mayfield's ex-teammate !
Dec 29, 2018 - Oklahoma University senior placekicker Austin Seibert set the ... state and regional awards for his columns, feature stories and news reporting.OU football: Austin Seibert named Big 12 Special Teams Player of ...
www.oudaily.com/...austin-seibert.../article_dff3790c-f19d-11e8-8a49-c7e633bd2d5...Nov 26, 2018 - Senior kicker Austin Seibert was announced as the Big 12 Special ... This is the second time this season Seibert has received this honor. -
I am not sure why anyone is bringing up a QB for this draft. For the first time in forever we can forget spending a draft pick on a QB and worry about other things. And if a QB dropped far enough down into the 4th round or later then maybe entertain it, but no way we spend our first round pick to compete with our first round pick from last year at the same position when the guy from last year might be the rookie of the year. Its dumb, we should be discussing just about any other position then QB. We need a DT, a DE, a WR, a DB, even an OT, but no QB.
I am not sure why anyone is bringing up a QB for this draft. For the first time in forever we can forget spending a draft pick on a QB and worry about other things. And if a QB dropped far enough down into the 4th round or later then maybe entertain it, but no way we spend our first round pick to compete with our first round pick from last year at the same position when the guy from last year might be the rookie of the year. Its dumb, we should be discussing just about any other position then QB. We need a DT, a DE, a WR, a DB, even an OT, but no QB.
Who is bringing up a QB....besides a single dipstick? The post before yours had the right perspective, asking: how many QBs will go high in this draft so that a player that we really can use can drop to us?
Haskins? Lock? Jones out of Duke? Little Big Man Murray?
-
I am not sure why anyone is bringing up a QB for this draft. For the first time in forever we can forget spending a draft pick on a QB and worry about other things. And if a QB dropped far enough down into the 4th round or later then maybe entertain it, but no way we spend our first round pick to compete with our first round pick from last year at the same position when the guy from last year might be the rookie of the year. Its dumb, we should be discussing just about any other position then QB. We need a DT, a DE, a WR, a DB, even an OT, but no QB.
Who is bringing up a QB....besides a single dipstick? The post before yours had the right perspective, asking: how many QBs will go high in this draft so that a player that we really can use can drop to us?
Haskins? Lock? Jones out of Duke? Little Big Man Murray?
Who is bringing up a QB....besides a single dipstick? The post before yours had the right perspective, asking: how many QBs will go high in this draft so that a player that we really can use can drop to us?
Haskins? Lock? Jones out of Duke? Little Big Man Murray?
Well I hope as many as possible, but given the fact QBs like Flacco, Tyrod, Bridgewater will be available, I would bet that will push down 1 or more of these QBs into the next round. So free agency will play a role in this to some degree. I can see Haskins and Lock going before we pick.
-
Agree... Dre will be a nice speed DT for some team, but doesn't fill a need for us.
He certainly is worthy of a top 5, but need does strange things to draft boards.
We know Bosa is a near lock ar #1 and most rankings I've seen have another 5 DL in the top ten. Then there's Josh Allen and a couple CBs so that's 9...
Add one or two OTs to the mix and that's 11.
We need 3 QBs to go in the top half of round 1 to help drop him more towards us and there's a chance with Murray now in the mix that happens.
We might have to move up a couple spots to fend off MLB hungry teams, e.g., the Steelers, but we've got a legit shot at D. White.
I would love to get White, BUT I think we would have to trade up to get him, plus I think this is a very weak QB draft, so I'm not planning on QB needy teams going after one early, but there IS "supply & demand".
Mike
Wow... Gipper's right for once...
QBs are always overdrafted but never more so than in mediocre QB classes... Exhibit A... Blake Bortles.
Haskins will go top ten... possibly top 5. Duke's Jones is in the mix for top 15 as is Murray. And we're still not to the Combine...
I would love to get White, BUT I think we would have to trade up to get him, plus I think this is a very weak QB draft, so I'm not planning on QB needy teams going after one early, but there IS "supply & demand".
Disagree on weak... more "mediocre" to my mind and therefor even more likely to lend itself to QB-reaching.
-
Wow... Gipper's right for once...
QBs are always overdrafted but never more so than in mediocre QB classes... Exhibit A... Blake Bortles.
Haskins will go top ten... possibly top 5. Duke's Jones is in the mix for top 15 as is Murray. And we're still not to the Combine...
I would love to get White, BUT I think we would have to trade up to get him, plus I think this is a very weak QB draft, so I'm not planning on QB needy teams going after one early, but there IS "supply & demand".
Disagree on weak... more "mediocre" to my mind and therefor even more likely to lend itself to QB-reaching.
Wow... Gipper's right for once...
QBs are always overdrafted but never more so than in mediocre QB classes... Exhibit A... Blake Bortles.
Always remember hearing Brian Billick on a podcast saying that "need is a terrible evaluator of talent, especially in a QB". Which is why QB's are always overdrafted.
-
Wow... Gipper's right for once...
QBs are always overdrafted but never more so than in mediocre QB classes... Exhibit A... Blake Bortles.
Haskins will go top ten... possibly top 5. Duke's Jones is in the mix for top 15 as is Murray. And we're still not to the Combine...
I would love to get White, BUT I think we would have to trade up to get him, plus I think this is a very weak QB draft, so I'm not planning on QB needy teams going after one early, but there IS "supply & demand".
Disagree on weak... more "mediocre" to my mind and therefor even more likely to lend itself to QB-reaching.
Wow... Gipper's right for once...
At least I got something right once....still waiting for your first time. Your cherry is intact
QBs are always overdrafted but never more so than in mediocre QB classes... Exhibit A... Blake Bortles.
Is that the best you got? Really? Like saying; water is wet.
Haskins will go top ten... possibly top 5. Duke's Jones is in the mix for top 15 as is Murray. And we're still not to the Combine...
Disagree on weak... more "mediocre" to my mind and therefor even more likely to lend itself to QB-reaching.
We probably really have to wait 5 years to judge a QB class. Take 2005. Even after 3 years you would have said that the QBs taken in the first round seem like busts (based on today's instant gratification standards) Alex Smith....spotty record his first 4 years, including missing one whole season to injury... and Aaron Rodgers....didn't hardly get off the bench. Seems like these 3 came through pretty good later. Now, perhaps 3 years is usually a fairly reliable time to judge, but not always.
-
has anyone but me used this site yet? https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/02/sweet-spots-for-every-position-in-2019-nfl-draft/ been using it for a while now. Seems loaded with good prospect information. Enjoy!!
-
I had Mayfeild as the guy for the last month or so before the draft.
I don't see Rosen ever being better than an average QB.
If we take a QB at 17 I will literally never watch the nfl again
I'd say about zero percent chance of taking a QB EARLY, but I can certainly see us taking one eventually in the draft. I think the backup QB is an extremely important position, and I'm curious what we're going to do about it. Heck, if Josh McCown still wants to play, I'd love bringing him back for a year.
We're going to focus on DT, OL, and LB early on in the draft, if I had to bet.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login